test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ALERT DISTRESS CALL won't go away

severianne#0520 severianne Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have two big red blinking buttons on my screen that I can't seem to get rid of. They both say ALERT DISTRESS CALL. If I click one, it offers me the choice to warp somewhere. I do. Then I am offered the join to join a queue of some kind -- a Tholian queue, let's say. I click "Join ____ queue". The dialogue that offers me the queue blinks, and then stays there until I close it. There is no indication of a queue actually being joined, and the damned big red blinking ALERT DISTRESS CALL buttons are still there, blinking in my face. I have gone through these same steps many times over the past few days, with the same result.

Am I doing something wrong here? There has to be a way to get rid of these big red blinking buttons, hasn't there? I can't imagine that anyone at Cryptic said, "Yes, great: let's put a big red blinking button RIGHT IN THE USER'S FACE and not allow them to do anything about it. Players will love it!"

And then a second person said, "I like, yes, but -- stay with me, here -- what if we put TWO big red blinking buttons RIGHT IN THE USER'S FACE and not allow them to do anything about it?"

"Brilliant!"

I would be grateful for suggestions.
--
Champions Online Lifetime Subscriber
Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscriber
Post edited by severianne#0520 on

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Although I don't remember the exact spot, they can be turned off in the options. I don't have them turned off because the description of the options sounds like it also turns off some stuff I want to remain on.

I don't get the "RIGHT IN THE USER'S FACE" part though. Mine are at the bottom right of my screen, an area that's easy to ignore as all the action happens dead center. Since this was posted in the PC bug reports section, then that means you can most definitely rearrange your HUD like all the rest of us PC players and put the Alerts in an easy to ignore area if you don't want to turn them off.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • severianne#0520 severianne Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I don't want to hide the "pick up items" buttons or the "talk to the NPC" buttons. And even if I did, THOSE go away when you are done with them. I want to get rid of the HUGE RED BLINKING ALERT buttons.
    --
    Champions Online Lifetime Subscriber
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscriber