test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would like to see as a new uniform?

captmiller1151captmiller1151 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Star Trek, iconic for many things such as is starships also has the most iconic uniforms.
I am curious, of what fellow fans would want as future uniforms or prequel uniforms such as discovery.
I along with many people I know have many ideas, and here, anyone who wants can post their ideas and thoughts.

also, is there any way to post images without link?

Comments

• captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    We pretty much have all the iconic uniforms but we have them for so long now, they start to age, some need a redesign or some adjustments, for example the tng season 3-7 uniform looks very low graphic.
    I would like to see more diverse civilian clothing from different races.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    i just want some enhance customization. the ability to have different color sleeves, pant legs, for example.
    if we could IMPORT from another franchise I'd want the moonbase outfits from UFO

0YOUB.jpg

and the Skydiver outfit from the same series
    ufo.jpg

awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    i just want some enhance customization. the ability to have different color sleeves, pant legs, for example.
    if we could IMPORT from another franchise I'd want the moonbase outfits from UFO

0YOUB.jpg

and the Skydiver outfit from the same series
    ufo.jpg

Those would be great if we could have them. What I would love to see is Mirror Universe versions of other uniforms we have in game.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Yea... we have just about every canon uniform short of...
    ST5-shield02.jpg
    Star Trek V combat uniform

180?cb=20080518000357&path-prefix=en
    Starfleet Combat Uniform (AR-558, DS9)

180?cb=20061217085626&path-prefix=en
    Excursion Uniform (Voyager)

185?cb=20141207011221&path-prefix=en
    2360s Dress Uniform

latest?cb=20140213233911&path-prefix=en
    Dr. Crusher's Lab Coat

Uniforms from Star Trek Beyond (Both Enterprise and Franklin)
    Survival Jackets from Star Trek Beyond
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Not uniforms, but more stuff from William Theiss. We already have 2 of his outfits.

59b8881b1eaadf5949db23d3d2ca22261465317721.jpg

5d5925bd03afa93f176e00f1c8b0bdfe1474466477.jpg

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,243 Community Moderator
    Update the older uniforms that we already have in-game for quality; more Klingon options to include still unreleased TOS Gorn and Orion options, missing Nausicaan armor pieces; more Romulan options to include missing Tal Shiar pieces; MACO and Klingon Honor Guard armor variants that are still unobtainable;

And a unified cross-faction color palette!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I vote TNG Admiral and Dress uniforms

latest?cb=20130423000021&path-prefix=en

liasons004.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    i would like new and original stuff.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    starkaos wrote: »
    Not uniforms, but more stuff from William Theiss. We already have 2 of his outfits.

59b8881b1eaadf5949db23d3d2ca22261465317721.jpg

5d5925bd03afa93f176e00f1c8b0bdfe1474466477.jpg

I forget: Where can we get the costume from second image? Is it from a Lockbox or an event?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I've wanted the dress uniforms from Voyager and TNG.
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    The strappy overall is from a leveled Fleet K13.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I'll take a more open tailor interface. Like taking all the armor sets and placing the pieces of each int he tailor. The set can remain. I just want the ability to mix and match all uniform/armor pieces for signature looks. As I'm sure almost all foundry authors would agree with.

The selection for outfit should just be. Uniform, Armor, Swimsuit and Off Duty. Everything else should be in teh drop down menus for the outfit.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    I'll take a more open tailor interface. Like taking all the armor sets and placing the pieces of each int he tailor. The set can remain. I just want the ability to mix and match all uniform/armor pieces for signature looks. As I'm sure almost all foundry authors would agree with.

The selection for outfit should just be. Uniform, Armor, Swimsuit and Off Duty. Everything else should be in teh drop down menus for the outfit.

Add in a customizable color-palette for everything and I'll sign that!^^

trennan wrote: »

Add in a customizable color-palette for everything and I'll sign that!^^

That's a horse of a different color. But, yes the color pallets could use some work as well.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I enjoy the current Oddy uniform, esp. the long/Admiral version.

If I were to ask for anything, it'd be for the Service Ribbons for TWoK-era uniforms from The Undiscovered Country.

And, while I'm at it, an Oddy equivalent to said Service Ribbons, even if the costume pieces are locked behind STF accolades, which would sort of make sense, right?.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I'd be happy if the MACO Armours just got a proper colour palette for both the armour and visor... also the armours they locked us out of getting.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I'd like more mix and match options among the uniforms we already have.

For example, if I wanted to have the Wells uniform with the TOS rank stripes rather than the default pips, or the Oddy uniform with the TNG rank pips rather than the Oddy ones, then why not assuming I own all of the relevant uniform parts?
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I'd be happy if the MACO Armours just got a proper colour palette for both the armour and visor... also the armours they locked us out of getting.

This has been brought up several times over the years.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'd rather they fix existing costumes before adding more new visuals...

*coughs* Tzenkethi armor, Devs... 200 frigging Lobi and i can't even use all the visual options on my BOFFs... *coughs*

6e3.gif
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    more short sleeved jackets or just the ability to roll up the sleeves we already have =)
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Update the older uniforms that we already have in-game for quality; more Klingon options to include still unreleased TOS Gorn and Orion options, missing Nausicaan armor pieces; more Romulan options to include missing Tal Shiar pieces; MACO and Klingon Honor Guard armor variants that are still unobtainable;

And a unified cross-faction color palette!

All of that, including fixing the uniforms with broken linked colour selections (like the Romulan Republic undershirt and drapes etc).

Plus the Vengeance/KT Section 31 uniforms from STID.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    The ENT: TatV, Franklin, and Kelvin uniforms.

37122945634_a8af56328b_o.png

The Cage and Yesterdays Enterprise uniforms.

23980960518_22c40253a1_o.png

The proper jumpsuit versions of the TNG and DS9 uniforms.

23980960538_e3b31039d7_o.png

The uniform from Star Trek: Countdown, the prequal comic to 09 and STO.

23980960348_500fbfc20e_o.png​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    I'd rather they fix existing costumes before adding more new visuals...

*coughs* Tzenkethi armor, Devs... 200 frigging Lobi and i can't even use all the visual options on my BOFFs... *coughs*

6e3.gif

Can we get a clean up of all the clipping issues with current visuals as well?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Personally I’d prefer they

1) open up all colour palettes to one standard cross faction version. Get rid of the stupid restrictions on some items and allow true customisation.

2) change all the reputation and Lobi/box costumes to the same standard so we can mix and match any pieces we like. Not the restriction on them we have these days which stifles customisation.
    SulMatuul.png