test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ground weapons blacked out?

does any one else find that thier ground weapons are black on any ground map after the latest update? i mean before s14 i had l2.0 active and could clearly see my rifle and its details. now on any ground map i can see my rilfe is black and can see any of its details.

have i gotten a bug or is it supposed to be like that? the rifle is a krieger wave disruptor full auto rifle

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    I don't have this problem with Lighting 2.0, though I got it before on rare occasions and I always managed to fix it with a Force Verify.

I'd suggest using it in the launcher to see if a file didn't get corrupted during the patch.

In the launcher, enter the Id and password, go into options, check Force verify, click on save, then wait until the verification and potential patching happens, and check in-game if it did something. Warning, it can take a while to verify everything, but it can help fix things without needing to tweak anything.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Couple of things:
    1. If this is a bug, then this needs to go into the appropriate bug reporting forum. Don't throw important tech issues to the watery soup of the general forum, chances are it won't get looked at.
    2. Screenshots would help greatly, and any troubleshooting steps you may have taken (ex. changing map, restarting game, force verifying game, ect.)

This could be a random Direct X bug or a problem with the art asset but more information is needed to say what might be going on.
    (If you don't have something to host images with yet, imgur can be recommended.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    i asked around in zone chat. seems like its part of a new shadow/light system, so not a game bug, not a change i like but seems its here to stay, thanks for trying to help me . have a good weekend
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    carter60 wrote: »
    i asked around in zone chat. seems like its part of a new shadow/light system, so not a game bug, not a change i like but seems its here to stay, thanks for trying to help me . have a good weekend
    Did you try my suggestion?
    Also, since Lighting 2.0 worked for you before and is older than season 14, there is no reason for it to stop working outside a bug, since it wasn't touched for Season 14.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    i did try it. but my weapons were never that dark thanks to shadows before, and no force verify didnt dectect any problems
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    doe it mean they are now "assault" weapons?
    Spock.jpg

not sure what category full auto rifles fall under
  • preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    This “blackout“ only happens to my Fleet Antiproton Pulsewave rifle - white / silver like with red dots and stripes