test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD FOR Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding!

Please use this thread to post any feedback or issues found on the Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding!
  • Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding
    1. With Season 14: Emergence, Dranuur Colony will become available as a new joint Lukari-Kentari-themed Fleet Holding, available to all Fleets in Star Trek Online.
    2. Player fleets will be presented with a full-sized Holding, comprised of a primary track and three subtracks, each with five tiers of progression.
      1. Each tier and subtrack will offer fleets new improvements to their Colony World holding, as well as access to new equipment, and new gameplay options.
    3. Remember, this is still a work in progress!

Comments

• aaronstone117aaronstone117 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    One of the Bridges on the Island is not solid on one side. As shown in this photo.
    http://prntscr.com/glbwq2
    KillSwitch - Sad Pandas
  • aaronstone117aaronstone117 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    the next bridge is not solid on both sides. Seems to be the same bridge model so you could most likely just fix the initial model to fix both bridges, I'll check the rest of the bridges to make sure that it is a model glitch
    KillSwitch - Sad Pandas
  • spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 241 Media Corps
    I'm not sure the change in how "Provisions" are acquired is going to work out so well. Will really hurt many older or smaller fleets that don't have that large of a playerbase nowadays.

Are the colony (luxury / battery / ore) provision requirements currently accurate? Seemed a bit excessive.

What are all of the sources of the Luxury, Battery, and Ore Provisions?

Ultimately, was a bit frustrated with the high requirements so far. Having built up numerous fleets before, and working with many smaller fleets over the years, with what we saw here, the change to how Provisions are obtained and how many are needed could devastate smaller groups.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    The Colony is big... Very Big! However Colony Transporters is an Infrastructure T5 Project Unlock. Could we get the ability earlier or incrementally unlocked starting at lower levels?
    There is a lot of water and a beach unlock, is there any possibility that we can get an unlock to use our Powerboards?
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    nice map plz let us use our floaters and boards on this map plz plz ,and we could beam down with our 4 bridge crew !!
    in one foundry map even my crew have used floaters ...
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I can only really echo the sentiments here.

1) The special inputs for the 3 tracks are excessive. Player volume has died down. I'd care to wager most fleets will stall out very quickly past Tier 1 or 2.

2) The map is lovely, but it's huge. Getting from one point to another will take time. Is there a way to unlock transporters, floater, and/or powerboard use at some point before the end of the overall progression? (I am aware a user here said transporters are available, but only after Tier 5).
    * For example, from the mining mini-game for one of the track's inputs back to the base is about 2 minutes and 15 seconds at a sprint without Frosted Boots and only following the obvious path.

3) On the Tribble server, the test package has 200 of each special new input per box. Can this be increased to a full stack (999) of each per box? Each project takes at least 1,700, if I remember the Tier 1 inputs correctly.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    You know I just came her to say the same thing about floaters. I just checked out the map and was thinking man this would be a good place to explore with a jet pack and was thinking that it would be a safe place for them to do that out side of Risa. Glad to see others feel the same way.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    do you need to be in a fleet to get to the holdings?
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Colony Map too big to not have beamout option available everywhere. Having to run across the entire map to a beamout point is a huge pain and inconvenience.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • valda7of3valda7of3 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Falling through some of the stairways in the buildings. Ramps to bridges need remapped

Fleet holdings Morale and Renewable Energy have stopped at Tier 4.

Could use some transporter pads on the Island too much walking.

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I must agree with those saying that special input requirements are excessive. Even more so since all of them can only be aquired by playing one of three mini-games scattered across the (huge) map.

I like the general idea of fleet members being required to actively work at their colony to build it up. But "Work" is an appropriate term here. It will take fleet members hours and hours to grind for enough special ressources for their colony projects.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    valda7of3 wrote: »
    Falling through some of the stairways in the buildings. Ramps to bridges need remapped

I can confirm this. I got stuck after falling through the stairs.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    2. I tried to go up the stairs in the area behind the security and tactical officers on the fleet colony. I fell through the stairs and got stuck behind the walls.

Also, after I completed a mission to collect 250 battery provisions, I only received 125.

I have to echo the sentiments of some of the other players. I didn't have the chance to test the automatic resource collection, but I hope it actually works, because it's extremely unrealistic to expect people to spend hours playing mini-games in order to collect the necessary battery, luxury, and ore provisions. It's also unrealistic to expect most fleets to be able to field a full team of 20 players for the invasion simulations. I would expect only the largest fleets to have that many players online at the same time. I hope that non-fleet-members will be able to participate and earn rewards, because that's the only way I can see being able to get enough players. Note that I actually tested this. Non-fleet-members can be invited to the colony map and can fight in the simulation. But I don't know if they earn any rewards, because we failed the simulation due to a lack of players. Without the test packs on Drozana, I don't see how one can realistically fill the provision requirements.

One last thing: It was not clear to me at first how to beam out. You have to talk to the NPC near the beginning. The map is very large. It would be quite inconvenient to have to come talk to this NPC every time you need to beam out.
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited September 2017
    So I visited the colony today. I found the edge and it was trippy.
    https://i.imgur.com/gPQksT4.png

Mittens wanted to explore unfortunately the solar collectors were just out of range to see if they were solid.
    https://i.imgur.com/1OcNAVn.jpg

So he went for a hike and took in the sites. I thought the hill were covered in plant life. Instead the surfaces were covered in giant green spider splats.
    https://i.imgur.com/wG7ff9z.jpg

The tallest point was too steep to climb. He fell off once and got wedged in a crevice. It took 10 minutes to dislodge himself. Maybe some other time.
    https://i.imgur.com/wfH43vl.jpg

So he look out to distance lands. Look a far away mountain.
    https://i.imgur.com/jsADWBZ.jpg

Unfortunately the distant island is floating on nothing and he fell off the planet.
    https://i.imgur.com/gdxETcB.jpg

If he didn't fall off he was sinking for a very long time... with sky around him... I hope these cloudy deeps don't have kiler squidnadoes.
    https://i.imgur.com/Et5IDtZ.jpg
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    6ulzKjf.jpg
    mmmm What is this?

VhmTSB2.jpg
    There is a constant fire alarm sound going on it's irritating
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    gentleman

after 3h of loading the content to the tribble section , entering a new fleeet und going to drafur
    i like to say

i AM totaly disapointed (!) , what you have done with that wunderful new map

i am not moooring to the sort of minigames , all old and hundert times played
    at least we see them a couple of times a year in other events

what me wonder if that completly ignoring of all what we have payed and owned before

- captain must WALKING huge distance no Transporters , no shuttles and even NO JETPACK OR HOVERBOARD
    - perfect place for new romulus teleporter grid

- the captain of a starship has to come down and himself must load batterys, drill for dil (?) and hut for partikels
    - damm whatever for we have DUTY OFFICERS ONBOARD ?????????

sorry gentleman

thats a story event much much under the line we can do here in the game !
    i dont think i can get somebody in my fleet to spare time for such a low episode !

if we had the opinion to build complex after complex here
    i.e. after a plan of what we have to bringing here from other colonys or marketplaces
    and doing some quest here , or even some defence against attacks

then it would had be fine

but this ?

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    1) The beam out option needs to be available everywhere, not just from one NPC in the middle of the huge map. This is a massive annoyance.

2) Ideal location for floaters and powerboard usage, it really is. The map is massive and it could add a nice new twist to it if these could be used. Also gives fleets the option to create their own race tracks i guess if they wanted in-fleet events.

3) I'm really not sure that those minigames are the best way to gather resources. I can see players just getting bored of the grind after a small amount of time. Mini fleets will seriously struggle. It's already a grindfest just gathering flarks for this sort of thing, no need to add new grinds to pile on top.

4) There's some weird sound effects going on in places, that "fire alarm" one mentioned up-thread.

5) i managed to get stuck under the water at the back of the main building where those rotating planter thingies are. The "coral" seemed to get me stuck.
    SulMatuul.png
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    The Transporters unlock should be available at Tier 1 imho. Whats the point of having them at Tier 5 when you dont longer need them???

The resources are astronomical, they should be like halved or quartered if we are talking realistic numbers here...

Also yeah, floaters and surf boards would be just awsome in the new map :)

As much as cool the shuttles are, coming and going, wouldve loved to see a Lukaari ship landed :)
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Designer Dragon once said 'The client is in the hands of the enemy.' and after finishing this holding on tribble I come to the conclusion that you really really hate the enemy.

On paper the resource collection via minigames might have looked good but the execution is horrible.

I assume using missions as wrappers was to provide some visibility on the collection 'cooldowns'. However, the wrapper missions ask for 250 collected, which requires an almost perfectly executed particle collection (score 2000+) and/or mining/radiation scan (735+). Nobody human will achieve that reliable all the time. Not a problem just do another minigame after the first right? WRONG. After your first resource node interaction additional nodes won't yield any resources (will complete the mission though after 'some' time). So you fraked up and only got 25 provisions? Frell you, come back in one hour. There are other extremely fun quirks that bugger you up pretty good:
    - Being teamed and your teammate completes 'his' resource collection? Your mission will autocomplete too.
    - Someone else is already using that resource node? Better not start collecting else you will get no provisions.

Don't get me started on the one hour cooldown for the wrapper missions. I get that something should be in place to prevent bots from mining though I have the distinct feeling that such a large cooldown will annoy the real players more than botters. If you have a couple dozen clients running on your background machine you don't really care if their progress is minuscule, someone actually sitting in front of the screen might disagree.

In my book the wrapper missions either should ask for an amount that is achievable more easily (at current levels I'd say 200 provisions) or allow for a second successful collection if you did't meet the quota. Overachieving should be an option too. Dirty old trick to please the mind. They asked for X but I am so good that I managed more with my first try. I must be really good at this.

And because I have some twisted sense of curiosity I really want to know who came up with the ludicrous amounts of provisions projects need at higher tiers.
    918,000 provisions for the Tier V upgrade. At an optimistic 200 per minigame that is 4.590 collections. Almost 77 hours of consecutive minigames. Add some 'optimistic' traveltime I'd say five minutes per node collection is more realistic. And suddenly we are at roughly 380 hours playtime. That doesn't make sense for the original fleet holding mantra (Holdings are balanced so 10 persons can complete them), and even for a fleet with 50 unique players it would be an 8 hour stretch per person.
    The colony invasion really would need to bury us with provisions for any of the numbers to start making sense at all.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
    Another bug with the provisions is if the is even a couple in the overflow bank the entire thing cannot be contributed and you can only donate the amount that is in bank and inventory even though the slider includes the over flow.

If you have 999 provisions in the bank, 999 in your inventory and 2 in you overflow it will show 2000 in the slider and if you donate it will fail unless the slider is at 1998 or less. Once you get them out of overflow then you can donate the whole thing.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I spent a couple of days ranking the colony for T1 to T5. I MUST say that I truly HATED going through the process from T3 and up. The amount of provisions needed is ludicrous...especially for smaller fleets! Like others have mentioned, you offer a Beach project, why not give us the ability to use our Floaters and Hoverboards there. Frosty Boots are definitely a must for that map.

Out of all the mini-games, the Radiation Scan will be most problematic because you are not getting the full 250 provisions from the scan; instead, you are getting part of the 250, which means you must play that mini-game more than once--unlike the other two mini-games.

Another annoying issue I encountered was that in order to leave this map, you have to return back to the Security Officer at the Colony. Why can't we have the option to beam back to our ship to leave like we do in other holdings? I can only assume that this copy-paste from the Starbase, which is the only holding that forces you to return to the transporter to leave. In this case, this feature should be adjusted like the other non-starbase holdings.

Also, could you lower the volume to the mechanical sounds at the Colony--specifically the drill mining at the Colony and the rotator at the back of the Colony? They are just too loud in my opinion compared to other ambient sounds.

Right now, from what I have seen on Tribble, I cannot justify spending time or resources doing this holding. Maybe if the gear being offered there was top of the line or this "Lukari ship" was T6U/T7. But even then, the amount of running to get to the points to grind and shelling out such a huge amount provisions make it undesirable to do. Maybe the automation will change all that, but for now, I don't expect to ever complete this holding on Holodeck; at best, I can see us stopping at T3.

18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    More fun 'features' for resource collection:

- Mining a node progresses the wrapper mission for everybody on the map. The others obviously do 'not' get provisions.
    - Mining a node on a map belonging to another fleet will progress the mission but not give provisions either.
    - Using the teleporters on a map belonging to another fleet will put you in a different instance.
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Payout of special provisions needs to be consistent for the time invested. 30 waves of invasion takes 40 minutes and pays 3x600. I can rotate at least 15 chars in that time and do the minigame on them resulting in 15x250 provisions. As others have said, the provision requirements are insane if these are the only two ways to acquire them. Take the opportunity to make this a dil sink and make them purchasable. Or better yet - get rid of special provisions all together and use the resources already in the game.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    And because I have some twisted sense of curiosity I really want to know who came up with the ludicrous amounts of provisions projects need at higher tiers.

I will add to that and ask: Why timegating provisions for an already timegated project?

---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • pmarquardtpmarquardt Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    The Colony Tailor doesn't work, although the project for it has been completed. Also, where is the Colony Transporter? It does not seem to unlock after completing the Infrastructure Tier 5 upgrade.

Could the Colony provision Tester Packs be separated?. It is kinda annoying, when you get thousands of unneeded provisions, when you try to upgrade something that needs thousands of just one kind of provisions.
    pmarquardt wrote: »
    [...]Also, where is the Colony Transporter?[...]

They are really really small with two open door interacts. From the colony security officer head into the direction of the bank console and go past it on the right side.

This is what happens when you build them in the correct size. Players do not find them.

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Any chance I can get a fleet invite to a fleet on tribble as nobody on server would respond, and without a fleet no testing is possible. mosna@dirlettia please. And really having an easy way to get into a fleet on the test sever is a must for updates like this.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    1. We don't earn any fleet credits for contributing luxury, battery, and ore provisions. Is this intended?

2. It's still not clear to me how the automated resource collection is supposed to work. Is it completely automatic? If so, when during the day does it occur?

3. I completed three resource-gathering missions: one to collect 250 luxury provisions, one to collect 250 battery provisions, and one to collect 250 ore provisions. After completing the missions, I received only 200 luxury provisions, 125 battery provisions, and 125 ore provisions. It seems that each of these missions allows you to play the mini-game twice, but only reward you for the first time, and the number of rewards is inconsistent.

4. The luxury provision mini-game still refers to Omega particle stabilization, and the battery provision mini-game still refers to radiation scans.

5. The "Omega" mini-game still suffers from the bug where it mysteriously ends before time is up.

6. What is the purpose of having two projects with the same rewards, but different requirements (one of them is more expensive)?

Develop Morale IV: https://i.imgur.com/eI8PrqW.png
    Provision Personal Fleet Equipment from Morale IV: https://i.imgur.com/KPSNmHG.png

Develop Infrastructure V: https://i.imgur.com/cgJklVb.png
    Provision Personal Fleet Equipment from Infrastructure V: https://i.imgur.com/rpmZ6Nd.png

Conduct Renewable Energy Research IV: https://i.imgur.com/lmV0QwN.png
    Provision Personal Fleet Equipment from Renewable IV: https://i.imgur.com/HrRHw2T.png

7. Make up your mind on how you want to describe the doff requirements. I have seen all of the following:

"Tactical or Security Duty Officers"
    "Tactical and Security Department Duty Officers"
    "Engineering or Operations Duty Officers"
    "Engineering and Operation Department Duty Officers" (note it says "Operation", not "Operations")
    "Science or Medical Duty Officers"
    "Science and Medical Department Duty Officers"
    "Common Science or Medical Duty Officers." (note the period)

The descriptions are inconsistent not only for the colony holding, but across all the fleet holdings. Personally, I would keep it simple and just use the shortest description for each:

"Tactical or Security Duty Officers"
    "Engineering or Operations Duty Officers"
    "Science or Medical Duty Officers"

Text like this should be automatically generated based on the requirement type. You shouldn't be manually editing this text separately for each fleet project; it's error-prone and leads to inconsistencies like the ones above.

8. The descriptions of some of the fleet projects are incomplete. They contain sentences like "Includes" (no period, just "Includes"). Includes what?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Tone down the requirements of those projects, otherwise, and this time for real, noone's going to do the new holding...