What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance on all platforms next Tuesday, 10/17

Comments

• minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    I'm waiting to pass the maintenance

https://youtu.be/zp6LMNV2WtE?t=5s

• defraggerdefragger Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I look at it this way:It's better to wait several hrs knowing newer servers,and equipment are coming into play than depending on the half- life of older equipment giving you lag.Albeit there are plenty of lifers,and cash spenders,would'nt you be happier to wait 1 day as opposed to a 3 day downtime?.They have sales for a reason,and it's pretty rediculous what maintaining this game can cost,but the cost is there.Take into context programming,testing,upkeep,advertising,amongst other things.I grow impatient at times,but i usually see beyond what's in my self interest. Where there is want,there is compromise.Where there is need,there is sacrifice.There are people that cant even stand to play this game because they have to fix it all the time,make sense?.Keeps your chins up \m/
  • mavandaimavandai Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Just call it a 24 hour maintenance period. If it takes fewer hours, then we can all be surprised.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Time to go back to Elite Dangerous, Where all ships can be earned, none is over priced, isnt cash grabbing, isnt over priced, land on planets, drive rovers, multi-crew single ships, and better graphics than STO..... >.> I enjoy STO but the non stop maint extending **** EVERYTIME you do maint... Its just old now..... Out with the old, In with the new....

Could you yell at them to get linux working for me. I'd like to actually play the game for once!! ><
  • boh#3136 boh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Enough with the b-TRIBBLE!! Open up shop already
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Time to go back to Elite Dangerous, Where all ships can be earned, none is over priced, isnt cash grabbing, isnt over priced, land on planets, drive rovers, multi-crew single ships, and better graphics than STO..... >.> I enjoy STO but the non stop maint extending **** EVERYTIME you do maint... Its just old now..... Out with the old, In with the new....

Has it got any better since its release? I played ED right after release and deleted it the very next day....

• alissalenoiralissalenoir Member Posts: 9 New User
    > @elemberq333 said:
    > alissalenoir wrote: »
    >
    > Time to go back to Elite Dangerous, Where all ships can be earned, none is over priced, isnt cash grabbing, isnt over priced, land on planets, drive rovers, multi-crew single ships, and better graphics than STO..... >.> I enjoy STO but the non stop maint extending **** EVERYTIME you do maint... Its just old now..... Out with the old, In with the new....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Has it got any better since its release? I played ED right after release and deleted it the very next day....

Its a great game, takes alot of practice with controls unless you got a good hotas.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YESNObZJTgQ trailer to what we are talkin of. The planet DLC they added, lets you land on planets, so if you like exploring then yeah you would love that. I mostly just did pvp in it though or bounty hunting lol
  • konamerekonamere Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    For my free gift I'll take a Temporal Transponder for my AoY toon that was created during the event but not played until recently.

or

My crafted items will now be created with modifiers that I want...every time.

Thanks
  • hellspawn041#6825 hellspawn041 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    konamere wrote: »
    For my free gift I'll take a Temporal Transponder for my AoY toon that was created during the event but not played until recently.

or

Thanks

OR, a feedback pulse ability equal to the Borg Queen Octahedron on Hive Onslaught Elite
  • jwdw1976#2820 jwdw1976 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have worked in IT since 2000, networks and servers specifically. This kind of downtime is only accepted in the game server world, on any other network people would be fired by the team. There is no kind of servicing that cant be tested and well oiled before launch, none. Just sloppy.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    queefman wrote: »
    I wish they would put estimated GMT on the launcher too, is that too much to ask?

They give the UTC time, which is a 24-hour clock version of GMT, essentially. If you're in Europe/UK, you aren't even on GMT now, anyway, You're on BST or equivalent until the 29th. Add 1 to the UTC time and subtract 12 from the end time if you use an AM/PM clock.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @elemberq333 said:
    >
    > Time to go back to Elite Dangerous, Where all ships can be earned, none is over priced, isnt cash grabbing, isnt over priced, land on planets, drive rovers, multi-crew single ships, and better graphics than STO..... >.> I enjoy STO but the non stop maint extending **** EVERYTIME you do maint... Its just old now..... Out with the old, In with the new....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Has it got any better since its release? I played ED right after release and deleted it the very next day....

Its a great game, takes alot of practice with controls unless you got a good hotas.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YESNObZJTgQ trailer to what we are talkin of. The planet DLC they added, lets you land on planets, so if you like exploring then yeah you would love that. I mostly just did pvp in it though or bounty hunting lol

It can't possibly be as difficult as Star Citizen controls? I do remember learning to land was hard when I tried though...

konamere wrote: »

or

Thanks

OR, a feedback pulse ability equal to the Borg Queen Octahedron on Hive Onslaught Elite

EVEN BETTER, a new player ship, The Borg Tactical Cube (T100)
  • alissalenoiralissalenoir Member Posts: 9 New User
    > @elemberq333 said:
    >
    > > @elemberq333 said:
    > > alissalenoir wrote: »
    > >
    > > Time to go back to Elite Dangerous, Where all ships can be earned, none is over priced, isnt cash grabbing, isnt over priced, land on planets, drive rovers, multi-crew single ships, and better graphics than STO..... >.> I enjoy STO but the non stop maint extending **** EVERYTIME you do maint... Its just old now..... Out with the old, In with the new....
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Has it got any better since its release? I played ED right after release and deleted it the very next day....
    >
    > Its a great game, takes alot of practice with controls unless you got a good hotas.. trailer to what we are talkin of. The planet DLC they added, lets you land on planets, so if you like exploring then yeah you would love that. I mostly just did pvp in it though or bounty hunting lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It can't possibly be as difficult as Star Citizen controls?

Not more, no. To be good on Elite you would have to learn to toggle flight assist on and off, the best PVP players toggle it on and off for best of both worlds in control, off you can spin around on a dime, on you have easier controlling.. Just takes practice.
  • imarookieimarookie Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    maintenance?

just when I get back from work, doing server maintenance ...
    ah, well. time to re-watch some DS9 then :)

here, have a cat picture for everything else
    weQyK1L.jpg

cheers!
    .o0( The gods of deutsch data recovery have prevailed! The techno will continue. )
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Well, for my part, the T1 upgrade for morale was going to complete for my Fleet during maintenance, so I was curious to look at what that granted us in terms of unlocks.
    Considering that took 11 days though, I can afford to be a bit more patient.

For the most part, I'm just relieved they moved the maintenance time to when I am not playing, as I live in Australia.
    But why don't they have server redundancy?
    As in a backup server to take over while the primary server is offline or maintenance is extended?

That Picard video was interesting.
    And I wondering where that boater hat and cane dance segment came from.

We could use a pet tab, I've only gotten the minimum and it still seems like there's a fair bit of them.
    Also, it could be used for things like fireworks devices, trader call devices and whatever other non-combat stuff we get issued.
    Road crews do this also. They set up TONS of lights at night and actually do road construction overnight so that traffic can flow through the roads.

That recently went wrong near where I live.
    They were doing all the work at night and one morning damaged the power cable for the street, shutting down the power distribution for everything running off that line.
    I'm imagining disabling everyone's alarm clocks and applicances on a work day was a rather spectactular blunder!
    Fortunately, they fixed it fairly quickly, but the area was still without power for 1 hour.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • kompactkitty#8091 kompactkitty Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    It's up.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    PC is alive and well, everyone. Enjoy.

PS4 Captains, we're still working on it and we'll let you know when we know more.
  • luke5412#3423 luke5412 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Well I'm not playing today. Have plans later. This is unacceptable cryptic. This is way past the estimated time. We should receive something for the inconvience. Not counting on it though. They don't care about us. They just care about $$$
  • imarookieimarookie Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    It's up.

whee!
    .o0( The gods of deutsch data recovery have prevailed! The techno will continue. )
    It's up.

What platform? Must be PC, because PS4 still isn't. Although I got to the Engage screen, engage is still greyed out
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Something for the inconvenience of not being able to play your game for a day? Entitled much?

These things happen. They said it was technical things they had no control over. They kept us updated. Sheesh.

You'd think the inconvenience was actually life-changing or something.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    al in de green and up we go
  • ryneman#3249 ryneman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Engage!!!!!!
  • dukekos#7777 dukekos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    life is not about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain.. meanwhile im going to take my dogs for a walk. see you all later.
  • capone001#7972 capone001 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Well PS4 client stating 4PM Pacific now which is about a half hour or so..guess we will see if this is correct or just another guesstimate to make us feel like they know when it will actually come up
    Well PS4 client stating 4PM Pacific now which is about a half hour or so..guess we will see if this is correct or just another guesstimate to make us feel like they know when it will actually come up

Not anymore, now 430pm Pacific
  • capone001#7972 capone001 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    welp that took all but 4 minutes to change
    Lol yup
  • luke5412#3423 luke5412 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Yes. They should give us something. They gave us a time limit and they didn't follow it. Weather it's they're fault or not. It's called customer service. When I worked at Wendy's stuff happened beyond our control and if it directly affected the customers, we compensated them. Should be that way with anything. If you want your customers to stay happy then that's what you do. My neighbor who used to work in an it unit says down time like this shouldn't happen, even in gaming servers.
This discussion has been closed.