test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I seeing this right? (Patch)

1.6 GB patch? That's what the launcher is doing right now.....

Comments

• lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Are you looking at the “patched” number or “received”?
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

No, you did not see it right. The patch was actually a little over 3GB in size.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    honestly with the amount that's being changed + any undocumented changes 1.6 GB doesn't sound that odd.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Mine was a little over 1.6 GB. So, erm ?????
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    anyone else get slow patching or is it just me?
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    The new Discovery Klingon faction has partly been finished and is loading now.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Oh I'm back btw. Hello everyone.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    carter60 wrote: »
    anyone else get slow patching or is it just me?

Slow patching from western part of Sweden (through Level3 node in Stockholm). Transfer is spamming error messages:
    HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Time-out

---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    hopefully it clears up soon. i wanna play =)
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »

Mine was a little over 1.6 GB. So, erm ?????

You presumably have on-demand patching turned on. With it off, the patch was over 3 GB on disk. I didn't stick around to see how much was actually downloaded.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User

How could that add to file size when they took so much away from them? :D
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2017
    I've seen a lot of large patch sizes the last few months 3gb today, 6gb a month or so ago just after new season, then like 4gb just a week or two before the new season started. Honestly that seems quite large and very little patch notes to often account for the changes or additions.

I know we had 2 new Queue's at the start of the new season and Ferengi Admiralty but that's almost 10gb just in the last 2 months it seems... I admit that I like bug fixes or patches that improve the quality of the game - we just rarely find out what's being added or fixed given the patches are so large.
    0zxlclk.png
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I know we had 2 new Queue's at the start of the new season and Ferengi Admiralty but that's almost 10gb just in the last 2 months it seems...
    90% chance they are slipping in prep code for the next expansion.

I've seen people reference a "transwarp to the Gamma Quadrant" power being added into the games files.

If it was a new code, the version of the STO client would have jumped up a major version. It happened when they released season 14 on tribble, alot of coding changes gave us a "new" client version.

So, no corresponding jump this time, and i heavily doubt it is new code for the new expansion. Pre-prepping is all good, but putting new code in roughly 7 - 8 months before the new expansions releases, yeah, that is a bit silly :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    I know we had 2 new Queue's at the start of the new season and Ferengi Admiralty but that's almost 10gb just in the last 2 months it seems...

I've seen people reference a "transwarp to the Gamma Quadrant" power being added into the games files.

So, no corresponding jump this time, and i heavily doubt it is new code for the new expansion. Pre-prepping is all good, but putting new code in roughly 7 - 8 months before the new expansions releases, yeah, that is a bit silly :)

While you are probably correct, it is intriguing. I've heard whispers of the "transwarp to gamma" as well.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »

While you are probably correct, it is intriguing. I've heard whispers of the "transwarp to gamma" as well.

Oh, that. Well, even if there is one, which i am not saying there is, doesnt mean its new coding. You can easily put a new transwarp location in without doing any coding. Until you actually "hook" it into something, it is just basically text
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Had an extremely slow update, too. Well yeah, it's finished and it was too late to really play anyway, so I just did a short trip to see whether I needed to contribute to our fleet colony. (I didn't)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »

Oh, that. Well, even if there is one, which i am not saying there is, doesnt mean its new coding. You can easily put a new transwarp location in without doing any coding. Until you actually "hook" it into something, it is just basically text

Agreed. Really, I'm just a sucker for hints and leaks about upcoming content. :p
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User

Half right, CBS is forcing Cryptic to change all the character and ship models to DSC versions (I hear they got the idea from Patrickngo's post, so thanks for that :)). And those half-speed subtitled Klingon files take up even more space.
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Not looking forward to the TRIBBLE Klingon ship versions. I think they look terrible in the show so far. Maybe one will come with a console that tractors in all the dead Klingons (similar to MW console) and gives a % chance to the player to be able to team with other factions for STFs.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Freaking patch was very very slow, took me 15-20mins to get it done. I made lunch while it was going on.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > Oh I'm back btw. Hello everyone.

Welcome back. Who are you and where did you go?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    bergins wrote: »
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > Oh I'm back btw. Hello everyone.

Welcome back. Who are you and where did you go?

I go by many names. My ships go in just as many different directions.