test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitement Global Event Rerun, so all who missed the event get a chance to complete it?

Many new players never got the chance to do the Delta Recruitement global event. To remind what is about see: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Delta_Recruitment

Wouldn't it be nice if such events gets a rerun once in a while? Such events boost STO, gives players something to do. especially new players who have not yet had the oppurtunity to do the event. More players online is good for Cryptic but also for the player community.

What do you guys and gurls think, essepcially the ones who have not had the oppurtunity to play Delta recruitement?

Er even better have additionaly another new global event so also the players who already have done the previous ones get a new incentive. And reopen the previous ones like Delta Rising and the Temporal Agent Recruitment Global event at the same time.

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    According to the Season 14 trailer, it looks like we are getting a Dominion Expansion in Summer 2018. If they introduce a Dominion or Cardassian faction for that Expansion, then we will likely get a new recruitment event. Of course, the recruitment will be limited to that faction and not for existing factions.

For the Delta Recruitment, consoles have only done the Temporal Recruitment so it is likely that if consoles do the Delta Recruitment, then PC will do it as well.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I could see it run for a short time after a new recruitment event. Say that two months after the current recruit event happens a rerun recruit event happens as well, which could alternate between the different older recruit events even (temporal, delta right now). Though since we have more missions now, doing a update to include some of these in the rerun would add an incentive for existing players too, while also allowing the devs to use it for hooks into new content via lore that could be placed in the rerun event missions.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    totenmet wrote: »
    Many new players never got the chance to do the Delta Recruitement global event.
    This is not true. Everyone had a chance to do the event. Some simply chose not to.

These events will not be re-run. New events will be run which will use power creep to nullify the old event rewards.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Generally, I'm for letting things be available after the fact if you missed an event. (Like my AoY dude can't get the Obelisk Carrier for free from that mission anymore! :# And I ain't buying the ship just to get a Ship card.)

But the whole Delta/AoY recruit thing, is pretty much tailored to be a thing when that season starts. Now if they wanted to put it into the Delta Pack of ships or sell it solo on the C-store, I could see that. Some of the AoY rewards are pretty sweet, and people would probably shell out a few Zen to make a AoY toon to get them.

(Yeah, I know. I just railed against having to buy a limited time ship, and then suggest selling some other limited time thing. But the ship isn't even 'top tier' anymore! Or at least put the Ship Card in the mission rewards in place of the ship.) :D
    Delta recruit didnt have any really good reward did it? Temporal agent is the one people should regret missing out on.

Yeah, the fact that you get account wide: "All future reputation equipment projects granted as MK XIII Ultra-Rare" instead of Mk12 Very Rare gear could be worth a lot of upgrade heartache and Dil depending on how many toons you got!
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Many new players never got the chance to do the Delta Recruitement global event.
    This is not true. Everyone had a chance to do the event. Some simply chose not to.

These events will not be re-run. New events will be run which will use power creep to nullify the old event rewards.

I think he's referring to new players who started STO after the Delta Recruit or Temporal Agent events and so wouldn't have been able to chose 'not to' or to take part.
    Delta recruit didnt have any really good reward did it? Temporal agent is the one people should regret missing out on.

Holographic Engineering Officer was the big thing from the Delta Recruit event, I think.
    Generally, I'm for letting things be available after the fact if you missed an event. (Like my AoY dude can't get the Obelisk Carrier for free from that mission anymore! :# And I ain't buying the ship just to get a Ship card.)

Or at least make them Account Reclaims or whatever so those who got the Obelisk, Kamarag Retrofit, etc. on a character when they were available could also claim them on newer characters.
    (Yeah, I know. I just railed against having to buy a limited time ship, and then suggest selling some other limited time thing. But the ship isn't even 'top tier' anymore! Or at least put the Ship Card in the mission rewards in place of the ship.) :D

Kind of like how the Pastak's Admiralty Card is available from "Time And Tide"? Not a bad idea; they could even make "Obelisk One" an epic card instead of a common/uncommon generic 'Obelisk Carrier' card, specifically make it the ship from the mission itself...

Thinking about it, I'd be happy if they'd just add a 'Claim Admiralty' option to event ships, myself; that way after I've already claimed the ship on a character, the other characters can just claim the Admiralty card if I want...

Yeah, the fact that you get account wide: "All future reputation equipment projects granted as MK XIII Ultra-Rare" instead of Mk12 Very Rare gear could be worth a lot of upgrade heartache and Dil depending on how many toons you got!

That, 20% boost for Admiralty, a Gold-quality DOFF (only the second one in the game), they did make the rewards for Temporal Agents good, didn't they?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I really couldn't be bothered to unlock everything on my temporal agent so those special traits and epic doff will remain locked.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I ran my Delta whenever that was going, as well as AoY. Having said that, I'd love to see similar events of it's type in the future.

And, if memory serves, Delta recruits unlocked the Temporal Negotiator for ships and Paradox Corrector for your toons, as well as the holo engineer boff. And I see the temporal rewards have been touched on - and yes, they are sweet, such as the option for reputation gear being Mk13 "super purple", the special doff, as well as the agents getting very sweet mark packages.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    It would be nice if they allowed you to make only one of your existing toons a Delta Recruit as an alternative to making a completely new toon, but it's not realistic since you would be able to unlock everything straight away depending on if you have already done everything on a toon you might choose.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I believe the Devs said it was difficult to do a rerun and it wasn't something they could simply switch on, like with other events. They supposedly had a similar problem with the old feature episode rewards (Devidian Cane, Breen BOff etc). Same is probably true for the Temporal Agent.

Still I'd be all for it, it'd really help new players.

845 marks of your choice across all characters (if have 5 rep-sponsored characters, that'd equate to atleast 194000 dilithium with no effort, with another 37500 dilithium if you decided to turn all the rep-completion-reward marks into dilithium).

10000 dilithium off the next reputation purchase for all characters on your account.

A very good ground engineer BOff.

Starship trait: Improved Temporal Insight for all characters (4 second immunity when using a heal, great for alts with poor equipment).

Large R&D bonus pool.

Paradox Corrector - Ground device that can self-revive you.

Temporal Negotiator - Space device that can cut your cooldowns in half, great for a non A2B build or after being subnuked.

Lots of crafting materials, including very rare components.

650 fleet marks for all characters (if you only did a one faction delta recruit)

6000 dilithium for all characters (if you only did a one faction delta recruit)

5000 fleet only dilithium for all characters.

They weren't as good as Temporal Agent (and yes, I love getting Mk XIII ultra-rare rep equipment right for the get go), but they were still worth leveling a new alt. Maybe not so much if you only had one character, but even then it would be an advantage for you. A few months back I only just completed my Klingon Delta recruit alt I started way back at the beginning of the Delta Recruit Event, so there's no real rush.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    orondis wrote: »
    I believe the Devs said it was difficult to do a rerun and it wasn't something they could simply switch on, like with other events. They supposedly had a similar problem with the old feature episode rewards (Devidian Cane, Breen BOff etc). Same is probably true for the Temporal Agent.

Difficult does not mean impossible.

Also I dont think it is impossible. Because it was also said that players who had started the delta recruitement event (during the event but did not completed it back then) were enabled to finish it later like during the tempral agent global event.

And if it were for the rewards, why not create something to be able to earn those. E.g. for all other events people missed out on, they can get those items via the Phoenix box.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I still haven't levelled out two delta recruits, they did just enough to get passed level 10 and i left them there since. the third recruit is fully levelled up.

I'm wondering from Delta recruit up to season 14 if those Iconian doodads are still there between all the changes? with the Romulan Arc being ripped out and updated missions put in place since then the same with the Cardassian arc, it's possible those Iconian items may have been forgotten about and not put in.

Anyway, i'm not sure Cryptic could do another DR event even though these types of threads come up so often over the years. I would like to think it can happen again but there is also a similar chance of it never coming back.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I would love for them to rerun it, missed it on account of living in a motel without access to sto. if they can't or just don't want to they should at least add the two devices and boff to the phoenix box.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    I would love for them to rerun it, missed it on account of living in a motel without access to sto. if they can't or just don't want to they should at least add the two devices and boff to the phoenix box.

In case no event reruns possible (which I doubt), yes why not. Just add rewards to phoenix box like they did with other rewards too.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User

In case no event reruns possible (which I doubt), yes why not. Just add rewards to phoenix box like they did with other rewards too.
    Biggest problem I can see with that idea - and it's a sad commentary... - is the number of people that would start complaining about how they'd worked hard, they'd leveled their character, completed missions, etc. and now people can just buy the stuff they'd had to work for.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...

Biggest problem I can see with that idea - and it's a sad commentary... - is the number of people that would start complaining about how they'd worked hard, they'd leveled their character, completed missions, etc. and now people can just buy the stuff they'd had to work for.

Well, if they stick it on the top tier of the Phoenix box, then yeah, they will be working for it. That drop rate is abysmal.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    One option that would work is to expand the reward sets to be more inline with the temporal event. Delta was story arcs mainly. If they expand it and let our existing delta recruits get a chance to continue that where we left off with them it might work. And we wouldn't have to rerun the old stuff. Only new objectives
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I'd love this, or just a new recruitment event that doesn't require me to only get 4 races to choose from instead of...you know... All of them.

And honestly, it could stand to be a bit easier to get the rewards. The only reasons I haven't even completed the story on my Temporal Agent are that it was such a boring character to me, and it was such a monumental task to work absolutely everything in the game from the ground up. That's several months of non-stop grinding for a character I'm not even all that interested in.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Whatever gets me more powerful gear/traits, as I did in fact miss the event.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Currently, 54 is the maximum number of character slots available to be had. Unless Cryptic ups that number, some players may be unwilling to delete a character to take part in future recruitment events. I'd support a C-Store option to allow turning a current, established character into a "Recruit" to take part in recruitment events. Said option might take the form of a token that, when applied to a character, would open up for that character the option to take part in and earn rewards for that recruitment event.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I don't know if they'll rerun the old recruit events, but they really should. They can't keep creating new recruit events forever, since the account rewards stack.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I still haven't levelled out two delta recruits, they did just enough to get passed level 10 and i left them there since. the third recruit is fully levelled up.

I'm wondering from Delta recruit up to season 14 if those Iconian doodads are still there between all the changes? with the Romulan Arc being ripped out and updated missions put in place since then the same with the Cardassian arc, it's possible those Iconian items may have been forgotten about and not put in.

Anyway, i'm not sure Cryptic could do another DR event even though these types of threads come up so often over the years. I would like to think it can happen again but there is also a similar chance of it never coming back.
    The only thing that changed after the Delta Recruit event was the Cardassian story revamp, and both of those got moved to the new missions.

Cool. thanks.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Since they were kind enough to introduce Temporal Mechanics for Star Trek. The this can become a simple idea. Put tokens in the C-Store.

Temporal Anomaly: Allows for one character per account to be an Agents of Yesterday Recruit.

Delta Recruitment: Federation
    Delta recruitment: Klingon Empire
    Delta Recruitment: Romulan Republic

I'd say 2,000 zen or so for each. All these do is allow for players to do the recruitment once. Like I missed the obelisk, not that I care for that ship. They'd have to give it away again before I got it. But, I think I accidentally deleted my level 1 romulan delta recruit. It would be helpful for me to be able to do the romulan side of it.

The thing here is, if you have all the rewards from these, then you can't buy these token. For instance, I'm missing the Romulan part of Delta Recruit, so that's the only one I could buy. This way, all my characters can just claim what I've unlocked.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.