test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Un-official Gamma Quadrant Speculation thread

2»

Comments

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    - A Cardassian faction with a reworked Cardassian Arc.

- Gamma Quadrant expansion.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    - A Cardassian faction with a reworked Cardassian Arc.
    They already reworked the Cardassian arc, they aren't going to do it again. The only ones left that Cryptic said they might fix up or rework are some of the early Klingon missions like the Warzone and Fek'Ihri arcs, and some minor touchups on the Breen arc

The Cardassian arc itself is recent but the 2800 arc is fairly old and it could do with an upgrade.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    The Cardassian arc itself is recent but the 2800 arc is fairly old and it could do with an upgrade.
    IIRC, they have said repeatedly in the past that they wont redo the featured series missions, like Specters, Cloaked Intentions, 2800, because they considered them good enough already. The Breen arc work was stated to be just some minor touchups because it was the first one, and a little bit poorer in quality compared to the others.

Thanks Somtaaw, Interesting to know. :tongue:
    Thanks Somtaaw, Interesting to know. :tongue:
    But you know, this IS Cryptic we are talking about here. They do a lot of odd stuff.

I wouldn't put it past them to do something different, if they can do a t6 miranda, a t6 connie despite the name temporal light cruiser, it would stand to reason that they could do a 2800 update anyway. We will see by anniversary date heading towards summer 2018.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well, the STO lore for the Wadi has them as a race more willing to work with the KDF than the Feds for some reason. They were added along with the Dominion FE series.

*hunts down the doff missions*

Wadi Officer Exchange Program: "The High Command has ordered the implementation of officer exchange programs to assist integration of Imperial Protectorates."

Hunh... so this would seem to suggest that they're more closely allied with KDF than the Dominion in STO.
    Without knowing what the reasons for that protectorate is? The thing is what caused the Dominion war in the first place was incursions into the Gamma quadrant from those in the Alpha and Beta quadrants and it provoked the Dominion.

It could be possible a few thousand Wadi Refugees left their homeworld and settled in the Alpha or Beta Quadrants and the Klingons made them a protectorate, but again without knowing why. It's just shooting the dark hoping to hit an answer at this point.
    No, this seems to be the Wadi as a whole, since one of the other Wadi related missions is about helping the Wadi find new colony worlds... in the Gamma Q.
    I've gone and looked it up on sto wiki and i'm either looking in the wrong location or it's not there, do you have more proof? sorry, i'm almost convinced you're right but a little more would be nice.
    I could screenshot the in-game mission descriptions. :p The wiki doesn't necessarily have all the flavor text of things.

wadi_lore_composite_by_marhawkman-dbs3wgm.png
    IIRC, they have said repeatedly in the past that they wont redo the featured series missions, like Specters, Cloaked Intentions, 2800, because they considered them good enough already. The Breen arc work was stated to be just some minor touchups because it was the first one, and a little bit poorer in quality compared to the others.
    Hehe, I have Mk4 versions of some of the Breen gear :p Yeah, not much has changed since then.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Well, the STO lore for the Wadi has them as a race more willing to work with the KDF than the Feds for some reason. They were added along with the Dominion FE series.

*hunts down the doff missions*

Wadi Officer Exchange Program: "The High Command has ordered the implementation of officer exchange programs to assist integration of Imperial Protectorates."

Hunh... so this would seem to suggest that they're more closely allied with KDF than the Dominion in STO.
    Without knowing what the reasons for that protectorate is? The thing is what caused the Dominion war in the first place was incursions into the Gamma quadrant from those in the Alpha and Beta quadrants and it provoked the Dominion.

It could be possible a few thousand Wadi Refugees left their homeworld and settled in the Alpha or Beta Quadrants and the Klingons made them a protectorate, but again without knowing why. It's just shooting the dark hoping to hit an answer at this point.
    No, this seems to be the Wadi as a whole, since one of the other Wadi related missions is about helping the Wadi find new colony worlds... in the Gamma Q.
    I've gone and looked it up on sto wiki and i'm either looking in the wrong location or it's not there, do you have more proof? sorry, i'm almost convinced you're right but a little more would be nice.
    I could screenshot the in-game mission descriptions. :p The wiki doesn't necessarily have all the flavor text of things.

wadi_lore_composite_by_marhawkman-dbs3wgm.png

Thank you for setting that one straight. nice reply. :smile:

I'm wondering why the Wadi are not officially in the Klingon Empire, playable and with ships of their own or why the Dominion haven't wiped them out yet. It seems rather ominous. Could the Wadi be a key player for the alliance in future dealing with the Dominion? It would be nice to have a foothold between the wormhole and the Dominion and the Wadi homeworld could be an interesting social setting going forward for all players in the Alliance from which to strike out into the Gamma Quadrant.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well, it'd also be problematic since several of those races simply don't live in alpha or beta.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I'm wondering why the Wadi are not officially in the Klingon Empire, playable and with ships of their own or why the Dominion haven't wiped them out yet. It seems rather ominous. Could the Wadi be a key player for the alliance in future dealing with the Dominion? It would be nice to have a foothold between the wormhole and the Dominion and the Wadi homeworld could be an interesting social setting going forward for all players in the Alliance from which to strike out into the Gamma Quadrant.
    As mentioned before, the Wadi are not the only Gamma Quadrant race doing this in Star Trek Online. The Tosk, Hunters, Dosi, Paradans, and Karemma have the same sort of alliances going on with the Klingon Empire or Federation.

The Dominion haven't wiped them out because the Dominion doesn't care, so long as we stay out of their territory, and I doubt they want to start another war.

ahh, are those also mentioned in doffing missions to each side? i haven't done any doffing in years but considering the wadi..

The Dominion took a few years to respond to to what they thought was a breach of their territory because it was interference. It's possible the Dominion are about to respond, but i'm not going to dismiss your point either, there could be truth in that as well.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Well even though the gamma quad races don't live in the alpha or beta quad, the introduction missions could be used to explain this away. If they instead of using the Dominion used the other gamma quad races for a new faction, than the fact we have had these exchange programs in the game with them could be used to explain the fact how they are getting into the alpha/beta quad. Such as why we would see these non-native races in the alpha/beta quad so early, is from the fact of those that were brought over thru such a exchange program, and might have thru some fact gotten promoted up to captain of the ship.

Now where the Cardassians an even the alpha (or gamma to a very minor case) Jem'hadar are concerned they could do a recruit event, in which you can make characters of these races in the main factions alongside gamma-quad mission. Though you could also do it that the top reward for doing a gamma-quad recruit event is giving access to certain gamma-quad races depending on faction.
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Any more news on the next expansion? Or will it be quiet until next year?
  • nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I was looking at the calendar in game. I clicked under December and there's a picture of DS9 and the date is December 1999. The date the show ended I believe. Could be something coming soon. Maybe DS9 revamp?
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    i think it's going to be a full map expansion, well kind of delta-quadrant size anyway. As to why we go there.. I don't think it will be a Dominion invasion of DS9, cos that's been done already *static*KURLAND HERE!*static*. We probably have to do into Gamma for... reasons. Also, while we're there, we can "discover" New Khitomer. Although that would mean more Daniels probably.

New factions? Nope. But deffo a new Fleet Holding to grind, and deffo a new Rep tree. and at least 3 different lockboxes. maybe a bunch of Jem hadar/founder makeup pieces for the tailor.
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!