test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Operation Gamma

jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
Has anyone ever actually completed this mission? If so, how? I can never even find the worker bees, let alone destroy them in time. It is so frustrating. I see the Jem Hadar ships labelled at the edge of my screen, but clicking them does not spin the view around so I can never target them. And I can never find the worker bees to begin with. We should be able to auto-target them, not scramble around in the dark. Can anyone help?

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    They are under the docking ring on DS9 by the 3 lower pylons.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Make sure you have a TAC BOff with Beam Fire At Will, it will help in destroying them and it also helps to use a strong torpedo like Quantum or Transphasic.
    Also, try to ignore the Jem-fighters till you have all the worker-bees destroyed in each wave.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Make sure you have a TAC BOff with Beam Fire At Will, it will help in destroying them and it also helps to use a strong torpedo like Quantum or Transphasic.
    Also, try to ignore the Jem-fighters till you have all the worker-bees destroyed in each wave.
    B)
    daveyny wrote: »
    B)
    Still doesn't help my targeting pproblem.

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    The only way I've ever succeeded is by teaming up with a Fleet mate or two. It can apparently be done on solo, but I find all shuttle stuff far too frustrating to even attempt it.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You can tab target them. But you have to cycle past the Jem'Hadar I think.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Doable but frustrating and unfulfilling so skipped with all my alts
    For me, I always remember that the bees spawn every second time I hit a cluster, I stop my shuttle and face the center to make it easier to hit them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Huh? The mission is too hard? Seriously? I blow thru that mission... Piece of cake...

I load up with two beam turrets, (like APs for example), flying in circles at full speed, targeting the bees as I do and the paired beam turrets take out the bees fairly quick then the guard ships go next. Next round, rise. repeat. Plus I drop a turret platform in the latter part of the mission to "distract the guards" while I kill the last round of bees. Easy.

hip63 :P
    Well, last I heard... the part where you have to escape the asteroid doesn't actually require you to kill anything. You can just run for it.... out the back. Hehe.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • cyberxdevilcyberxdevil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can anyone tell me how to delete items out of inventory? I would start a new thread. But I can't post because I'm new.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Can anyone tell me how to delete items out of inventory? I would start a new thread. But I can't post because I'm new.

Two ways right click on item click discard, better way open inventory at bottom is replicator buttom click it click on tab labeled recycle, select items click recycle button, you get ec this way for most stuff where as discarding you dont.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Also, to deal with worker bees, I really suggest going with a turret and, if you can, the rapid-fire missiles from the Lobi store