test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Creation option request

robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
I was wondering if it would be possible to select only a career and a faction and let a randomize mechanic choose the race and appearance based on option you have available. I think it would be interesting to see what pops out and have an opportunity to name it after.

Besides, the current setup allows for biased racist and sexism tendencies to appear within the player. Obviously we wont remove that option and we can still do space barbie at the tailor to fix things in post production if needed.

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    You can roll dice for them if you want to randomly choose an option.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Besides, the current setup allows for biased racist and sexism tendencies to appear within the player.

You could have made your point without this inflammatory element. Now I'm triggered :(
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    Besides, the current setup allows for biased racist and sexism tendencies to appear within the player.

You could have made your point without this inflammatory element. Now I'm triggered :(

I'm sorry. Didn't mean to offend.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I was reading a fairly reasonable idea when all of the sudden
    robdmc wrote: »

lol what

Care to elaborate? I can't seem to parse out what you're saying here.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Are we really going back to the 'gamers are sexist' thing? Jeez...

The only change I could see needing to be made to character creation is adding the ability to change the appearance and registry of your starting ship along with the character.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    I was wondering if it would be possible to select only a career and a faction and let a randomize mechanic choose the race and appearance based on option you have available. I think it would be interesting to see what pops out and have an opportunity to name it after.

You can already do that,... it's called the randomize button.
    Besides, the current setup allows for biased racist and sexism tendencies to appear within the player. Obviously we wont remove that option and we can still do space barbie at the tailor to fix things in post production if needed.

lolwtfbbq? and you were doing so well,... Removing the option for someone to pick EXACTLY what they want from the beginning is asinine. I will not be forced to accept some SJW's idea of what I should or should not play "just because".
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • gothicsharkgothicshark Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2017

part 1: You sort of already can go to the alien option hit random until it hits a look you'll play.

part 2: /facepalm, yes some people here do stuff like that, meh, I usually only see thier ships. 'USS pwn1337' is more than enough for me. However I make all my Orion bridge officers male shirtless white and bondaged out. ;p
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    corelogik wrote: »

Can you randomize the Species?
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    corelogik wrote: »

Can you randomize the Species?

Yeah; close your eyes and shake the mouse across the screen erratically, then pick the race that's level with the cursor.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif