test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackguard Flight-Deck Assault Cruiser review

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
This is easily the most powerful ship I've ever used.

I have 3 fleet disuptor cannons, Nausicaan Beam Array, and the Nausicaan Dusruptor Torpedo up front.

In the back two fleet disruptor turrets and the Heavy Biomolecular Disruptor Turret.

Terran shields/impulse/warpcore/deflector.

Consoles Gorn Repair Platforms, Disruptor Point Defence Turret, Guardian Drones, IFF Manipulator, Fleet Enhanced RCS [resall], Fleet Enhanced Neutronium [Turn], Nausicaan Siphon Capacitor, Vulneriblity Locator, Auto targeting Module, Assimilated Module.

The IFF Manipulator alone is brutal.

Starship Traits Minority/Majority, Insult to Injury, Cooderinated Assault, Scramble Fighters.

Comments

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Played with my Blackguard again, wow, I just wish I knew how to use those apps that allow you to track you DPS, but I can't get them to work.

To be be fair Nausicaan Disruptor Torpedo, which I got specifically for this ship helps alot, especially when I unleash a torpedo spread, and wipe the shields out from targets, allowing my Elite Cutpurses to hit direct hull with photon torpedoes.

All Call Emergency Artillery is awesome.

Command Specialization is grossly under rated by people.

The combo of 3 disruptor single cannons, Nausicaan disruptor beam array, and Nausicaan Disruptor Torp is brutal.

Great hull, and good shields, that frankly work better then the shields on ships with a higher amount of shield points for some reason.

People really under rate this ship.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Good to hear about it's performance, thanks for sharing your current build with it too, lordgyor, & you seem to be enjoying it. Hopefully the Pralim & the Silik perform just as well. I'll definitely have to consider it the next time it is on sale.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Glad to see a review and someone just enjoying the ship rather than going on about dps scores.
    If you enjoy flying it and feel it is a good ship for your style then it's ticking all the right boxes and you can't fault that.
    SulMatuul.png
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Glad to see a review and someone just enjoying the ship rather than going on about dps scores.
    If you enjoy flying it and feel it is a good ship for your style then it's ticking all the right boxes and you can't fault that.

Here here exactly, well stated.

Also, I'm envious of your ship there, & I really like that awesome dark blue/purplish background!
    > @nommo#5819 said:
    > lordsteve1 wrote: »
    >
    > Glad to see a review and someone just enjoying the ship rather than going on about dps scores.
    > If you enjoy flying it and feel it is a good ship for your style then it's ticking all the right boxes and you can't fault that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Here here exactly, well stated.
    >
    > Also, I'm envious of your ship there, & I really like that awesome dark blue/purplish background!

What ship, I'm on mobile and I don't see Lordsteven's ship?
    > @nommo#5819 said:
    > Good to hear about it's performance, thanks for sharing your current build with it too, lordgyor, & you seem to be enjoying it. Hopefully the Pralim & the Silik perform just as well. I'll definitely have to consider it the next time it is on sale.

Thank you. The Pralim has the exact same stats, the Pralim and the Blackguard are brothers from a different mother, while the Silik Trades hull for Battle Cloak, but still has good hull and every other element is the same as the Blackguard and Pralim, so for the Silik just compensate abit for the hull and use battle cloak tactics when it suits you (will rarely be needed as I only ever come close to dying from rubber banding, doing something super stupid, or eventually after being surrounded by myself with a ton of tholian ships, even them I last for a lot longer and take out alot more ships).
    > @lordsteve1 said:
    > Glad to see a review and someone just enjoying the ship rather than going on about dps scores.
    > If you enjoy flying it and feel it is a good ship for your style then it's ticking all the right boxes and you can't fault that.

Yeah its funboth from a game play side and RP.

PS the back end is where the Hangar Bay doors are (you can tell this when using Terran Shields) its the big arch above the engines, with the Terran skin, you can see two huge doors with a clasp in the centre.

Although the fighter hard point is the very tip of the nose for some reason.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    I'm enjoying it immensely as well, also ignoring the meta and have a 47k DPS shield-piercing concentration damage build.
    I'm running the full nausicaan set with two disruptor omni beams and 4x Elachi DBB's using BO3 and HY2. I find it also to be a n incredibly tanky ship and the I.F.F. console is just a boatload of fun!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    But there is one downfall. THERE IS NO UNIQUE BRIDGE. That one really, really hurts.