test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inexplicable costume restrictions

Hello. I have run into something extremely frustrating, but I assume that it's intentional rather than being a bug, so I am posting my feedback about it here. If it's actually a bug, please let me know and I will report it differently.

I am playing a Romulan allied ship captain, I have a Romulan ship, and a (mostly) Romulan bridge crew, but the costume options are different for every character. Some characters have access to "boots leather buckled" (just an example -- there are literally dozens of costume pieces that are missing on the captain and/or various bridge crew). Some don't. Some characters can make the exact same Romulan belt black (or nearly black). Some can't. Some have access to actual colors (red, blue, violent, green, etc.) for a given costume piece. Some pieces are limited to shades of brown (yuck).

Who thought this was good idea? Assuming this is intentional, it takes more work to program this, makes the underlying costume system more complicated, and yet it reduces the functionality of the costume editor (among other things, it makes the load/save costume feature utterly worthless). This is madness!

Every costume piece available to a given player should be available to every character in every color. The current restrictions are arbitrary, inexplicable, and incredibly frustrating.

Unless what I am seeing is a bug. If that's the case, please let me know.
--
Champions Online Lifetime Subscriber
Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscriber

Comments

• severianne#0520 severianne Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Also, when I change the color of some costume pieces, other costume pieces change color as well. Not on every character, and not the same pieces. Extremely annoying.
    --
    Champions Online Lifetime Subscriber
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscriber
  • ripperjk02ripperjk02 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    We've lived with those restrictions for as long as I can remember - and no one likes them. Also, the color linking is incredibly frustrating, and rampant, with Rom boffs for whatever reason. I find it nearly impossible to keep my team thematic and uniform due to this =\