test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tzenkethi Battlezone now obsolete...

.... and empty with the release of the new content. The bz no longer has anything to offer compared to Dranuur Beach or Gauntlet STF. You can earn just as many marks or more in a fraction of the time it takes to run around in the battlezone with 3 times as many players.

Is this a bad thing? Not really if you want to get the most from your time... but I consider the battlezone to be a blast to play...but when it is empty like it has been for a week.. No fun.

So, what should they add to the battlezone to make worth running?

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The Tzenkethi BZ was dead on arrival, plagued by bugs and a lack of information. A good, innovative idea, quickly abandoned and never heard of again.
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I would have liked to see that Battleground actually work someday. Even just once.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I fail to understand what influence Gauntlet as well as Beach Assault is supposed to have on the BZ what Tzenkethi Front and Gravity Kills didn’t do already. The latter two have at least acceptable effort reward ratios.

Are you perhaps pointing out the new Tzenkethi Red Alert?

Just curious because I have not yet been in the RA, nor have I ever been in the BZ.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    omega upgrade papers to dyson space b.z. and something smilar to Tzenkethi b.z.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    It was dead when it was added to the game. It was literally dead as no enemies would spawn.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The BZ was fairly typical nice ideas but bad execution coated with a non existent layer QA testing conceived around the conceit that it would always have a full zone and therefore the numbers to complete it.

BUT unlike most other patches they didn't bother to instigate the usual policy of patch for update then multiple subsequent patches to plug holes.

Which means they either don't care about it as lukari rep tokens are now available elsewhere and who would bother going to the asscrack of the alpha quadrant anyway OR they know its so broken they'd have to remove and redo it from the ground up which would be a waste of time as the damage has already been done and noone would think to take a second look at the 2.0 BZ.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I fail to understand what influence Gauntlet as well as Beach Assault is supposed to have on the BZ what Tzenkethi Front and Gravity Kills didn’t do already. The latter two have at least acceptable effort reward ratios.

Are you perhaps pointing out the new Tzenkethi Red Alert?

Just curious because I have not yet been in the RA, nor have I ever been in the BZ.
    They give colony provisions which are somewhat unique at this point. So people will be running them much more than they ever did the old lukari queues. Especially the Gauntlet since it's autowin. People can thus get all their protomatter containers from there instead suffering the bugheap BZ or the old empty queues.

Although I certainly didn't suffer the BZ even before. When it turned out the Advanced/Elite lukemark queues were permanently empty, I got marks from the choice boxes and converted them. But apparently some other people did.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    you make a very poor assumption that everyone is in a fleet, and or play STFs. I think probably less than 40% of the player base has even TRIED an STF let alone run them on a regular basis.
    Spock.jpg

• alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    The entire Tzenkethi battlezone is fundamentally flawed and needs a total rework or should just be scrapped entirely.(Honestly wish more would have been done on the temporal story arc, and had a Delphic Expanse battlezone)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Boost the rewards of each area and have them grant you Dranuur colony provisions and it'll be populated.

It's all about the effort-reward ratio being correctly done and the rewards being relevant to the current season gimmick, which Cryptic utterly sucks at doing and updating, either not giving enough rewards (most of the queues) or giving too much (CC).

IMO, they should try a variant of the Endeavor system, exclusive to BG and queues: depending on the day, a few queues and BG give a bonus pack of a different currency than usual to match the current season's content.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    The Tzenkethi space battlezone was pretty dead on arrival as an above poster said. Marks were easily available elsewhere in far greater amounts and requiring much less time. Plus they were far more fun.

Meanwhile Dyson GROUND battlezone is almost always busy. You know, despite being ground. Reasons for that are the rewards and it's frankly fun. I mean the rewards themselves make it worthwile, being one of the fastest ways to acquire dilithium and being the fastest way to acquire marks. 8000+ Dilithium and around 300-350 Dyson marks in about 25 minutes. To be fair, that's probably why you don't get anymore maps with rewards like that.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Oh yes, I can get on Undine BZ, Dyson BZ, Badlands, etc at almost any time of the day and there are plenty of players to run back to back runs. Despite what was said above about assuming everyone runs STF etc etc... The fact these zones are busy is proof that there are more than enough players running the content because it has a worth to it... So I guess you assume that the 40% who aren't in a fleet or play STF are the missing link?

I have run the Tzenkethi BZ many times back to back the last couple weeks and it seemed to be running fine with the exception of the asteroid soccer field and sometimes only one asteroid ever spawns.... When S14 came out I have been in there about 10 times and you can hear a pin drop... I do LOVE Dranuur Beach however and Gauntlet is sort of ok as far as content goes... mainly bc of the 4mins of "spawn TRIBBLE" midway through which kind of makes it boring (especially when you science the perfectly clustered mobs that warp into the same place) but love the randomness of the NPC enemy each time you run it. The red alert I do like as well.

I am a battle zone junkie (even on the old CoV/CoH I lived in the Rikti Warzone..even had a toon named after it) not just for the rewards but because I like large engagements with lots of players and spawns based on the player size. Makes for some pretty intense fun. The Zenkethi BZ I was really liking a lot and hope it finds a way to re-populate.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    The Tzenkethi BZ was dead on arrival, plagued by bugs and a lack of information. A good, innovative idea, quickly abandoned and never heard of again.

Pretty much, I gave up on it after doing it once.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    The main issue with the Tzenkethi Battlezone is that even with a full map of players, the Tzenkethi recapture zones faster than Players can take them. Sometimes the points reset even with a player still there on "defense". Its almost like the points are just on a timer rather than the system they have for the other Battlezones. Not only that, there isn't a way for players to PREVENT a recapture by fighting off forces that spawned in. It basically treats the contested point as if it was already taken by the Tzenkethi, and thus forcing the player to go through the motions of taking the point again.

The objectives are a nice change of pace, but the mechanics need some serious work to bring life to Gon'cra.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    The ultimate core issue is that the userbase is basically static (or shrinking) yet they add more and more battlezones which just spreads out the players. And in this case, it never really worked properly.

They need to scale not just the number of opposing ships, but the size of the battlezone to the number of players.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    szim wrote: »

yup, I went there 2x and it sucked (2nd time was just to test weapons). Enemies recaptured points faster than you can take them. It does not take into account the few players there. It's not interesting.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well the other thing with the Tzen'kethi Battlezone was you could not really earn the Elite Marks. Dyson would award 5 of its Elite Marks, Undine 4 of its, Badlands 4 each of the Temporal and Terran Elite Marks, and even Kobali Prime gives two each of the Delta and Iconian Elite Marks for running the last two open missions once.

People were expecting to be able to earn the Protomatter Microcontainers in larger quantities than 1. The time and difficulty in holding zones to begin with and the very good chance that even with defeating the three Dreadnoughts you most likely would get no Elite Marks doomed this.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    .... and empty with the release of the new content. The bz no longer has anything to offer compared to Dranuur Beach or Gauntlet STF. You can earn just as many marks or more in a fraction of the time it takes to run around in the battlezone with 3 times as many players.

Is this a bad thing? Not really if you want to get the most from your time... but I consider the battlezone to be a blast to play...but when it is empty like it has been for a week.. No fun.

So, what should they add to the battlezone to make worth running?

It's why I wish they would rather than always adding new reputations would instead optimize old Battlezone's like Dyson, perhaps revamp older REP Queue's... Maybe allow us to expand a few new project gear/equipment items... Regardless if it was done by donating REP Mark, DIL, Energy Credit or Tokens to unlock a few new projects similar to how a fleet does it.

It be good every now and then to revisit 1 or 2 older REPs to update or possibly add / expand to them. Rather than always adding another REP as we have 11 now it be nice every now and then to refresh some older content, queue's, battlezone's, reward's, projects, etc...

I'd love to see Romulan Rep finally offer a Republic Ground Tactical Vest / Armor with Republic or Allied Tailor unlocks depending on your Race or Faction similar to Omega with Klingon Honor Guard / Omega / Maco. Other REP could add add possibly a 2nd Universal Console or Alternative Weapon or something else entirely different as a way to refresh some different things originally released awhile ago with some new additions, changes, refresh, or rewards.
    0zxlclk.png
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    They either need to buckle down and fix it once and for all, or just remove it from the game. Its so broken you cant even play it.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The main issue with the Tzenkethi Battlezone is that even with a full map of players, the Tzenkethi recapture zones faster than Players can take them. Sometimes the points reset even with a player still there on "defense". Its almost like the points are just on a timer rather than the system they have for the other Battlezones. Not only that, there isn't a way for players to PREVENT a recapture by fighting off forces that spawned in. It basically treats the contested point as if it was already taken by the Tzenkethi, and thus forcing the player to go through the motions of taking the point again.

The objectives are a nice change of pace, but the mechanics need some serious work to bring life to Gon'cra.
    That. Also the rewards structures are set up so that only clearing the entire zone is actually worth anything. On all the space battlezones, really.

The voth BZ is the only one that gives players a good reason to stay to cap a few zones even if there aren't enough players to finish it. As a result, there usually are enough players there to finish it. As opposed to the space battlezones (especially the broken tzenkethi) a player arriving to find it empty might as well just leave since they can't get anything done alone.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Oh yes, I can get on Undine BZ, Dyson BZ, Badlands, etc at almost any time of the day and there are plenty of players to run back to back runs. Despite what was said above about assuming everyone runs STF etc etc... The fact these zones are busy is proof that there are more than enough players running the content because it has a worth to it... So I guess you assume that the 40% who aren't in a fleet or play STF are the missing link?

No, I'll pop into those battlezones for one section, get my daily mark bonus and leave. Any extended time spent in those battlezones is just a waste of time and effort. Log in, do a section for 1 minute, log out, repeat next day. 10 minutes effort in total to grind up a sponsored toon.

The Dyson Battlezone meanwhile gives you 250-350 marks, 5 elite marks and around 4000-5000 dilithium. Turn in those marks and you could easily hit the dilithium cap. So a days worth of dilithium in under 30 minutes. The reason I stay are the rewards and the missions connected to those rewards. It makes me want to take part.

In three days of minimum effort I've grinded enough marks to grind up a sponsered toon and around 20000 dilithium.

It's time and effort vs reward and Dyson is simply the best for that. Hence why it's so incredibly busy during this dilithium weekend.

Part of what the other battlezones need are missions like the Dyson BZ, giving people reason to stick around.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    What would be grand is someone starting up a community wide event, not an official event, just one done by the players for the players and it contains some good rewards for taking part. it could put the space bz back on the map when people start to realise the rewards and what it would be like to revive the bz.

Horrible to think all that time and effort went into it only for it to come out stillborn.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    Hell, even a "complete XX battlezone" endeavor would be nice.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

If it was the Tzenkethi zone... good luck finishing it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

I guess I haven't had the bad luck yet with it. Have run it over a dozen times (when there were easily 10-15 running it) and the only way we didn't finish was because we didn't kill all 3 dreads in the time limit..
    Well the Tzen'kethi Battlezone has one virtue. You can Transwarp to it, leave, and only have a short hop to the Colony (before you get the direct Transwarp to the Colony). ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well the Tzen'kethi Battlezone has one virtue. You can Transwarp to it, leave, and only have a short hop to the Colony (before you get the direct Transwarp to the Colony). ;)
    We already have a direct transwarp to the colony with the feature episode.
    Sure, but I'm trying to get something positive about the Battlezone. :)

The FE is not going to be an FE forever.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User

Actually we did have that endeavour. It worked quite well but, I suspect, only because it got enough people in the battle zone to make completing it possible.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, it would be nice if the Tzenkethi BZ worked. I kinda got burnt out doing reputations so I didn't really bother starting the Lukari Rep until much later. The Tzenkethi Front does not pop very often so I have not obtained many protomatter canisters across all my characters.

I have been playing Dranuur Beach, but it takes a while for the STF to pop. I actually like it. Too bad there is not much interest in it. The question is what to do with the various colony provisions the mission rewards. I am not in a fleet and I am not sure if I just want to simply store them in my inventory until I decide to join a fleet.