test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TNG Anniversary Giveaway

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Actually... I believe the reason we all thought the Anniversary giveaway would be earlier was because they never actually gave us a firm date for the giveaway. We just assumed it would coinside with the launch of Beyond the Nexus, which features a TNG Interior and Levar Burton reprising his role as Geordi LaForge. Just like most of us assumed the TNG Bridge would be available to buy at the same time too.

We've been proven wrong, so all we can do is wait and see.

STILL want a TNG bundle ala DS9 and TOS bundles. Mah Zen... is ready. I'll even buy an Arbiter. Otherwise I'm gonna get the Intrepid pack.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This is like the THIRD Thread on this. They will be blabbing it up all over the place when it comes in probably two weeks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    I'm gonna go ahead and confirm that it won't be just one day.
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    How do giveaways work? I've not been present for one yet.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User

Usually, you just go to the 'Promotions' tab of the C-Store and claim the new item there, once it becomes available.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I can understand if there is problems with it it is better to delay if there is problems but if you look at there history they did more release with bugs then not. Right on player base if they release on time they complain If late they complain the way it is for players I don't mind waiting in all honesty but you make players wait you have to make sure there is no problems with the launch like there was for LOR Delta and many others tat had bugs on release. That is what I mean by bad releases they where on time filled with bugs not addressed is some rare cases some of those bugs still in game. If they delay it that is fine for bugs or problems not an issue in my book but if you do that then make sure you get ALL OF THE BUGS that are there and not just a few. IF players say hey it broke this don't ignore it immediately respond and ask what happened where questions to get more information if possible. IF you look in the bug thread many are not addressed still. SO hopefully they don't release a bug riddle patch when it does come out they already had that happen with the current add on missions and still finding issues.

Hi, welcome to MMOs. I hope that you enjoy them. I mean this must be your first if you think that this isn't common among the industry. The leading MMO has over 300 forum pages of bug reports just this year so far.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

Usually, you just go to the 'Promotions' tab of the C-Store and claim the new item there, once it becomes available.

Thanks
  • alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I had been under the impression that we would see something on the 14th, but I think I may have been associating that with the new season being season 14 . I assume that there will be a news update somewhat prior to the giveaway/event though.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
    Yeah, they will yak it up real good when the time comes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The anniversary is the 28th. People somehow think it sohuld have happened yesterday because people made **** up and blabbert it out on reddit or some wiki. It's not Cryptic's fault.​​

In a way it is Cryptics fault why they did not release and actual date when they announced that slapped players in the face they waited till this happened to actually say something. On top of that there history proves more failures to do something then actual action to either A correct it and or B fix it so it works the first time overtime isn't hard to double check ones work.

Huh?

I would ignore him. Mindless rambling and raging for no real reason.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I have already stated this multiple times in other threads....

The TNG anniversary is Sept 28th, the date when the 1st TNG episode aired on TV.
    She's German.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Actually... I believe the reason we all thought the Anniversary giveaway would be earlier was because they never actually gave us a firm date for the giveaway. We just assumed it would coinside with the launch of Beyond the Nexus, which features a TNG Interior and Levar Burton reprising his role as Geordi LaForge. Just like most of us assumed the TNG Bridge would be available to buy at the same time too.

We've been proven wrong, so all we can do is wait and see.

STILL want a TNG bundle ala DS9 and TOS bundles. Mah Zen... is ready. I'll even buy an Arbiter. Otherwise I'm gonna get the Intrepid pack.

Don't forget the Phaser reward from the mission!

It will probably be free TNG costumes.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    Yes wouldn't be the first time they failed to deliver something on time they did it with the LOR expansion and didn't deliver a whole faction like promised and any the add on since really. As you can tell been playing game a long time and have been let let for a very long time so my faith in theme is not very much.

They did in fact deliver a whole faction as promised. It's that their definition of a whole faction is apparently different than yours.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    > @repetitiveepic said:
    > spielman#2520 wrote: »
    >
    > chiyoumiku wrote: »
    >
    > spielman#2520 wrote: »
    >
    > angrytarg wrote: »
    >
    > The anniversary is the 28th. People somehow think it sohuld have happened yesterday because people made **** up and blabbert it out on reddit or some wiki. It's not Cryptic's fault.​​
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In a way it is Cryptics fault why they did not release and actual date when they announced that slapped players in the face they waited till this happened to actually say something. On top of that there history proves more failures to do something then actual action to either A correct it and or B fix it so it works the first time overtime isn't hard to double check ones work.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually it is NOT their fault. You can commit to a date and if something comes up that hinders the update or release, lilke the bugs with Season 13.5 on console, they have to delay it. Besides if they roll stuff out on time, people complain, if they don't, people complain. There is no pleasing people, especially on the internet. I think we should have to wait for the week of the actual anniversary for the giveways. Rolling the FE out when they did wasd to tide us over til the giveway/october.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I can understand if there is problems with it it is better to delay if there is problems but if you look at there history they did more release with bugs then not. Right on player base if they release on time they complain If late they complain the way it is for players I don't mind waiting in all honesty but you make players wait you have to make sure there is no problems with the launch like there was for LOR Delta and many others tat had bugs on release. That is what I mean by bad releases they where on time filled with bugs not addressed is some rare cases some of those bugs still in game. If they delay it that is fine for bugs or problems not an issue in my book but if you do that then make sure you get ALL OF THE BUGS that are there and not just a few. IF players say hey it broke this don't ignore it immediately respond and ask what happened where questions to get more information if possible. IF you look in the bug thread many are not addressed still. SO hopefully they don't release a bug riddle patch when it does come out they already had that happen with the current add on missions and still finding issues.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Do they legit not teach people how to write anymore in school?

Legitimately.
    I wonder if it is the DVD or Blu-ray Edition of TNG they are giving away? ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I wonder if it is the DVD or Blu-ray Edition of TNG they are giving away? ;)
    Betamax edition, obviously.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    If the giveaway will be really 28th, then i'm afraid i will not make it - i will be somewhere without any acces to internet from 24th to 30th ... :/
    ... oh well, i will survive :)
    Don't give up hope, could be multi-day giveaways.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Don't give up hope, could be multi-day giveaways.
    Kael confirmed it'll be more than a day in another thread about the giveaway:
    I'm gonna go ahead and confirm that it won't be just one day.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    two days: one for a uniform, the second for a shuttle? it still wouldn't mean there would be a difference in the rewards be it one day or multiple days. Some more information would be nice to have coming to this event.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User

For ships, you have to be able to use a ship to claim it. That means the character needs to be the right faction and level. Once you've claimed it on one character, it's the same as if you've bought it.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Thread: TNG ANNIVERSARY, ONE DAY ONLY? (DEAD COMPUTER) @snowwolf
    Thread: TNG GIVEAWAY? @thecoffinfly

tUxKHgA.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Honestly, I thought the "BIG DEAL" was the 50th of TOS which had it's anniversary on the 8th. I was kinda hoping for some kinda thing that day. Oh well TNGs 30th is good too.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!