test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you think? The Colony Fleet Holding

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Please place all feedback for the colony fleet holding here!

Comments

• unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    I like that we can use hoverboards, but I would LOVE to be able to use the jetpacks!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Mini games are truly truly awful,
    The 'dil' and resources cost are astronomical,
    5 tiers is way too long for a holding,
    None of the rewards look worthwhile,
    And, probably, impossible for a small fleet anyway.
    As a small fleet, it's a non-starter.
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I have no idea about how to get these "Colony Invasion Defense Simulation Tokens"...?

Any clues would be appreciated!
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »
    I like that we can use hoverboards, but I would LOVE to be able to use the jetpacks!
    My thoughts exactly. There's also a place under the building where the hoverboard falls through the water like a hole and then it teleports you away.

Otherwise it's awesome.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Hoverboards - hadn't thought of that. Now will I get them out of the bank for that?

The out-of-placeness of the minigame locations combined with the general love for minigames may spell doom for some fleets' hopes of ever getting this up. But we'll have to wait and see. A transport to the locations would be appreciated - I spent way more time running than collecting. (Does anybody know the cooldown? I couldn't find it)

The gear on sale doesn't seem to be that spectacular, so missing out won't hurt a fleet too much, but some nice choices are there.

And now that we can potentially get Lukari and Kentari boffs - may I repeat the hope for some dev to figure out how to allow for more boff slots? I understand that this may become a memory issue, but I have identified one boff which I can fire - from a role playing perspective - and I already skipped the holo TOS crew for my full roster, but not being able to get one of each here makes me a bit sad. And to be consistent, I'd need two of each anyways...

Looking nice so far, let's see how leveling up will make it look (probably close to the one we see in the mission, but with maybe an additional feature or two).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Hoverboards - hadn't thought of that. Now will I get them out of the bank for that?

The out-of-placeness of the minigame locations combined with the general love for minigames may spell doom for some fleets' hopes of ever getting this up. But we'll have to wait and see. A transport to the locations would be appreciated - I spent way more time running than collecting. (Does anybody know the cooldown? I couldn't find it)

Yeah, they were a pain to run to on my first character.... but once I learned you could use hoverboards, it got much quicker. Zoom straight to the battery location, then jet right across the bay to the other two.

• dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    I know I'm not supposed to be here, but I just... love mountaineering.
    mew0Neq.jpg
    There is no higher point on the map.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    I'm sure there are many who are excited by this new holding, but as the co-leader of a mid-level fleet, I can sum up my feelings about the Colony holding as follows - Unneeded, Unasked for, and at five tiers, Unwanted.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Personally, I think this new holding would have been received better had it been a 3-tier holding, instead of 5. The lower tiers are fine, but the development costs rise exponentially the higher in tier you go... to the point where I believe smaller fleets will be hard-pressed to actually be able to finish it, if at all.

The use of hover boards does take some of the sting out of travel time from one node to the next.

There is a large area in front of the building where you are warped back to the spawn point if you enter it.

The one hour cooldown for node-farming... I wish they would get rid of it.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    I have no idea about how to get these "Colony Invasion Defense Simulation Tokens"...?

Any clues would be appreciated!

I believe they are a Tier 1 unlock or at least you'll have to make it to Tier 1 overall to engage in the defence scenarios. Eventually you'll have to slot projects to produce the tokens. Just click on the various sub-tiers to see what they unlock. Automated goods collection, project cooldown reductions, and a provision yield bonus are a few more things to look forward to. Not online so can't give you an exact answer about the tokens but they're just around the corner.

• dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I really like the base and the grounds. Nice layout and atmosphere. The brightness outside is really disagreeable though. A bit over the top. I know it's an alien environment, but it's annoying to look at nonetheless.
    edited October 2017
    Mini games are truly truly awful,
    The 'dil' and resources cost are astronomical,
    5 tiers is way too long for a holding,
    None of the rewards look worthwhile,
    And, probably, impossible for a small fleet anyway.
    As a small fleet, it's a non-starter.
    As somebody who's founded 2 fleets ( one each fed & kdf) and got them to level 65 there's already been some talk among friends about accomplishing this at the armada level by merging members and leaders into the alpha. I don't think the armada system has been fully taken advantage of by many. Does every fleet in the armada need its own Tier 5 Colony? Peeps may have to combine efforts and use the synergies an armada provides in creative ways to make this new holding work.
    Post edited by protoneous on
    > @protoneous said:
    > humblesheep wrote: »
    >
    > Mini games are truly truly awful,
    > The 'dil' and resources cost are astronomical,
    > 5 tiers is way too long for a holding,
    > None of the rewards look worthwhile,
    > And, probably, impossible for a small fleet anyway.
    > As a small fleet, it's a non-starter.
    >
    >
    >
    > As somebody who's founded 2 fleets ( one each fed & kdf) and got them to level 65 there's already been some talk among friends about accomplishing this at the armada level by merging members and leaders into the alpha. I don't think the armada system has been fully taken advantage of by many. Does every fleet in the armada need its own Colony? Peeps may have to combine efforts and use the synergies an armada provides in creative ways to make this new holding work.

As a small fleet we seem to have a choice, either abandon the fleet or ignore this new holding. To be honest, I hate mini games and wouldn't want to support this holding on principal - recently Criptic seem to want us to do 'more and more' for 'less and less', for me, that's not entertainment, it's just them pushing the boundaries of how much grind they can introduce before we 'kick back' or 'head off'.
    edited October 2017
    > @protoneous said:
    > humblesheep wrote: »
    >
    > Mini games are truly truly awful,
    > The 'dil' and resources cost are astronomical,
    > 5 tiers is way too long for a holding,
    > None of the rewards look worthwhile,
    > And, probably, impossible for a small fleet anyway.
    > As a small fleet, it's a non-starter.
    >
    >
    >
    > As somebody who's founded 2 fleets ( one each fed & kdf) and got them to level 65 there's already been some talk among friends about accomplishing this at the armada level by merging members and leaders into the alpha. I don't think the armada system has been fully taken advantage of by many. Does every fleet in the armada need its own Tier 5 Colony? Peeps may have to combine efforts and use the synergies an armada provides in creative ways to make this new holding work.

As a small fleet we seem to have a choice, either abandon the fleet or ignore this new holding. To be honest, I hate mini games and wouldn't want to support this holding on principal - recently Criptic seem to want us to do 'more and more' for 'less and less', for me, that's not entertainment, it's just them pushing the boundaries of how much grind they can introduce before we 'kick back' or 'head off'.

Wasn't saying abandon your fleet.

I do agree with you on principle with respect to Cryptic wanting us to do more for less and pushing boundaries. Will even add something not about Delta Rising but rising costs.
    I'm sure there are many who are excited by this new holding, but as the co-leader of a mid-level fleet, I can sum up my feelings about the Colony holding as follows - Unneeded, Unasked for, and at five tiers, Unwanted.
    Then don't build it.

"Problem" solved.
    > Then don't build it.
    >
    > "Problem" solved.

Sound advice. Thank you.
    I'm sure many small fleets will do so.

And, probably, benefit from a good exchange rate wilst other fleets pour millions of dil into their bottomless pits.
  • hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Okay feedback inbound, brace for impact.

I would like to point out that the map itself, and the colony, are awesome looking. I quickly renamed the holding Spa Wellness Center. [a pity that due to bugs now all the fleet holdings have that name, since its on a “name one = name all” mode again]

The map is just pure eye candy and I quickly wanted to station my character there. However, every time I do a queue I get dropped out of the map and are back in space. A bummer. Secondly I can not change traits, specs etc. on the map, making the idea of 'base my characters on the colony' a bust. Being able to use the hoverboard is awesome, like it.

Since we are a rather small fleet, it will take us [me] a few years to complete it, but so be it. As a gamma fleet I got a good deal on dilithium, and so far I have already build quite a bit. The only thing I do not understand is why am I limited on gaining 250 provisions? Is this per day, per hour, per 20 hours? Why even cap it at all? Quite frankly it is the killer to fill, being handi-capped at 250 from mining on the map is just frustrating, imo.

My first thought when I entered the map was: player housing, when!! would not mind having a house at the lake.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    1. Create transporter pads at each provisioning location (saves several minutes of travel)

2. Reduce daily contribution requirements from 1048 to 1000 to allow four rounds to fill the 1000xp assignment instead of five.

3. Allow player's characters to stay on the map after running an STF or logging out (cuts down on a minute or two loading).

4. Offer a tutorial on how to get each resource (took me forever to find them manually after I didn't notice the mission officer, and I still have no idea how the combat token system works)

5. Make provisions tradeable on the exchange.

6. Enable jet packs.

7. Make DOFF assignments in the most recently developed sectors of the Alpha quadrant that award the provisions.

8. Explain which STFs award which provisions and make sure that each type can be acquired in three different ways: mini-games, STFs, DOFFs.

9. Require one grind session instead of two to earn the hourly reward from the mini game.

10. Reduce the cool down to at least 30 minutes on minigames.

As you can see my suggestions mostly revolve around making the provision requirements more maneageable. The map is beautiful. The overarching story behind the holding is good. The gear looks promising. And it could be a nice addition. But I am a Fleet Admiral in a small fleet. I know the handful of us left are never going to get this thing done as quick as the big fleets. But we're not going to abandon our otherwise maxed out fleet, either. If you want players like me to use this holding then you are asking us to completely forgo the other aspects of the game---PVE, stories, PVP, etc. Just not enough hours in the day to grind this holding AND play the game unless you're able to play 4-5 hours a day, which I just don't have time to do.
    hoffy1 wrote: »
    Okay feedback inbound, brace for impact.

I would like to point out that the map itself, and the colony, are awesome looking. I quickly renamed the holding Spa Wellness Center. [a pity that due to bugs now all the fleet holdings have that name, since its on a “name one = name all” mode again]

The map is just pure eye candy and I quickly wanted to station my character there. However, every time I do a queue I get dropped out of the map and are back in space. A bummer. Secondly I can not change traits, specs etc. on the map, making the idea of 'base my characters on the colony' a bust. Being able to use the hoverboard is awesome, like it.
    That's like all the fleet holdings, they count as "mission" maps even though they're social zones, so you can't stay there and can't change traits, etc. Bummer indeed.
    Since we are a rather small fleet, it will take us [me] a few years to complete it, but so be it. As a gamma fleet I got a good deal on dilithium, and so far I have already build quite a bit. The only thing I do not understand is why am I limited on gaining 250 provisions? Is this per day, per hour, per 20 hours? Why even cap it at all? Quite frankly it is the killer to fill, being handi-capped at 250 from mining on the map is just frustrating, imo.
    1 hour. They're capped because otherwise one person could fill up all projects in 15 minutes.
    My first thought when I entered the map was: player housing, when!! would not mind having a house at the lake.
    ^Seriously, this!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Those minigame are at best meh on PC and due to awful poorly thought controls on console diabolical. I'd like to see the devs try them out in a head to head challenge pc vs console on their twitch stream, especially the omega molecule scanning one which is the worst of the bunch for console, and then explain why they think that the control scheme being used was the best option when it's very clearly not to anyone who has ever picked up a dualshock or xbox pad.

True, this hasn't hit consoles yet but I highly doubt it will have any adjustment made to improve gameplayability.

And why in the world are they so far from anywhere else on the map? Looking at it there's an underground spot so why isn't the mining done there?

The lukari are all about ecology, as highlighted in the new mission, and yet we're to strip mine a coral reef for luxury goods?

The holdings side come across as just a way of adding another timesink into the game with 5 holding and expensive ones at that. Changing the tokens from replicator to earned is a good idea but marred by the minigames and their locations. Is there info in game about where to obtain them now as most peoples first port of call would be the replicator.

I had a skim of the holding unlocks and what struck me was that several mid tiers have no unlocks on the colony which does beg the question why was this made a 5 tier setup if there wasnt any mid level "hooks" added. It's akin to delta grinding where you had massive xp requirements but next to nothing in the way of earning other than patrols because there wasn't sufficient content to cover the demands being placed on the player.
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Frankly the vast majority of points raised in the tribble forums are still valid so I'll quote my post from there.

> @sierrafortune said:
    > With how big the map is this should be more akin to a fleet exclusive mini-adventure zone kind of thing rather than a "go here and play the same 3 minigames you've done for years". The map looks fantastic, but the minigames were already awful, and this format only accentuates how bad they are. As it stands there's nothing that you gain from this holding that justifies the costs or the tedium involved. If the colony invasion were rescaled for 10 players max, and the minigames were replaced with...well literally anything. Heck even the New Romulus Epohh tagging, and the payouts were rebalanced so that it isn't a pointless grindfest it would be something at least a few people would show up for.
    >
    > What it's really missing though are things that I can actually do with other fleetmates. This isn't something exclusive to the colony holding, but the openness of the map really drives home how hollow it is to be in an area that's intended to be worked on by a group of players. And like the others it's going to be empty with no interaction because there's barely anything to do together. The colony invasion could be okay, but it's not gonna hold anyone's interest for long, especially in its current state. It really needs smaller scale events/missions/whatever that 2-4 people could cooperate on. As it stands this is just gonna be another map where I maybe run into two other fleetmates but don't really interact with them because we're just there to get a solo-mission, doff, buy something, and so on.
    >
    > All in all I think this'll be one where I beam down, admire the map, and beam out. Maybe I'll visit it again in a few years like Andoria, and other dead zones. But I ain't ever gonna drop resources on this because lol why? I could just join a different fleet that's trying to get K-13 done and get far better rewards for my resources.
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    When people donate to the Coffer tab on the Fleet Colony Holding, they receive Fleet Marks, but not recognition on the Leaderboard tab or Overall Fleet Contributions on the Roster. Is this a bug?
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    hoffy1 wrote: »
    The map is just pure eye candy and I quickly wanted to station my character there. However, every time I do a queue I get dropped out of the map and are back in space. A bummer.

Bummer indeed but generally applicable to fleet holdings, especially if you are the only one currently in it. They are just created as needed and if they stop existing during your STF (or connection issue), it's back to the outside. I once wanted to base some of my toons temporarily on the fleet starbase, same issue.
    1. Create transporter pads at each provisioning location (saves several minutes of travel)

I'd support this, but very unlikely to happen. They have known about the travel time.
    2. Reduce daily contribution requirements from 1048 to 1000 to allow four rounds to fill the 1000xp assignment instead of five.

Well, once it's five rounds, the next four times it'll be four due to the saved ones. I don't like how it is not a multiple of 250 in general (and not a multiple of 10 so that you have to donate twice to get it filled), but it doesn't really take that much longer.
    3. Allow player's characters to stay on the map after running an STF or logging out (cuts down on a minute or two loading).

See above. I'd be all for it but guess that this would need rewriting of some basic code.
    7. Make DOFF assignments in the most recently developed sectors of the Alpha quadrant that award the provisions.

Would be convenient, but was probably not what they were going for - spend time at the holding.
    9. Require one grind session instead of two to earn the hourly reward from the mini game.

This depends on play quality/luck. I have done the 250 in one go. May depend on the minigame.
    If you want players like me to use this holding then you are asking us to completely forgo the other aspects of the game---PVE, stories, PVP, etc. Just not enough hours in the day to grind this holding AND play the game unless you're able to play 4-5 hours a day, which I just don't have time to do.

Well, you will be able to use it before it's completely maxed out. As for the rest, I suggest going to the map to gather some materials whenever you feel like it, play the game otherwise, let it last a little longer (or a lot longer). Way more fun IMO.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Would be convenient, but was probably not what they were going for - spend time at the holding....

I really liked the DOff assignments in the mine and lab and if the point was to spend time in the holding I think it would be great if they added an assignment contact there too.
    edited October 2017

This depends on play quality/luck. I have done the 250 in one go. May depend on the minigame.

Yep. Particle collection, a score of 2200+ seems to give 250 provisions. Ore mining, you just need to clear 815. Meanwhile, on radiation scanning, a score of 1075 is the minimum needed for 225.

The first two are easy for me, the third takes me two runs. Not sure if it's just because I'm bad at the game, or if it's just not possible to get the score needed for 250 with relative ease.

edit: by the way, if you just need another 25-50 provisions to fill the quest, you can quit out of the minigame early. No need to go the whole run.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Then don't build it.

"Problem" solved.

All that wisdom. We'll likely build it anyway since our other holdings other than starbase are done, but I would have been more receptive to a new holding if it were simply three tiered instead of five. Hopefully (and I suspect) it will be a good while before they introduce yet another piece of property to us. *grumbles and breaks out hardhat*
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
    Hmm. Contributing Provisions from the Coffers seems bugged.

- the display in Contributing seems to show 10x the amount in coffers (i.e, we have 1490 in coffer, the contributing window says 14,900)
    - but then it only seems to add 1/10th of the amount listed to be contributed. (ex: we're 194 short of full. The contribution shows as 190. But it only actually contributes 19. With an actual 19 taken from the coffers. So it seems like the contribution thinks that it's taking 190 from the 14.9k, but both of those numbers are 10x the actual)
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    My biggest issue with the new holding is that it so graphically intense that is difficult to do the mini-games because the frame rate drops so badly, and I have tried doing this a the lowest possible graphics and resolution setting. There just seems to be too much going on. I get that it suppose to be really "pretty", but I have fleet members who are crashing on this map. This will be mostly likely be the main reason our fleet doesn't do this holding. Crashing and lagging on that map are not worth the effort to do this.

As for the mini-games, the 1 hour cool down needs to be reduced to either 15 or 30 minutes, or the PvE queues offer a greater amount of provisions.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2017
    Personally, I think this new holding would have been received better had it been a 3-tier holding, instead of 5. The lower tiers are fine, but the development costs rise exponentially the higher in tier you go... to the point where I believe smaller fleets will be hard-pressed to actually be able to finish it, if at all.

The use of hover boards does take some of the sting out of travel time from one node to the next.

There is a large area in front of the building where you are warped back to the spawn point if you enter it.

The one hour cooldown for node-farming... I wish they would get rid of it.

Yea I can certainly see your point from one perspective.

While many larger fleet's who started much earlier have had their Starbase completed for some time; other's even fully grown 1 or 2 alternate fleet's under the same leadership. Sure there are some new fleet's in the last 2-3 year's with only a tier 2-3 Starbase and maybe but a few Tier 1 or 2 fleet expansions.

Deciding to create a fleet is no small under taking and requires many players working toward a common goal with many others.

Armada's have attempted to address or help some smaller fleets by allowing more who can donate to fleet holdings. Still I think game designer's thought it better to add a Tier 5 holding than two or more Tier 3 holdings over the next 2-3 years. This latest fleet holding will likely take many mid to larger fleet possibly a year or two before it's fully complete. I don't think people should be upset; it's just a matter of prioritizing what a fleet builds or consider consolidating smaller fleet's within an Armada.

o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    For a while (last-2) any new fleet holding has really only been for the fleet leaders to increase their fleet credits to insane levels they really don't need. They only leave stuff they can't finish, or don't want to finish and the fleet is dying pretty fast. And while we are in a major armada with a dedicated web site/forum/etc. even that is dying.

I like the idea someone mentioned of an alliance holding.