What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you think? Season 14 Queues

2»

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I like the ground one quite a bit. It's sort of new to shoot at a ship from the ground. The 10 people required might kill it pretty quickly, but since it gives the provisions it might survive a while.

I like the Tzenkethi red alert also. It has a realistic flavor to it that if any of the torpedoes go through the planet is killed and you lose.

I do not like the gauntlet one. We're just put on a timer to continuously kill until the timer runs down?? Also, for me it is awful to play with the new backgrounds. I have this problem in the feature episodes with the new starfields, and here with the radiation ring thing. Just a flipbook for me.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Just run the RA and Gauntlet, holy cow Batman....those are impressive missions. Much more intense than anything for a good while.
    I loved the risk of failure in the RA, even though it's just an easy task to gun down the torpedoes it felt pretty close at times. Most of our group were at the 2 satellites and i was solo holding off a wall of protomater death and pushing back to the launching ships. Pretty epic fight for once.

Gauntlet was a total, full-on murderfest and i loved it for once. There were swarms of things to shoot and with a full team who were switched on, upgraded satellites and fleet supports we had a massive space war going on there. We had Iconians and there were just swarms of them, literally. Way, way more intense than anything in the Iconian War arc.

All in all a pretty good experience so far. :)
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Gauntlet:

Total fail of a PvE map. Really, it’s the worst since Herald sphere. I think every different player-type in game gets exactly here what he seeks not. Non DPSer are confronted with DPS tasks only (let’s not count the remaining jokes to do) and DPSer are confronted with the same fixed timer they so despise. A very weak effort/reward ratio rounds this thing up to total uselessness.

Beach Assault:

Technically a fun map but which gets crippled by the 10 player requirement. Given what success Binary has been (not) Cryptic really seems eager to give teamed PvE no chance at all. I wonder why effort has been put into this map in the first place.

Sadly Cryptic gave birth to two dead children here of whom I believe that they won’t survive the initial season they are released in. If not for a boring map design then terrible effort/reward ratios combined with queue conditions make sure they won’t thrive ever. While I usually enjoy challenging content I also doubt the player-base will appreciate the fact that both maps have higher difficulties than the other maps of the respective settings. I relay wonder how often the elite versions of both maps are run (or if they are even run ever?).

I never thought I say this but I rather go scanning on the new colony than to tend to those PvE.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Gauntlet:

Total fail of a PvE map. Really, it’s the worst since Herald sphere. I think every different player-type in game gets exactly here what he seeks not. Non DPSer are confronted with DPS tasks only (let’s not count the remaining jokes to do) and DPSer are confronted with the same fixed timer they so despise. A very weak effort/reward ratio rounds this thing up to total uselessness.
    Well, if you want to reduce the players into "DPSer" and "non DPSer," then maybe that's so. I for one like they Gauntlet.

But, being yet another timed autowin queue, I do predict it will inevitably get AFKed a lot by people who just want the provisions.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I liked the red alert. I will probably play it from time to time while running daily red alerts.

Gauntlet, I'll have to play it a few more times.. No opinon on it yet.

The ground invasion.. Queue wouldn't pop for me. Granted I only tried to queue up twice. Waited about 5-10mins for it to pop each time, but no luck, and I didn't have the time to wait around for it.
    Going to try again tonight. So hopefully will have some feedback on that one later this week.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I ran the Beach Assault Advanced for three days no problem. Starting two days ago it would not pop after 20 minutes. Has not gone above 5 or 6 at best. Making this a 10 person 'Competitive' Queue was not the best idea.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Where to start... 1) still have the horrid UI for queues 2) Way to many PVE quques you need to work on that making a rotation with far fewer active quques at any given time. 3) Need to add a solo option to the quques 4) very frustarting in beach assualt when waiting in quque and only half of the 5,5 gets filled and you get endless player declines so event can't start.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Blowing up those Protomatter Torpedoes was very easy with BFAW and TS, especially with quick fire Kelvin Timeline Photon Torpedoes.

I was beginning to think that Guantlet enemies was just the Borg. Played it twice so far and that's all I have seen. :)

I know the feeling. I have run it 10 times and 8 of them have been Vaudweer.
  • Options
    tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Dranuur Gauntlet Advanced difficulty is way way too high for certain enemies (Voth.....) for the setup you see in 90% of queue games (2-3 leechers that have nothing to do in advanced mode, 1 afk, 1-2 people actually able and willing to play). Also the time/reward ratio for the new resources is rather bad. You get a total of 300 ressources for an advanced run that takes 15 minutes while with minigames you get 750 for 5 minutes. Either take a few minutes of the timers or increase the resource reward please.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Quite like the red alert the most of the newer ques, and so not really able to comment on the others out of bias an lack of equal amount of time played on them.

I actually quite like that the fact that target acquisition is rewarded (killing the cruisers first helps out quite abit at times), and that fighting the Tzenkethi from the front is rewarded too via their weaker shield facing there. Also the short duration briefing window allows for you to remind players in the group, or to make a quick battle-plan (been going with two ships guard the sats, an one goes off killing battle-cruisers when they spawn.).

I do agree that an static time-gate in stfs is abit of a let down, and in many ways can un-motivate players to participate in the stf. I could go for their being more a dynamic style of time-gate in a stf (for instance in the mirror event stf), that thru doing certain activities in the stf can be reduced to a set base time (such as closing portals, powering a station, and such using the same example).

I will agree that both the ques could use a rotation for what stfs are available to be uqued for publicly. As well as a either a adjustment to the reward payout for certain stfs, such as those that have quite a bit higher time investment compared to other stfs, but yet their reward is the same for a much shorter an simpler stf of the same difficulty rank (normal, advanced, elite). The other would be a shift of what kinds of rewards are given for completing the optional objectives in the stfs, such as higher reward payout, or making that you gain elite marks from completing the optionals in the stf (maybe even just additional elite marks).
  • Options
    robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    For those who have the Tzenkethi Armor... do you need the armor, shield and gun in order to use the hologram attack or can it be done with just the armor alone?
    Post edited by robert#4620 on
  • Options
    feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I like ground stf.
    The space one could be more variable and not just endless waves of enemies.
    I would add marks choice, not just lukari.

I think endeavour idea is good and could be implemented so people ould be more interested in running other STF queues instead of the usual old ones.
    When i put 10-12 STF queues...i am tired to see that the most quick to start are : infected the conduit, cure found, etc...

EDIT:
    what i mean is that nobody likes to do the same thing 1000 times. So, "the endeavour" idea is good. For example there could be 3 weekly randomly chosen STFs, each one gives a daily different token (almost like the blue, ref, green omega). Once we have the 3 different ones we could craft a dilithium voucher (voucher for fleet projects or reputation projects).

Something like that would keep active and alive all the STFs on a rotation basis.

AND, some of those old STFs could need a little revamp..like adding some random enemy ships pop ups...

• Options
    ashtin1979ashtin1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    > @humblesheep said:
    > Dranurr Gauntlet was boring, just flying round for far too long shooting down endless wave of ships that hardly shot back. All for Lukari marks I don't need. Why?

I need the marks because I still need the rep maxed for almost all the factions. I really wish people would stop thinking they speak for everyone.
  • Options
    ashtin1979ashtin1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    The queues are a disastrous grind btw.
  • Options
    zimou13#8649 zimou13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I see a lack of resources, time, and commitment editing and publishing this trailer. There is nothing exciting about this release. A couple of missions, a ridiculous excuse for a grind and next to nothing to be excited about in this season. All Their effort seems to be put into selling ships and costumes.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I see a lack of resources, time, and commitment editing and publishing this trailer. There is nothing exciting about this release. A couple of missions, a ridiculous excuse for a grind and next to nothing to be excited about in this season. All Their effort seems to be put into selling ships and costumes.

Sorry to say it, but what do you expect when most of their money to fund the content is from well selling ships/costumes/services? Naturally the focus of the content created is going to shift towards those things that produce the highest amount of value to keep things running.