test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How did I get an "AFK penalty" for PVE missions, when I was NOT AFK???

So, I joined the Borg Red Alert in Beta quadrant. Went in, blew up some Borg. Was in on the finish of the Unimatrix. But, was not offered a choice of marks, only asked to leave the field. When I returned to sector space, I tried to figure out if I received any random marks awards. I did not. I tried to go on the Tholian Red Alert and found I was on a 2 hour cool down as a "Penalty" for being AFK.

I NEVER left the frigging keyboard from the time I logged in, until I quit the game in total disgust. WTF???

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Obviously the Cryptic spybot that monitors your web cam did see you leave the keyboard......
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It's based on percentage of the total damage done in the queue. I've read that you have to do something like 1% of the total damage to avoid being flagged. That seems like a simple enough request, but there is still such a spread in potential damage output that someone who doesn't really build for DPS getting paired with a few who are closer to the other end of the curve can easily fail to cross this threshold. I've never had it happen, personally, but I have empathy for those that get these false positives. There are people who will go into queues and do nothing, and this system is designed to discourage them, but it is an imperfect solution, as evidenced by your predicament.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    There's been a few times that I've joined on Red Alerts other players wiped out the 4 Borg groups before I could reach one of them.

Luckily, I was able to reach the 'boss' ship in time to do enough damage to get the faction points at the end.

Even if your ship can deal out the damage input, ship speed can also be a factor.
  • wenimitz#3167 wenimitz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    Obviously the Cryptic spybot that monitors your web cam did see you leave the keyboard......

You made my day :D