test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Humble Bundle - Get TOS Bridge Officers and support great charities!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We've joined this year's Humble Bundle Yogscast Jingle Jam, and you can get a TOS Bridge Officer pack AND support great charities!

Full details here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10740784-sto-joins-humble-bundle-jingle-jam-2017!

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    My bad, I created a thread about this in the General Discussion 20 minutes prior to this thread's creation.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    pay-what-you-want bundle

Oh, that sounds pretty good.
    Pay $35 or more

Ha, you almost got me. But I'm not completely heartless, so I sent $5 their way.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    Yeah.....I don't know how they're calling it a pay what you want bundle since you don't actually get anything unless you spend $35 or more. I'm all for the 100% charity aspect, but it is definitely not a pay what you want bundle.
  • tenjefftenjeff Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I spent two dollars on this, because it was advertised on arcgames.com as "pay-what-you-want bundle", and the Humble site doesn't really mention anything about a minimum payment, it says pay 5 bucks, and get these extras, pay 35 and continue to get games throughout December. From what I can see, I should be getting a bunch of games and DLC, including the STO TOS BOFF pack, but my Humble download key page has nothing listed. I assume then, that it is NOT a "pay-what-you-want bundle", and that is why my order is not showing correctly?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Unless you play alot of those other games, $35 is a bit steep for a holo-boff pack.
  • stowvenstowven Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Can anybody help clarify if the "TOS Bridge Officer" pack is usable for Romulan Republic faction who joined the federation side?
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Are we gonna get a crack at that BOFF pack on console eventually? Please? *begs*
  • chubbydevilchubbydevil Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    how does it work? to get the BOFF we donate 35 dollars or more?
  • iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    sold. will be the perfect addition to temporal toons :D
    sold. will be the perfect addition to temporal toons :D

Why can't I alter the uniforms?!?! I NEED Chekhov in the Wells uniform... also would be cool if Sulu dropped an "oh my!" every once in a while :D
    stowven wrote: »
    Can anybody help clarify if the "TOS Bridge Officer" pack is usable for Romulan Republic faction who joined the federation side?

Just checked, Un-claimable by Fed aligned Romulan... also, you can't change the uniforms apparently :/
  • tinemunetinemune Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Dissapointed, no interest in the rest of the 35 dollar options revealed at this, and can't justify that kind of spending even for charity for just the TOS bridge crew and a bunch of mystery prizes. Good cause ruined by poor planning.
  • raidenmagmusraidenmagmus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2017

You pay $35, you get the STO pack. You can pay "whatever you want", but then it's just a donation with no STO pack... so... $35 minimum. :open_mouth:
    Post edited by raidenmagmus on
    War... war never changes...
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User

You pay $5, you get the STO pack. If you want the stuff that's currently a mystery, you have to pay $35. You can pay "whatever you want", but then it's just a donation with no STO pack... so... $5 minimum. :open_mouth:

$5 just gets you a shout-out, to get any of the actual games/DLC/etc. you have to pay at least $35.
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Manny players missed this key in las vegas, thank you for giving acces to this bridge crew.
    And it's great to do with a charity.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • icbinm9090icbinm9090 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's all or nothing. If you pay $35 or more, you get the bundle, which is worth $847. New prizes are revealed each day until Christmas, and you will automatically receive the Steam key for each new prize (Humble will send you an email when you donate, with a link that allows you to see all of your keys). The STO pack is part of the bundle, so if you pay less than $35, you don't get the bundle and you can't pick and choose, so you won't get the STO pack either.
  • stowvenstowven Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    stowven wrote: »

Just checked, Un-claimable by Fed aligned Romulan... also, you can't change the uniforms apparently :/

Thanks for checking it! Mainly play a fed aligned romulan. Bummer :(
  • katyusha454katyusha454 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    $35 bucks for a pile of mostly-TRIBBLE games with only a few decent things scattered here and there? No thanks. Normally Humble Bundles are really good deals, but this one isn't worth what they're asking for as far as I'm concerned. You could probably convince me to donate $10-15 for the bridge crew by itself but I'm not wasting $35 on a bunch of Steam trash even if it is for a good cause.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Heh, almost got me there.

I was willing to chuck a fiver or so to get the TOS boffs but then I clicked on the link and realised its all or nothing. Pfft, what a rip off.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Heh, almost got me there.

I was willing to chuck a fiver or so to get the TOS boffs but then I clicked on the link and realised its all or nothing. Pfft, what a rip off.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Sooo... Where's the code to redeem the officers?
    awlaforge wrote: »
    Sooo... Where's the code to redeem the officers?

Did you pay the full 35? you have to pay the full 35 to get the officers, nothing less will count.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Pretty sure this is false advertising. Given that you don't get anything unless you pay $35 or more, it's hardly a 'pay what you like' bundle, is it?
  • hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Newbie with a different question here: How do I activate the pack, please? The instructions lined from Humble tell me to click on an icon in the client that isn't there.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    My bad, I created a thread about this in the General Discussion 20 minutes prior to this thread's creation.

For $35 you can beat up Nommo for doing this.

Ouch lol. I somewhat agree, I don't find it deceptive, unless there is intent, but it is definitely misleading imo. Although, after reading the details it clearly states about only getting all the items from donating $35. I reference this to more akin to click-bait be ambiguous with the details to get them there then let them discover it for themselves. I'm surprised too Humble Bundle is usually pretty courteous in those regards towards it's patrons.
    hippyshake wrote: »
    Newbie with a different question here: How do I activate the pack, please? The instructions lined from Humble tell me to click on an icon in the client that isn't there.

You need to use the ARC launcher and redeem the code you get sent for it.
  • hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    tinemune wrote: »
    hippyshake wrote: »

You need to use the ARC launcher and redeem the code you get sent for it.

Ah, thanks for taking the time. I assumed the launcher it used was the Arc launcher. Cheers!
  • aberantaberant Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is this for only one character or is it for all Federation toons?