test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question for PC captains about post season 14 Fleet level cap

Being a console player, our Fleet level-cap right now is 65. Does anyone know for sure what the max level cap is after the colony holding is added? Looking at the holding, and doing the math, it looks like it should be 85. But, I can't find anything that says for sure.

Comments

• Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    What does fleet level do?

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    As a fleet leader I have yet to find any real "use" for fleet level other than bragging rights.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    I recently joined my little fleet to a armada in a gamma slot. The alpha fleet is left 55 or something, all the rest were down in the 18-19 range when we started. I'm been cracking the whip on my fleet mates to get them to finish up about half a dozen upgrades we've had in queue so we can pass everyone and be the second highest level fleet in the armada.

Woo-frakkin'-hoo! That's about all a fleet level is good for.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Fleet level affects the dilithium discount and xp boost in armadas. The higher overall level from the combined fleet levels, the greater the discount and boost.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    An Armada with a combine fleet level of 700 has max Discounts
    https://i.imgur.com/9rAPfs7.png
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Being a console player, our Fleet level-cap right now is 65. Does anyone know for sure what the max level cap is after the colony holding is added? Looking at the holding, and doing the math, it looks like it should be 85. But, I can't find anything that says for sure.

With all the older stuff maxed and Tier 1 in the main Colony tract and all three subcategories also T1 the fleet I'm in is level 69 currently, so I think your estimate is probably right. The last estimate I heard was that it'd take more than 200 days at bare minimum (based off of Tribble Test Server numbers) to finish, so it'll be a good long time before any Fleet will hit the new max.
    Post edited by tom61sto on
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Fleet level affects the dilithium discount and xp boost in armadas. The higher overall level from the combined fleet levels, the greater the discount and boost.

Yeah exactly, its advantageous to be in an armada with max leveled fleets.

But the bonuses do top out at Armada level 700 as @robdmc noted.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Every holding tier and sub-department tier gives 1 level, so 5-tier holdings are 20 levels (5x4) and 3-tier holdings are 9 levels (3x3).

With 2 5-tier and 5 3-tier holdings, the maxium is 85.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Every holding tier and sub-department tier gives 1 level, so 5-tier holdings are 20 levels (5x4) and 3-tier holdings are 9 levels (3x3).

With 2 5-tier and 5 3-tier holdings, the maxium is 85.

and will increase every time they introduce a new holding. Next one perhaps might be a Dominion like or Cardassian for next expansion next summer.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2017
    For people in smaller fleet's who have the fleet credit to buy items, you'll require an invitation to a larger fleet map holding within your armada to purchase the items, provided your fleet has the available required provisions available.

The only other available option is to join a slightly larger fleet - provided you haven't gotten to know and like all your existing fleet mates.
    0zxlclk.png