test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holstered Phaser

tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
Any chance Starfleet can get a holstered Phaser at hip-level in the character customization, similar to the Klingon D'k tahg?

Something so player and Boffs can have a phaser at their hip, regardless of the weapons equipped.
tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    yes please, this would be nice to have even if it is just a uniform peice and not someting we can use. like the greneades on the merc uniform or on the omega armor
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    The Mirror universe uniforms have a dagger for feds, and the one belt from the Mercenary uniforms, makes a great holster.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    On this, look at the shows. Anytime you see armed Starfleet personnel they are either on security or an away team. Any other time they are not armed. This is lore concurrent, as they are not suppose to be armed at all times.
    The Mirror universe uniforms have a dagger for feds, and the one belt from the Mercenary uniforms, makes a great holster.

I beleive one of the vaaduar belts also has a holster on it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    On this, look at the shows. Anytime you see armed Starfleet personnel they are either on security or an away team. Any other time they are not armed. This is lore concurrent, as they are not suppose to be armed at all times.

I beleive one of the vaaduar belts also has a holster on it.

Some of my character's have duplicates of each bridge officer, one with a combat oriented uniform which those would be perfect on. Plus the player character can have a ton of uniforms, easy to make one an away team uniform.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You often see them go into ship-to-ship battles during the Dominion War with a Phaser at their hip, regardless of department. One of the movies also shows the crew getting Phasers from lockers and putting them on their hips before a ship-to-ship battle (unlikely to be security officers, since they should be armed by default).

This being a games set around war and other 'troubled times' where battle is the daily routine with a more militarized Starfleet than normal, lore would suggest this cosmetic option should already be available.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Just put a phaser in your secondary weapon slot and have it visible? Derp.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User

There is a visual difference between something holstered and something stuck on. It is this visual difference that the op is trying to make.

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Did you read the post or just skim the title?

Also, secondary's can't be visible and Boffs don't even have them.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »

I read it.

What I used to do..

I had a rifle and a phaser. You can easily switch between weapons by pressing 'Z' that way you can use your rifle in a firefight and switch to a holstered phaser when needs be.... Easy.

Your Boffs can have phaser pistols, you can carry rifles in your inventory and change it out when needs be. That's what I did.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I read it.

What I used to do..

I had a rifle and a phaser. You can easily switch between weapons by pressing 'Z' that way you can use your rifle in a firefight and switch to a holstered phaser when needs be.... Easy.

Your Boffs can have phaser pistols, you can carry rifles in your inventory and change it out when needs be. That's what I did.

I believe the OP's point is that it looks stupid to have a weapon glued to your hip and would look better if we could have a holster as a belt option, like the one used in TNG.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options

I read it.

What I used to do..

I believe the OP's point is that it looks stupid to have a weapon glued to your hip and would look better if we could have a holster as a belt option, like the one used in TNG.

Well... they aren't exactly glued to the hip. Most of the phasers I see actually tend to kind of float there, a couple inches off the hip. Plus most of the pistols are overly large. The best one I've found for this is the Polaron Operative one from the Survivor Episode.

Granted, I would prefer a thigh holster, over a belt holster here. You know, where the d'ktahg and terran knife would be on the thigh, have the pistol holstered there. The belt/waist area tends to have enough stuff covering it.

Also, on this, has anyone else noticed, that when you switch from pants to skirt, you lose the right hip attachment selection? I just noticed this while working on outfits for one of my Federation characters.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    LOL... accidently click quote, while trying to edit. Then the forum eats my edit. So I ended up quoting myself.
    Mm5NeXy.gif