test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vanguard Science Ship

Can we get this ship please?

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Not sure what ship you are talking about m8.

^ This. No idea.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    If I had at least a few hints on what ship the OP is talking about, I could definitely answer his question...
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yes, a picture or link to one would be appreciated, then we can help
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    really should have a pic so people know what you are talking about.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    The only 'Vanguard' I know of that relates to Star Trek is a space station from Star Trek: Vanguard (which has 3 ships with it, none of which have the ship or class name Vanguard) and an STO-exclusive cruiser.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    The only 'Vanguard' I know of that relates to Star Trek is a space station from Star Trek: Vanguard (which has 3 ships with it, none of which have the ship or class name Vanguard) and an STO-exclusive cruiser.
    well there ya go, OP. it's a variant of the t5 star cruiser.

and they say the forums ain't good for nuthin
    Spock.jpg

• coqaunandos117#2576 coqaunandos117 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Well, I guess you finally know what the OP was talking about. @somtaawkhar @rattler2 @coldnapalm @horstpfick @echatty @dracounguis @tyler002 @vetteguy904
    Somehow I doubt he was referring to the Crossfield class...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mikejf1220#5024 mikejf1220 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Hi yes I was referring to the Discovery ship, which our Devs have termed a Vanguard type science ship. And now I have may answer, January 23rd!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Hi yes I was referring to the Discovery ship, which our Devs have termed a Vanguard type science ship. And now I have may answer, January 23rd!

Just for reference, how did you first learn about this distinction for the ship?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • mikejf1220#5024 mikejf1220 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    A dev told a friend of mine in the guild it was coming, but he didn't know when yet. Thats why I posted this thread to see if anyone knew. Glad we know now!
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I heard this name before the announcement too. But I was smart enough not to talk about it.

Same.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    So... you decided to ask the community at large, that is not privy to Cryptic's timetables, when we were getting the Crossfield?

How does that work?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Well, in hindsight and recent revelatory information from the OP, this obviously started as a discussion of unreleased content, which is against the ToS. So, in future, @mikejf1220, I would suggest that if you hear something from a "friend of a friend", you keep that information to yourself and not bring it to the forum.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Well @crashdragon
    I give you free reign in this thread. But no eating the forumites ok? They tend to leave bits behind that get caught in your teeth. Just ask Draco.