What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player LC Submission Ideas

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    starswordc wrote: »
    "Election Year"

Federation presidential elections take place every six years (barring delays due to national crises), meaning President Aennik Okeg's third term is coming to an end. Is he running for a fourth term or stepping down? Who else is running, and what issues are important in the campaign: entanglements in the Delta Quadrant, the refugee crisis at home, economic chaos from the Iconian War? And does your captain prefer any particular candidate?

I thought someone proposed something like this already...

They might have, I don't remember. I know it's been brought up in General Discussion threads, though.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    "Election Year"

Federation presidential elections take place every six years (barring delays due to national crises), meaning President Aennik Okeg's third term is coming to an end. Is he running for a fourth term or stepping down? Who else is running, and what issues are important in the campaign: entanglements in the Delta Quadrant, the refugee crisis at home, economic chaos from the Iconian War? And does your captain prefer any particular candidate?

An interesting one here. :)

Certainly wouldn't mind a joint story with you on this one, StarSword - that'll be fun. :)
    76561198160276582.png
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Well in that vein:

Redo; Retry:

A first contact encounter with a new species has a horrible accident, thanks to differences in technology or biology - and one that would have been easily avoided with a little foreknowledge of the situation. Really little, word in the right place, pay no attention to the time machines in the corner. Is your captain working to change history or protect it, and do they go through with their mission, whichever side of the line?
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    another sick one from my sick mind.
    {for FEDERATION players ONLY}
    "For our sins be forgiven?"-your Captain discovers that Starfleet, or more particularly, Temporal Agents representing 'future' starfleet, were responsible for the Praxis detonation-an event that killed billions of Klingons. We're talking undeniable proof that had they not meddled/intervened, Qo'noS would still have a moon instead of a belt, and the events of Star Trek VI wouldn't have happened.

so...what do you do? This is absolutely an atrocity, it absolutely happened, it was absolutely NOT an industrial accident. what's your move? Keep in mind, the things that would not have come to pass without it.

Send a strike team back in time to prevent it. Besides any moral issues with stopping an act of genocide, on a practical level it means the Federation might forge an alliance with the Romulans instead: the Romulans at least keep the concept of "enlightened self-interest" as a core principle of their honor code, making them, how shall I put this, saner allies for the Federation to have. I always blamed the Khitomer Accords for the Romulans withdrawing from the world between the movies and TNG.

And in the bargain, we get to TRIBBLE up that incompetent tyrant Daniels and restore part of the original unpolluted timeline (because there had to be one at some point). Win-win.

This is fun! I'm taking this one to AlternateHistory.com, see what insanity they come up with, like what effects it would have on the Dominion War.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Some ideas I had:

Lost to Time: A message, whether a warning or last words, of some lost civilization has been found in the ruins of an unexplored star system. Except there was never any indication that this planet ever held sentient life, nor any ruins found of colonists. Just the message and it's contents.

Crossover: Star Trek has always been one of the go to realities for the strange and unnatural. From Mutants, to Ringslingers, to the odd Blue Box, the Federation and its allies have seen their fair share of strangeness. Now, in your own (non-canon if you prefer) spinoff, your Captain has found their own oddity. Whether They cross over, or your Captain does, this is going to be one strange adventure!
    "Fleet Week"

You're docked in port between missions and give the all clear for the off-duty crew to go ashore for some well-deserved R&R. Do you head to the officer's club for a quiet drink, or is some hiking and fishing more your speed? And what wacky hijinks do the crew get up to when boilermakers are two-for-one at the local bars? Do they arrow for the tourist traps, or do they seek out more intellectual pursuits at libraries and museums? And how well does the Shore Patrol do at keeping a lid on the festivities and making sure everyone's back aboard when it's time to leave?
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• I have too many timey-wimey ideas... time to pawn some off here!

This one was inspired by the Voyager episode "Relativity"...

Tempus Fugit
    You beam aboard Deep Space 9 for some much needed shore leave and find the Department of Temporal Investigations waiting for you. You're under arrest... for something you haven't done yet! You are to be temporally reintegrated with your future self, and then made to stand trial for your future crimes. What is your reaction to the situation at hand? What crime(s) did you commit, and why? How do you react to your future self's deeds?
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    "Follow you into the Dark"

"As your captain is in their personal quarters, they find themselves reflecting on the sacrifices that they had made recently. A fallen crewman, a loss in family, the death of an academy friend, etc. This bout of quiet memorim is punctured by the appearance of an unknown being claiming to be Death itself. It offers to bring back one person who has passed from the mortal coil for a conversation and then a choice. Your captain will be asked to offer one soul in exchange for the fallen. The dead may use the conversation to state it's case for resurrection. Will your captain entertain the conversation? Will they accept the offer?"
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    "Entertainment Programming"

Entertainment programming has not gone away as the centuries have gone by - in fact, it has only grown. Even though the television has long fallen by the wayside, the programs that have been available on it have thrived, even as they moved on to new mediums. Some shows have survived the test of time relatively intact, with new hosts, some have spiritual successors, and some are radically different than their originals - and that's not counting the new shows that have arisen.

Write a short story about your captain watching their favorite program. What is the premise? What are its origins? How did your captain first get introduced to it? Why does your captain like it? Is there one moment they like more than others? And do other members of the crew enjoy the program?
    76561198160276582.png
    Somebody on AH.com asked me what Eleya would do if placed in Kirk's position in Star Trek Beyond.

"Altamid"

Your government has recently pushed into an unexplored region of space and begun charting a dense nebula. After rescuing an alien escape pod, your ship is dispatched to a planet deep in the nebula to search for the rest of her crew, and come upon a swarm of small ships that quickly turn hostile. How do you extract yourself from this predicament?
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

edited February 2017
    A couple of related prompts.

"Forerunners' Legacy"

The Federation and the Klingons were far from the first cultures to build realms to span the stars: warp travel in the Milky Way goes back hundreds of thousands if not millions of years. Those who came before, such as the Preservers, the Tkon, the Iconians, and the Inshai Compact, have left many secrets behind. What happens when your crew encounters their leavings? What new discoveries are there that those long before you discovered first?

And what became of these long-gone civilizations? Did they decline quietly over centuries? Fall to a great cataclysm? Ascend to a higher plane of existence? Or do remnants yet survive somewhere in the dark reaches of unexplored space? And what could their fall foretell of our own fates?

"The Preservers' Archive"

In 2410, a starship crew discovered a Preserver archive on Lae'nas III. Though the archive was later destroyed by the Iconians, teams sifting through its rubble have pieced together clues leading to what may be more Preserver secrets elsewhere in the galaxy. What happens when you and your crew begin to follow the trail?
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

edited April 2017
    "What Happened, Old Friend?"

Your captain encounters a friend or coworker from long in their past who has changed deeply in the years since you knew each other. Your different experiences may drive you apart, perhaps even set you on opposite sides. Or is your friendship strong enough for you to set aside your differences and pick up where you left off?

Or is the real problem that they are the same and you have changed?
    Post edited by starswordc on
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

"Journals of the Past"

A captain in the 25th Century discovers the journals of a great-grandparent, one who lived in the 23rd century, and reads about one of their exploits in the year 2270. Were they a war hero in a great conflict? A diplomat who secured peace or an alliance? Or were they a covert operative, doing things no one else could? And is the tale told in the journal a unique perspective on a widely-known historic event? Or is it something so classified that the journal is the only written record, that shows a take on history that, while true, vastly differs from the official tales?

Write the story of the adventure from the perspective of the ancestor, using the journal reading as a framing narrative.
    76561198160276582.png
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Command wants us to do WHAT?

Some times an order comes across a captain's desk that just leaves them wondering what command is getting high on and why it isn't in said captain's personal replicator menu. Tell about a time your captain gets such an order and if they went through with the order or not.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    First Command

Did your Academy Flight Team appoint you captain of your Midshipman Training Flight?
    Were you presented with a challenging away mission?
    Were you assigned as a Department Head or Project Team Leader?

Every potential captain is faced with command responsibilities long before she takes the center seat on a starship. Otherwise how would Starfleet know in whom to place the responsibility for the lives of a highly trained crew? Oh, and a very expensive starship.

What event tested your captain's potential as a command officer before his first command posting?
    Only Ashes Remain

Your ship recieves a distress call from a distant colony that is under attack, but for [reasons] arrives hours or even days late.
    They called for you, they trusted you to come, and you got there too late.

everyone is dead.

How does this affect your crew, your Captain? what will you do now, what will your report say, and how will this impact your captain's relationship with their respective high command?

Dang, Patrick. you've come up with some dark prompts before, but I think that takes the cake.
    76561198160276582.png
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Mutiny

Your Captain is replaced by an alien behavioral observer that looks, talks and behaves just like him/her— that is, except for a few subtle, or not-so-subtle, differences. Before the real Captain returns, how far does this impostor push the crew, how long before the crew realizes what's happened, and what, if anything, do they do?

Brave New Worlds

Your Captain and crew encounter a new species in the depths of space. What's their name? Where are they from? What do they look like? Are they hostile, or friendly? Do their cultural or social differences impact First Contact, or is it a smooth affair?
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Reunion

Whether a chance meeting of old friends or a long awaited party organized by your graduating class, you get the opportunity to see where they are now, who didn't make it, and sometimes why.
    Context is Overrated

While in the Delta Quadrant, you detect signs of and discover a derelict 23rd century Crossfield-class ship with a spore drive, which, after its early test flights, somehow emptied its decks of its crew. What happened to them, and what threats have you to deal with after you board the ship?
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Now Listen here, captain.
    Every captain has some one they will stop and consider what they have to say no matter how crazy it sounds;Picard had Gianian, Janeway had Tuvok, Sisko had Dax and Kira, Archer humored T'Pol., as did Kirk to Spock Write about a timeyour peerson caame to you' did you heed their advice orr blow them off? how did things turn out? they sayy I told you so?
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
    Jokes that will get you reported

You have a crewman or officer who feels they need to report everything they feel is insulting, degrading, or socially irresponsible that occurs near them-even if it's not directed at them. this comes to a head, when this person takes another member of the crew to the Inspector General's office-bypassing you, with a complaint where the alleged victim is a third party who, instead of feeling gratitude, is angry enough to become for-real-violent with the person who reported it. the IG (inspector general) officer handling the case has already bounced it back down to you, and now you've got to sort this out in a way that keeps your ship, crew and command intact...while dealing with external scrutiny from Starfleet command and/or Federation civilian officials.

Another one in the 'Damn, Patrick, that's seriously messed up' category.
    76561198160276582.png
    edited December 2017
    Ridge Eraser

Your Captain discovers a 23rd century Klingon ship, trapped, frozen, in a temporal fragment. Upon rescuing its crew, but losing the Klingon ship, you beam aboard a full complement of ridgeless Klingons. Not long after, your crew realizes your rescuing efforts are responsible for the similarly-release of a small fleet of even more 23rd century Klingon ships, only this time, they're angry, ridge-filled, bald Klingon extremists bent on annihilating your rescued ridgeless crew. How does your Captain deal with this discrimination and threat?
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Ridge Eraser

Your Captain discovers a 23rd century Klingon ship, trapped, frozen, in a temporal fragment. Upon rescuing its crew, but losing the Klingon ship, you beam aboard a full complement of ridgeless Klingons. Not long after, your crew realizes your rescuing efforts are responsible for the similarly-release of a small fleet of even more 23rd century Klingon ships, only this time, they're angry, ridge-filled, bald Klingon extremists bent on annihilating your rescued ridgeless crew. How does your Captain deal with this discrimination and threat?

Punch them in the face. It's the easiest way to kill the bald Klingons (based on reveals about their anatomy, a Disc. era Klingon's biggest weakness is in the forehead, which they leave uncovered. a solid punch by an average person has the same impact that hitting someone in the temple with a non-padded club would have-their skull structure can't hold up to ordinary bumps that just hurt, and the forebrain's a pretty exposed target as a result.)
    Hey, it fits canon.
    CROSIS: Klingon. Shatter the cranial exoskeleton at the tricipital lobe. Death is immediate.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png