test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Feature Coming?

Comments

• soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    kekvin wrote: »
    Away teams in space maybe? Legacy, sfc 1/2/3, dominion war games allowed u to command groups of ships and since we are admirals........

That would be...difficult at best to implement, due to the combat engine being much more fast-paced, plus the MMO nature of the game.
    nixie50 wrote: »
    feature? probably the mods thing feature episode? Data's return

Doubt it'd be a featured episode. More likely some gameplay QoL improvement.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Come on Pet Tab!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Colony fleet holding projects will take small hypos in lieu of dilithium?
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Gecko already ruled out that he was talking about a DS9 revamp, since that isn't a feature.

And since DS9 was my favourite star trek show, i will love that!
    And...if there will be a coming back from some DS9 crew, i would be even happier!

And i think there are good story / interesting possibilities too!
    - Of course dominion.
    - lovely Leeta (mirror version) with Pah Wraiths attacking Bajor Vs Kira defending it for example.
    - Sisko and Prophets?
    - Cardassians and Garak?
    - Odo coming back?

Just to say a few possibilities!

Ok, i love DS9...so i am biased for it! ;)

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I totally forgot the requests for a pet tab. That would be cool.

Right now my tops guesses would be per tab, weapon visuals, mod rerolls perhaps. Those all seem to be the most requested things on here these days that would count as a new feature at least.
    DS9 revamp is clearly gonna happen at some point with the new presumed Gamma Quadrant expansion so I don’t think that is really much of a secret.
    SulMatuul.png
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    Mod re-rolls would only be useful if you could select specific mods to change or it's near-free.

If you have to roll all mods at once it will average 100+ rolls per item to get a "perfect" mod set. For plain crafted gear you'd be better off creating 100+ mark II VR pieces of gear using cheap mats then leveling up the few that have "perfect" starting mods.
    more useful on already upgraded tiers when you dont get perfect mods with upgrade

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    x64 client, or mod re-roll... i'm more inclined to the x64 client, its ready now and works quite well..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Accept button will be removed from the que system. With longer afk penalties.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I really hope it is a PET TAB....​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    non-combat pet/tribble bank space.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    wouldnt mind being able to specify which mods i get on crafting... that would make me do crafting
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    My fondest wish is for cosmetic visuals for Weapons, ship and ground (it can be disabled for PvP zones).

Second up- Pet Tab.

• jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    t6 nova every one is begging for it lol XD
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Maybe it's the NPC's addressing our characters by chosen title instead of level-tied rank? :)
    Holy schmoly! This would be almost as good as a new Foundry interface!
    Did you see the Cryptic new error message in the foundry? :p Makes me wonder....

New error message tied to a badly needed new interface? What you talkin' about Willis?? :cold_sweat:
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I got it...FOUNDRY tiger-2.gif

It was broken for most of the year and the tweet does seem a bit old. @CaptainGeko ‏ stop the suspense and just give us our Xmas present!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Maybe it's the NPC's addressing our characters by chosen title instead of level-tied rank? :)
    Did you see the Cryptic new error message in the foundry? :p Makes me wonder....
    New error message tied to a badly needed new interface? What you talkin' about Willis?? :cold_sweat:
    No. It's an error that pops up when you do a map preview. It says "You must load the map on the PC client before running on a console."... Which makes no sense.... unless the devs are actually working on making that happen.

Also the style of the error box is weird. It doesn't use the in-game UI but a windows UI. The other possibility that occurs to me is that it's not an error players are ever meant to see and it's using "console" to mean the map editor.
    foundryerror_by_marhawkman-dbwfzol.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    No. It's an error that pops up when you do a map preview. It says "You must load the map on the PC client before running on a console."... Which makes no sense.... unless the devs are actually working on making that happen.

Also the style of the error box is weird. It doesn't use the in-game UI but a windows UI. The other possibility that occurs to me is that it's not an error players are ever meant to see and it's using "console" to mean the map editor.
    foundryerror_by_marhawkman-dbwfzol.png

Interesting.

Would be awesome if the Foundry were getting opened up for console players. However...

...it's like trying to get an ocean's worth of content through a sink faucet with the current interface. It REALLY needs to get fixed.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Pets Tab! Pets Tab! Pets Tab!
    mlfw1301_1322072037614711.gif

Having loyal pets by your side is one of the most important features of the game. A Captain in a Leadership role with no Pet's kept close to his side is obviously a very sad Captain.

All Captain's need the love of their pets.
    0zxlclk.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Stop with the Pet Tabs already. Geko is not going to preen on about a much desired item if it were just for a bloody Pet Tab. There are many more useful and clutterous things that need a Tab before one for pets. His much desired/requested feature would be more actually game mechanics oriented than Pets.

If you have that many Pets that you need a Tab to store them you are going to end up dying in a house/apartment alone with 150 cats roaming around the place. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Pretty sure a lot of the things suggested in the thread aren't features at all.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I think there were some other Reddit posts about this. Guessing it's just referencing the DS9 remastering and whatever else Gamma Quadrant? they do for the expansion in 2018

I'm hoping it's this one. DS9 and the Jem'Hadar look like really bad knock offs, which is terrible, given that this is the licensed game for the IP.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Sad day if its not the option for temporal agents to remove philip grey from existence.

Middle of the temporal war and he thinks alls well, complete that arc and he still keeps pestering you to say alls well.

Specific mods from crafting sounds dangerously close to reducing a dil sink so more than slightly sceptical about that one seeing the light of day.
  • hamtidamti#1438 hamtidamti Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    > @jonsills said:
    > I was hoping he was going to replace Jorel Quinn with Wesley Crusher. :smile:

Wesley Crusher is not a feature ;-)
This discussion has been closed.