test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Colony Invasion constant trolls starting sims with no permission and uses hosts tokens :'(

kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
edited December 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi Cryptic you have a major issue with your lovely colony invasion event, I am so many others play them every day but recently the trolls have found their way into them. Today is the last time i host a colony sim, as constantly trolls just join and click start when i or x host has yet to invite all the players, the tokens cost me so so much xp that i can't afford to make many and today a troll started my sim early and then just as it finished he started another, wasting my tokens to his or hers ! I mean this is just terrible i am so upset and angry, the simulation channel if flaming and i don't know what to do next.

I buy SOOO much Zen each week to fill all the Colonies tier 3 fleet projects so my simulations are at there best but now no joke i just feel like its a waste if i cant even host a sim without a troll joining a ruining it for us all and wasting my tokens and setup time all on my expensive fleet map.

In short you need to implement two or three things:

1: only a player from the fleet that owns the map with the "Manage special fleet events" setting can start the sim ! that is a must
2: If another player is intended to start the simulation from another fleet using their tokens, they must be granted permission by the map owner and again have the manage special fleet events settings enable for their rank.
3: optional but would stop the trolls, a banner like the lockbox reward banner, so once x player starts the sim it would say "playerx@playerx started sim C" therefore we would know who the troll is.

I beg you to please please implement these easy fixes, i know you worked hard on creating the colony world so please stop these trolls.
yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
Post edited by kawasakizx10rr on

Comments

• Options
    nalastonalasto Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    +1 echo Kawasaki's comments.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Yep, I was part of that event and this was extremely annoying. We were trying to do a specific simulation, but because of the troll, it didn't happen. (And, we had to deal with starting early without a full team.) Only the host (the person with permissions for that specific fleet map should be able to start the event.
  • Options
    irontank#3277 irontank Member Posts: 1 New User
    As if the costs aren't high enough, now there's trolls killing the best way to build the colony
  • Options
    herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    This has happened in multiple simulations I've been in. It is very frustrating for the host. :(
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • Options
    kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    This is a particularly toxic form of griefing and needs to be stopped ASAP.

Not "we'll get around to it in the spring, maybe" pace but "next patch" pace.
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    It was only a matter of time ...

This needs to be fixed asap.

Also add some kind of teams management interface and while we are here make the sim types actualy different and with different rewards like fleet dil.
  • Options
    tedgrodzkitedgrodzki Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    :'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    nice to see all the support :)
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    lordkerdochlordkerdoch Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Having ran into this today as well, this def could use a quickfix. While simple check while seeing if a token is available for the fleet that is triggering it, add a second that looks to determine if the trigger person is in said fleet with permissions. It isn't rocket science, or even a social science.
  • Options
    vadavianthulevadavianthule Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Hi all,

Agreed, you can visit another fleets Starbase Holding and spend all that fleets ship provisions on ships for yourself, oh no, wait a minute, you spend your fleets resources no matter which fleets holdings you visit, so then why is the Fleet Colony Holding different? none-fleet members should not have access to a fleets colony provisions/sim tokens just because they have been invited to that fleets map. This needs to be fixed so that so called 'trolls' can not waste a fleets earned resources.

Thanks
    Post edited by vadavianthule on
    Fleet Admiral Davian Thule.
    Kobayashi Crew.
    Dave@dangerousdave1701
  • Options
    dylankoshdylankosh Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This situation needs to be fixed ASAP. I hope that someone at Cryptic takes notice. It is surely as easy to fix as has been suggested. If you are on Fleet A's Colony, only those with permission from that fleet should be able to start the sim. Until then our fleets, Access Denied and Naw'Tem, will only be looking for players on the DPS channels, Subcomms, and any other channels that the honorable Simulation community might suggest. Our officers and fleet members are very active in the simulation channel, but we need to take precautions until Cryptic cuts the trolls off.

@dylankosh Fleet Commander of Naw'Tem/ First Officer of Access Denied

• Options
    tiberiumblautiberiumblau Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    +1 There's also npcs spawning and getting stuck in the arch above SG1 that needs fixing.
  • Options
    dylankoshdylankosh Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    dylankosh wrote: »
    This situation needs to be fixed ASAP. I hope that someone at Cryptic takes notice. It is surely as easy to fix as has been suggested. If you are on Fleet A's Colony, only those with permission from that fleet should be able to start the sim. Until then our fleets, Access Denied and Naw'Tem, will only be looking for players on the DPS channels, Subcomms, and any other channels that the honorable Simulation community might suggest. Our officers and fleet members are very active in the simulation channel, but we need to take precautions until Cryptic cuts the trolls off.

@dylankosh Fleet Commander of Naw'Tem/ First Officer of Access Denied

For the record the 2 sims I was a part of tonight had no problems from trolls. We filled a lot from the normal sim channel.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Odds of anything getting fixed before late January are slim to none, and that's if they decide this is a priority. Its that time of year when cryptic goes on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks, regardless of how broken the game is.
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    It would be a sufficient change if it consumes the tokens from the player that actually starts the simulation instead of the fleet the map belongs to. While it will be a tempting troll target if it doesn't cost you anything it is quite another thing if you have to use your own resources.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Please tell all your fleet leaders to remove the 'MANAGE SPECIAL FLEET EVENTS' permission from their ranks, unless they absolutely trust their members.

This permission is currently 'bugged' and allowing anyone regardless of fleet, to be able to start simulations anywhere even if they are not a member of another fleet.
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Whatever the reason why this is happening, it needs to get fixed to where the hosting fleet's member(s) on the map (if the permission is set) are the only ones with the ability to start a Colony Invasion on that instance.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    sportz19721010sportz19721010 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I agree with Kawasaki, this needs to stop. Please, put a fix on this because it is really ruining game play.
    darth-vader-wants-to-rock_zps3as86bfd.gif
  • Options
    lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Hi Cryptic you have a major issue with your lovely colony invasion event, I am so many others play them every day but recently the trolls have found their way into them. Today is the last time i host a colony sim, as constantly trolls just join and click start when i or x host has yet to invite all the players, the tokens cost me so so much xp that i can't afford to make many and today a troll started my sim early and then just as it finished he started another, wasting my tokens to his or hers ! I mean this is just terrible i am so upset and angry, the simulation channel if flaming and i don't know what to do next.

I buy SOOO much Zen each week to fill all the Colonies tier 3 fleet projects so my simulations are at there best but now no joke i just feel like its a waste if i cant even host a sim without a troll joining a ruining it for us all and wasting my tokens and setup time all on my expensive fleet map.

In short you need to implement two or three things:

1: only a player from the fleet that owns the map with the "Manage special fleet events" setting can start the sim ! that is a must
    2: If another player is intended to start the simulation from another fleet using their tokens, they must be granted permission by the map owner and again have the manage special fleet events settings enable for their rank.
    3: optional but would stop the trolls, a banner like the lockbox reward banner, so once x player starts the sim it would say "playerx@playerx started sim C" therefore we would know who the troll is.

I beg you to please please implement these easy fixes, i know you worked hard on creating the colony world so please stop these trolls.

Totaly agree with, this, as Admin of the simulation channel that form these sims. i have to deal with the fallout and yesterday evening 19:00 CET it was mental.

One started way to early and we had to scramble to SG4 to save it, the perp stayd on the map unteamed. Hiding somewhere (enough hiding places on this map) we could not find him, he stayd AFK not responding to tells nor in zone chat, host could not kick him eihter cause knowhere to be found. as a result this sim failed due to voth and one SG (sg2) remained. as the failing started to start the perp beamed up and left so we know who that was, and took a channel action thats only what we can do.

got screens and chat logs, everything of this case.

but this has to be dealth with quick, cause sims where fun and brought players together. now its becomming a trolling/griefers wet dream.
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    update on this matter

Screen_Shot_2017-12-10_at_15.33.04.png
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Glad to see a fix is being looked into at least. It’s a bit worrying that the one aspect of the Colony holding people seem to be enjoying most is now open to this sort of problem.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    BUMP!

Ability to kick players from map that are not in immediate vicinity of the host would also be nice.

Thanks
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • Options
    huijian wrote: »
    BUMP!

Ability to kick players from map that are not in immediate vicinity of the host would also be nice.

Thanks

+1
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    So the real beef is with others starting the SIM...not so much with trolls just sabotaging SGs?

Mos of the problems I have seen so far is sabotaging a SIM either on purpose or not. For instance people having the wrong skills to heal an SG and staying on purpose to sabotage the SIM...fleets that should remain unnamed that do ENJOY sabotaging SIMs on purpose, or going AFK (either intended or not). However, in this case you can always kick them out of the team and even kick from the fleet map can't you?

I do think that only the host fleet leader should be able to start a SIM. Hopefully, Cryptic might be working on this. In the meantime do have your host leader stay by the SIM creation NPC....if this starts without you knowing but if there is a player talking to the officer you can catch him this way. Take a screenshot and send it to a GM.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    So the real beef is with others starting the SIM...not so much with trolls just sabotaging SGs?

Mos of the problems I have seen so far is sabotaging a SIM either on purpose or not. For instance people having the wrong skills to heal an SG and staying on purpose to sabotage the SIM...fleets that should remain unnamed that do ENJOY sabotaging SIMs on purpose, or going AFK (either intended or not). However, in this case you can always kick them out of the team and even kick from the fleet map can't you?

I do think that only the host fleet leader should be able to start a SIM. Hopefully, Cryptic might be working on this. In the meantime do have your host leader stay by the SIM creation NPC....if this starts without you knowing but if there is a player talking to the officer you can catch him this way. Take a screenshot and send it to a GM.​​

Yeah there is always the risk of idiots going in intentionally under-geared or doing things like going AFK to cause it to fail. Sadly that is the same for all PVE in this game.

The issue here is that some morons are starting simulations early when nobody is ready, plus they are not even the host so should not be doing so in the first place. These sims often fail as nobody is ready.
    The MAJOR issue with them being able to start the sim is that it can be done from anywhere on the map, you don't need to speak to the NPC direct to do so as you can hail them from anywhere. We've seen people hide away on the map in the mountains etc and hail the guy and click start. That sort of person is impossible to locate.

Only the host should be able to start a simulation, it's that simple.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Any updates to this issue?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif