What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 10/5/17

2»

Comments

• Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Maybe with this patch Cryptic will fix my account that has been broken since late July, doubtful, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Seriously though, most of us with any STO experience were expecting these type of patches since it usually happens for a few days after a season's content release.

• Options
    kenc852kenc852 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    3 step process to fix STO:
    1) give hamster lead poisoning
    2) get new hamster
    3) massive hardware update

Ok so 1 and 2 are to make you feel better, 3 really probably needs to be done to address the lack of server capacity/bandwidth allocation server side.
    Yes I'm a computer nerd gamer, no I don't modify games.
  • Options
    minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Good night. See you tomorrow
    :D
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    maybe they meant 4.5 hours?
  • Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Maybe with this patch Cryptic will fix my account that has been broken since late July, doubtful, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Seriously though, most of us with any STO experience were expecting these type of patches since it usually happens for a few days after a season's content release.

Wait, Cryptic fixes things, since when!
  • Options
    venttressventtress Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:

> We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 10/5 at 6AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)

It's been a full hour since the server was supposed to go back up.....
  • Options
    sofascumsofascum Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I think they are rebuilding the entire game.. either that or they have broken the game so much :(
    What you do not eat tonight, will eat you tomorrow
  • Options
    crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I hope the severe lag and rubberbanding on ESD and in STFs gets addressed. I only played 3 PvE's and walked a bit on ESD, and I was stuck for minutes at a time, and then glitching all over the map.

This is the definition of an unplayable game, and somehow I'm afraid it doesn't relate to having more people than usual logged in.

I'd really like to play and enjoy more of STO, so really hoping devs can find the source of this lag and resolve it.

The mass amount of mini-games cause this during the anniversary event for Omega. I can only imagine this ridiculously hungry fleet holding and the need to run mini-games will keep the lag at epic levels for 200+ days as it will take at least that long to finish.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    I hope the severe lag and rubberbanding on ESD and in STFs gets addressed. I only played 3 PvE's and walked a bit on ESD, and I was stuck for minutes at a time, and then glitching all over the map.

This is the definition of an unplayable game, and somehow I'm afraid it doesn't relate to having more people than usual logged in.

I'd really like to play and enjoy more of STO, so really hoping devs can find the source of this lag and resolve it.

The mass amount of mini-games cause this during the anniversary event for Omega. I can only imagine this ridiculously hungry fleet holding and the need to run mini-games will keep the lag at epic levels for 200+ days as it will take at least that long to finish.

Another STO friend of mine suggested that exact same thing, and I think you both hit the jackpot.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    According to the folks I've talked to, the lag is a temporary thing that they're getting a fix for. SHouldn't last 200 days.

Also, PC maintenance is complete! Thanks for your patience!
This discussion has been closed.