test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you think? The Colony Fleet Holding

Comments

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Since I do think that one of markhawkman's question wasn't so much about the (lack of) flexibility in building your colony world, but also the overall costs - it is difficult to decide of course, since things differ, but if you minimized doff use the fleet starbase could theoretically have cost as much as 117 million dil. But yeah, you didn't have to go that route.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    The problem is more people will donate doffs, fleet marks, commodities and so forth than will donate dilithium. So the minority in a fleet who contribute becomes an uber-minority who can or will contribute dil and you're bottlenecking even worse than ever. Of course if Cryptic's goal is to turn fleet upgrades into pay2upgrade, then the approach may make sense. In the Fed fleet I belong to 21 toons have contribute so far, with 2 toons doing about half the work, and another 7 toons doing the other half - which may not be too awful compared to other fleets. On the KDF side things are worse - 1 toon has contributed about half the necessary materials to date, and 2 of my toons have contributed another third or so. Since I don't contribute dilithium that suggests one player may be supplying all the dilithium required!!!
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    It’s funny in the regard that I am seeing the opposite in the 2 fleets I run. My Fed fleet hardly sees any movement (project-wise) since nobody but me will donate dilithium. Sure, there are a few members I have that still play that will donate the expertise, fleet marks, and ec sometimes. I have to provide all provisions, most of the doffs, and dilithium or the projects don’t get done. My monthly stipened, plus whatever dil I get from playing on my Fed toons goes into the fleet to keep projects going. This fleet is only halfway to unlocking tier 1 of the colony holdings.

My KDF fleet, on the other hand, has skyrocketed with activity. Even though it is 2 years younger than the Fed fleet, it has far surpassed it in fleet level and shows no sign of slowing down. The Colony Invasions that we are able to host KDF side is now essentially free advertising since there are few KDF fleets that are able to host them yet.

The KDF fleet members are donating just about everything to keep the few projects we have left at the starbase going... all we have left are the Sci and Eng projects and the SB will finally be finished. The colony holding is moving along at a great pace. We are about to unlock the T2 Eng upgrade and just finished with the T2 Sci. Obviously, most of my effort is directed at the KDF fleet since I want to keep the gravy train running as far as it can. The KDF fleet has a solid core of dedicated people who are willing to help build up the fleet and maintain the current levels of activity that we enjoy.

As much as I hate the dilithium costs involved in this new holding, it is keeping myself and the fleet members busy, on the KDF side. This is awesome to see, considering its small population when compared to the Feds.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • userplayer1941userplayer1941 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I find it hilarious that the drink mixing minigame has me collecting Omega particles.

What ARE they drinking down there, anyways? I want some of that.

I'd also like sittable loungers. I want to chill out with some of those drinks.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. Is the provisions generation automatic to the coffer or do I have to go and click something. The Provisions in our coffer hasn't changed in a couple days.

https://i.imgur.com/Iar7VOz.png
  • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    ***MINI Games***

I've disliked them since they were introduced. However, I do understand why they are there.. With the Colony mini-games, I have 2 issues:

(1) Battery Collection.. Seems like that one is a mandatory 2 play game.. Best I can get on round one is 875 (since it was introduced in LoR), and the 250 threshold is what.. 1100 + points.. I really don't think that's possible in the time alloted for one run..

(2) Luxury... (Okay, so what luxury items come from coral ??) IMHO, this game has been bad since introduced with the Winter Omega grind.. We get 50 seconds to reach a max threshold of 2700 points, for the supposed good reward. However, if you watch the timer, you loose 5 seconds before the first particle reaches the capture point. It's been that way forever..

IMHO, the timer needs to be changed by 5 seconds minimum to account for the actual game mechanics; or even moved up to 60 sec like the other two games.

I tend to agree with others as well; remove the hard cap and actually reward the player for what they earned..

tyvm..
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    +1 to all the people raising concerns about the dilithium. Dil requirements for this holding are way beyond insane. We gonna stop building it at T2 or T3. Bring back the doffs requirements for XP projects.. doffs were cheap in comparison.. and theres nothing else to spend all those millions of excess fleet credits on anyway.

About the minigame stuff.. i consider it less of an issue cause the auto generator feature more or less takes care of it after a while, its anyway kinda annoying & to much mini gaming especially in small fleets on the upgrade projects.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Running all those mini-games multiple times a day have sent me back to playing LOTRO for a while.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Lol I went back to Champions... at least until they fix the Colony Invasion. I do play LOTRO as well, but don’t have as much interest in it as the years have gone by.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    Besides being able to use the floater jetpacks on the colony, I also think the clothing options from the summer event such as swimwear and all should also be made available on the colony. After all, the colony is kinda set up like a beach resort, a sorta mini Risa so why shouldn't we be able to wear the cloths and use the devices that we can on Risa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    vermatrix wrote: »
    Besides being able to use the floater jetpacks on the colony, I also think the clothing options from the summer event such as swimwear and all should also be made available on the colony.

/glances at the game screen

You can wear swimwear on the Colony. Unless you're trying to say they should sell it there, too.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Besides being able to use the floater jetpacks on the colony, I also think the clothing options from the summer event such as swimwear and all should also be made available on the colony.

You can wear swimwear on the Colony. Unless you're trying to say they should sell it there, too.

Checking the wiki there's a 'Designate Beach Space' project after the colony proper hits tier two that unlocks beach apparel.
    fftt wrote: »

Checking the wiki there's a 'Designate Beach Space' project after the colony proper hits tier two that unlocks beach apparel.

I wonder if that's one of the things that changed since the PTS, because I haven't seen that project pop up, and we had access to swimwear from the first day of the holding. /shrug
    Good news from tomorrow's Patch. You can use Powerboards (and Jetpacks, though not relevant here) directly from Inventory.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Good news from tomorrow's Patch. You can use Powerboards (and Jetpacks, though not relevant here) directly from Inventory.
    Awesome.

Now we just need party poppers.

Better news from tomorrow's Patch, they're adjusting the score/provision settings on the radiation scan minigame. :)
    Yeah, though 900 on that will probably still require two passes anyway. What really needs adjustment (from my perspective, as others have no problem getting 2100 scores) is the Omega mini-game. It takes me four to five runs to get the 250.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Seems half @ss programming, as the world looks bland and the colorization looks rushed. Compared to the FE where that one planet had amazing waterfall effects, this looks like kinder garden virtual artwork.

The rewards are not worthwhile even for a large fleet, and it has become more of a resource sink and time sink than ever. I fear for the future of STO and where it is heading. They are running out of ideas and innovation. Heck; even the latest ship bundle look terrible, the models are becoming even more ridiculous.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Adjusting the radiation minigame? Why? 2x460 matches and you're done. Now if it were the Omega particle\luxury item minigame. That one sucks beyond belief. I've played it a few times in the past but simply avoid it like the plague these days. It's impossible to score well on it. Yes some people can get perfect scores, but most of us don't live in Boston - or wherever the server tribbles are held, with bleeding edge systems.

Better news from tomorrow's Patch, they're adjusting the score/provision settings on the radiation scan minigame. :)

Adjusting the radiation minigame? Why? 2x460 matches and you're done. Now if it were the Omega particle\luxury item minigame. That one sucks beyond belief. I've played it a few times in the past but simply avoid it like the plague these days. It's impossible to score well on it. Yes some people can get perfect scores, but most of us don't live in Boston - or wherever the server tribbles are held, with bleeding edge systems.

Wish I did know what causes the problems with the Omega minigame, cause I feel bad for the people who suffer from them; but the solution isn't "have an awesome system". My desktop cost me ~$900 six+ years ago. Non-overclocked i5-2400, no SSD. Dunno. :|
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    How about a Dabo Table for Colony World?? Whadaya say? Devs? :smiley:
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
    Dabo Table would probably end up being a 200,000 Dilitium Vanity Upgrade knowing this crew.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • evan1980#5994 evan1980 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think this whole season has been buggy.
  • horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    The map is beautiful, a shame we can't wear swimwear at the beach.

But the minigames... oh my...
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    robdmc wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. Is the provisions generation automatic to the coffer or do I have to go and click something. The Provisions in our coffer hasn't changed in a couple days.

https://i.imgur.com/Iar7VOz.png

The Coffer screen will not update unless you interact with it....like by adding more provisions from your inventory or by removing from the coffer to add to a project. Unless that happens...it will not refresh from the last time you called up the screen.

So, I send a character to do one of the mini games....then add the 250 provisions to the Coffer so I can see the amount that is actually IN there.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    You can wear swimwear on Dranuur, have since the start.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You can wear swimwear on Dranuur, have since the start.
    I can? Haven't tried it and assumed you can't... thanks for the information!
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I love the new Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding, the beautiful artwork, and even the environmental awareness efforts. One quick question though. Why don't we receive fleet credit boosts when donating provisions to the Dranuur Coffers, but do when we donate them directly to the individually slotted projects? Thanks. LLAP
    You do now after last week's patch.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns