test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Universe Phaser Dual pistols worst event reward ever.

antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
The new Mirror Universe Phaser Dual pistols are the worst event reward ever. They have absolutely NO redeeming qualities to make anyone want them. No Agony proc like the old Agony Field rifle. Actually no special proc of any kind. Nothing that makes them unique. And to add insult to injury. They're green? Even the guy over at STOunrefined says they're worthless. And he's the nicest reviewer ever. Who ever made this design decision should be fired.

Comments

• lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    Wow really? That sucks... Cant sy that im surprised though... Cryptic is getting rather known for low quality...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    Has anyone tried to upgrade them?
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    They're green? Good thing I'm doing this for the dili, and even then...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    azrael605 wrote: »
    They are not green quality, I already have them and they are purple (VR), better than previous Event Reward items such as the Chocrane Shotgun which came at blue (R) quality. Stop spreading bovine fecal matter.
    Huh, yep. Not Green, watch the video:
    https://youtu.be/47uaCbx9WrE?t=272

He does pretty much call 'em useless...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    First off OP FREE IS FREE GET IT? Just the Dilth is worth the minor time investment the misson needs. Eh Don't like them then recycle them for EC end of problem. OP is just one more whiner who feels entitled.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Worst ever?! I guess being BoA is one of the special buffs of this gun? :D
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    well guess I can stop my 40 toon marathon then

They made the Dual Pistols reward an account unlock.
    You only need to finish on one character and the Pistols unlocks for the rest on that account.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The new Mirror Universe Phaser Dual pistols are the worst event reward ever. They have absolutely NO redeeming qualities to make anyone want them. No Agony proc like the old Agony Field rifle. Actually no special proc of any kind. Nothing that makes them unique. And to add insult to injury. They're green? Even the guy over at STOunrefined says they're worthless. And he's the nicest reviewer ever. Who ever made this design decision should be fired.

They have the 50% chance of -RunSpeed as their proc. Honestly, they're fine if you like phasers and dual pistols. The only ground weapon that's been interesting from one of these things is the Cochrane Shotgun due to the shield penetration, not the other stats. If you use a Herald Staff, Boolean Cannon or TR-116B, these won't get you to put those away, but none of the other mission or event reward weapons would, either.

I'm just not getting the complaint about these as opposed to every other event weapon.

Edit: For clarification, it is just the normal proc for phaser weapons, which I had honestly forgotten about. It's been a long time since I used a phaser weapon.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Yeah i got to agree the other rewards for going the stf event, dil/marks/ect is more than worth it, even with what kinda feels like a generic phaser weapon in dual pistol type. It would have been interesting if it had some kind of special proc, like the agony proc, or even using a variation of the trilithium space phaser type (either a chance to increase firing speed, or radiation damage) modified for ground, but not going to lose any sleep over it. Also i think the model is kinda rare, or unique as I don't see it used that much.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

They have the 50% chance of -RunSpeed as their proc.
    [...]
    Edit: For clarification, it is just the normal proc for phaser weapons, which I had honestly forgotten about. It's been a long time since I used a phaser weapon.
    Uh, no, that's a guaranteed -50% runspeed for 6 sec according to the description.

Also, one of my big issues about the weapon is the lack of a description.
    Since the model of these weapons was last seen in the hands of Mirror!Vic Fontaine, it could have been a good opportunity for some lampshading like: "During a Mirror Universe invasion, these weapons were salvaged from the wreck of a mirror ship. Attempts to learn more about their owner failed, and forensics couldn't even find out if the owner was flesh and blood, a android or an hologram. More research may continue or you could spend resources on more important matters."
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I have mine at Mk XIV UR and thus far they are pretty decent I think. Mine say they do around 240DPS which is pretty high (actually the same as what my Herald AP lobi staff does) and good enough for nearly all content. They are more than acceptable compared to any other upgraded weaponry these days, I doubt 90% of the players would notice a difference between using these and any other gun type.
    Plus the model is unique and fits my toon’s looks really well.
    I have no issue with them.
    SulMatuul.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No, the agony rifle with it's "make enemy immune to attack" secondary fire is the worst event reward ever. At least the pistols don't actually stop you from killing your target.
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I meant green as in the green "phaser" color that fires from the weapon.