test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is there a phaser pistol mk xii or better without all the effects on it?

2»

Comments

• hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I have the mentioned "effect" one of my Captain's Hand Phaser Mark II but I can't find a images posted of what that looks like.

4de2554ac16bf3e010bfd3669f88e212--star-track-battlestar-galactica.jpg

g-rodd_phasers2.jpg

Star_Trek_Online_604x423.jpg

I cannot find videos or image pages with what the special effect looks like at each Mark Level. ( Mark II, IV, VI, VIII, X, XII, XIV )

Gotta love the 2265 phaser for overall 2n1 concept, still the best designed of the bunch!
    Kirk out!
  • hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I ran an experiment last night. Mark IV and Mark VII hand Pharers have no glowy effect on them. But each number looks a little different.

Dear Devs,

A modest proposal. Allow us to choose the effects we wish to see on Ground Weapons the same way we can choose the effects on our ships via the Visuals tab for shield effects and so forth. So that when I have a Mark XIV Hand Phaser and do not like the look of it, but I also have a Mark IV Hand Phaser and like the look of that, I could then place the Mark IV in a "box" under a Ground Weapons Visuals tab to take on that image for my pistol weapon. And another box for rifles and assualt.

As I understand, it it's just a question of costume/appearance. If that's true, "Make it so!" if it's far more complicated, then skip it. You've probably have more important things to fix. ;)

Regards,

Zed B.

it should nto be any more difficult than the show armor/don't show armor option that they use to have so the doding is mostly there

Ground and Space weapons - I'd love to pick the sound and color of the beam via the R&D tabs!
    Kirk out!
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Dear Devs,

A modest proposal. Allow us to choose the effects we wish to see on Ground Weapons the same way we can choose the effects on our ships via the Visuals tab for shield effects and so forth...
    Would you be referring to something like this?
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    People have been complaining about the horrible hologram graphics on the standard pistols since the game released. They have not changed it. They never will. I made the exact same post 2 years ago, and that's what everybody told me. I feel your pain.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    This just became a...
    2000px-Doom_%E2%80%93_Game%E2%80%99s_logo.svg.png
    ...thread, didn't it? ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.