test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet holdings - missing services, etc.

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Fleet System and Holdings
Hi Dev Team!

Say, while wondering through my Fleet's holding recently with a new character, I found a number of services missing and a couple of clean up items that could be addressed. I've listed them below. And I'm sure other folks can add a few to the list.

Fleet Starbase: there is no Exchange access anywhere on the station. (Both Fed and Klingon bases)

K-13: There is no one to sell items to. It is also missing a Bartender. Two problems solved with the inclusion of one. ;P Also the removal of the officer who sits at the Bank/Mail/Exchange console would be nice - as he/she is ALWAYS stuck in the floor graphically.
Post edited by captainhunter1 on

Comments

• r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    they will not put a exchange on the fleet base because it would render esd and other starbases as redundent because everyone would use there fleet base and esd would be useless
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    r24681012 wrote: »
    they will not put a exchange on the fleet base because it would render esd and other starbases as redundent because everyone would use there fleet base and esd would be useless

Fleet Starbases are too far off the beaten path to render ESD useless. I rarely see other Fleet members in the base, even with a maxed out membership. Adding an Exchange console certainly would not make everyone suddenly flock to Fleet Starbases, but it sure would be more convenient to have one there. It sure beats transporting to my ship in the space just outside and calling a trade freighter just to check on items and still conduct other Fleet business.

I mean heck, K-13, a beat up old station even has Exchange access, but a brand new state-of-the-art major Fleet base doesn't? *confused*
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I am not sure of the "official" reason for lack of Exchange at the Fleet Starbase.

I usually head off to the Fleet Dilithium Mine every day....to go get the extra Dilithium Refinement DOFF assignment...and use the Exchange over there.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    The only things that I could see becoming irrelevant by adding the exchange to the fleet starbase is K-7/ Ganalda. However, I have thought of a couple of ideas that could help keep them relevant.

1: Move the Fleet starbases to different locations or allow fleet leaders to pick which sector block they would like to have their fleet's starbase.

2: Convert K-7/ Ganalda into a staging area for PVP quenes.