test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TNG Galaxy Class Bridge

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
When are we gonna get the Galaxy Class Bridge Set?
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    I was expecting some more stuff today.. Like a TNG bridge pack or bundle? When will this be coming??
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Sir Patrick has your answer right here....

The actual anniversary is the 28th, so this may be coming then. I'd find it hard to believe if there wasn't a new ship/interior pack in the C-Store with this.

Well the actual anniversary of TNG is, the anniversary for the entire franchise would be the TOS original air date which was the 8th.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User

The actual anniversary is the 28th, so this may be coming then. I'd find it hard to believe if there wasn't a new ship/interior pack in the C-Store with this.

I wish Cryptic would announce things much further out and keep hyping them up. >.> Instead of leaving us in the dark and making us depend on rumors. But thanks for the info. :)
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • vanhine78vanhine78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    they haf the Release date for the Galaxy class ship interior ser for today (sept 12, 2017) https://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Their link in that wiki page is the blog that announced almost everything on that page, and nowhere in that blog does it mention that they'll ever be selling the Galaxy interior. I'd be shocked if they didn't sell it, mind you, but there's no info in that link that says they will, today or any day. The only thing in the linked blog that was confirmed for today is what we got, the new FE.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The FE's main purpose was to show off the new Galaxy Interior. They usually release C-Store stuff on Thursday. We will be getting the Allied Flight Deck Crusiers then. If they have an intro/promo Sale price it is normally for the first Weekend of availability.

As others have stated, the TNG Anniversary isn't for two weeks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    well why are they not releasing it

They held back the Voyager interior for a month after we saw it in the first real episode of Delta Rising.

They held back Pilot ships for about 2 weeks after we saw them in Delta Flight.

Sometimes they hold things back for a bit to find the right place to put them, or to avoid over-saturating the market. In this case, it might be timing it to release on the anniversary date.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    I was expecting some more stuff today.. Like a TNG bridge pack or bundle? When will this be coming??

Your expectations are not our (or Cryptic's) problem. ;)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Next month together with the TNG lock box. It will be the first Lobi ship interior you can buy. Best guess for the cost rage from 400 to 600 Lobi.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

I'm beginning to doubt there will even be a Galaxy interior pack. :( The mission interior was only half done (assuming there would be no point in *not* showing us the rest if they had more). This saddens me greatly. And @ambassadorkael#6946 has ignored so many (of my) questions about this, it's becoming embarrassing asking him about it again. Where is Trendy when you need her?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Next month together with the TNG lock box. It will be the first Lobi ship interior you can buy. Best guess for the cost rage from 400 to 600 Lobi.

If they release it as a lobi item, the forums are so going to rage.

Not saying you're wrong.. just saying that things are going to get heated around here. I know most people are expecting it to be in the C-Store.

We shall see. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.

Not saying you're wrong.. just saying that things are going to get heated around here. I know most people are expecting it to be in the C-Store.

Yea that’s all we can do. :)

I guess even more diabolic would be to make it exclusive to a galaxy class promo ship re-release. >:)
    animated.gif
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Where is Trendy when you need her?!

Cryptic has no need of employees that actually care about the player base.

Don't ask questions, just pay money for things, then buy more things when we nerf the first things!

The current administration isn't going to answer your questions, they don't care. :(

Yea that’s all we can do. :)

I guess even more diabolic would be to make it exclusive to a galaxy class promo ship re-release. >:)

Haha.. I never even considered that option.

I wouldn't put it past them.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    But we already have a T6 Galaxy in the C-store as well as T6 Gal X, making it a promo ship makes no sense what so ever
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      But we already have a T6 Galaxy in the C-store as well as T6 Gal X, making it a promo ship makes no sense what so ever

With the Voyager bundle, they bound the interior to the whole Intrepid deal (only very sporadically making the interior available as a stand-alone package). So, if it's going to be tied to a ship, it's gotta be either something we haven't seen yet, or as a purchasable addition to our existing ships (hoping for the latter).
      3lsZz0w.jpg
      edited September 2017
      Cryptic knows we want it and that it is likely to be a huge success. We have 1,5B EC ships in game which are far less desirable.

After the Constitution, Defiant and Voyager this is the 4rth interior they release. Last one was almost three years ago and the way to sell it was different from the way before. I doubt we can count on any form of consistency after such a time and rather should count on Cryptic’s ambition to generate revenue.

I for my part have no problems at all if the players of this game would need to pay an arm and leg for it. I rather see this game bankrolled over such stuff than more power creep again.

Oh yea and I’m almost looking forward to tell everybody “You don’t need to have this interior in order to be successful in game”. :D
      animated.gif
    • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
      vanhine78 wrote: »
      they haf the Release date for the Galaxy class ship interior ser for today (sept 12, 2017) https://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content
      That's NOT what the official blog says.
      In fact, on September 12th, we’ll be releasing a brand new episode on PC (and soon after on console), “Beyond the Nexus,” that allows your captain to team up with Captain La Forge.[...]Not only that, but that adventure will take place in a brand new, fully remodeled Galaxy interior. Our environment artists have lovingly recreated the home of the cast from The Next Generation, and we can’t wait for you to see it.[...]We’ll also have server-wide giveaways of the TNG Skant Uniform and the Type 7 Shuttle to celebrate the anniversary of this landmark television show.

While you could argue they did release an interior:
      -it's only for the episode as a preview
      -you'll also notice that in the episode, the interior is damaged (especially Ten Forward) while on the blog screenshots, it is intact. Plus, the blog shows quarters you don't have access to in the episode.

So I doubt they'd recreate a fully intact interior, with more available rooms, in full in-game 3D, just to be used in screenshots for a blog and not making it available.

While Cryptic and PWE higher-ups can make some very questionable decisions, they're not that <insert adequate offensive adjective here> to go:
      "-Hey guys, it's the TNG Anniversary soon! What are we gonna do for our playerbase for that?
      -You're gonna give money to environment devs to make a full, canonically accurate interior of the Galaxy-class!
      -Cool, the players are gonna be happy to pay for that!
      -Pay? Hahahaha! Because you think we're gonna waste money into producing something and share it, even if we're paid for that! Hahahaha, oh, you're so funny! Na, this bridge is only gonna be used as a model for 3 screenshots on a blog. They'll just get a skant and a shuttle and a damaged version of the interior with no room to explore for just one short episode!
      -But... why?
      -Because the schadenfreude will be worth the price! Don't forget, Lex Luthor once spent millions for a presidential race, just to tick off Superman! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
      -you'll also notice that in the episode, the interior is damaged (especially Ten Forward) while on the blog screenshots, it is intact. Plus, the blog shows quarters you don't have access to in the episode.

So I doubt they'd recreate a fully intact interior, with more available rooms, in full in-game 3D, just to be used in screenshots for a blog and not making it available.

Those are good points. :)
      3lsZz0w.jpg
    • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
      meimeitoo wrote: »
      I'm beginning to doubt there will even be a Galaxy interior pack. :( The mission interior was only half done (assuming there would be no point in *not* showing us the rest if they had more). This saddens me greatly. And @ambassadorkael#6946 has ignored so many (of my) questions about this, it's becoming embarrassing asking him about it again. Where is Trendy when you need her?!

His hands could be tied by a non-disclosure contract so although the interior is announced he can't discuss the contents until it is fully revealed.

Plus Trendy back ! no thanks. I think these forums have been far better without her. Since she left I haven't gone into threads and seen hordes of randomly banned accounts, looked at post history and seen no reason for a ban. The moderators have far more freedom and give ample warning and have better interaction with us users under Ambassadorkael.

All in all personally i'm happy with the change in community manager.

and on another personal note I appreciate the time it takes to make content, but as there is very little to do in the interior of a starship and its nothing more than roleplay/space Barbie, i'd rather they'd have dedicated those man hours to actual content you can play rather than roaming the halls of an empty map.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
      Or they intend to use it for multiple episodes or missions.

I think introducing bridges was a mistake on Cryptic's part. They serve little purpose (outside those bridges with bank/mail/exchange access). Customizable exteriors and outfits for characters make sense. You can actually enjoy that level of customization during normal play. Unique bridges have no gameplay value.

The ability to set up and customize trophies might have worked. You could collect those accolades and hang unique trophies in your ready room or mess hall. Too bad they ditched the entire system with Legacy of Romulus.
    • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
      You know the Lobi Store is not a Bad idea it might actually be kind of intursting to have the sets there and also there is a T6 Galaxy X I have it its called the USS Yamato I think it should be at lest 350 400 Crystals in the store through since its a Set to allow people to actually get it and if they allow it in the EC Oh Man that will be a Hot ticket item like the NX Refit that was a Good idea to put in
      May the Shwartz Be With You
      CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      I'd be very happy if the TNG Battle Bridge was available as a bridge
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
        edited September 2017
        There is a new specialization coming, Miracle Worker I believe. I can see them selling another Galaxy Class that is class specific with the bridge. Seems like something they would do. Buy the ship unlock the bridge.
        Plus Trendy back ! no thanks. I think these forums have been far better without her. Since she left I haven't gone into threads and seen hordes of randomly banned accounts, looked at post history and seen no reason for a ban.

Trendy was awesome! And yes, she didn't put up with sometimes very abusive comments (especially towards women) Good on her! And the reason you couldn't tell from their posting history, is because she had the deceny to edit the vulgarity out first, prior to banning).
        The moderators have far more freedom and give ample warning and have better interaction with us users under Ambassadorkael.

The CM outranks a moderator, by far. A certain moderator found this out the hard way, when he went over the line, and found himelf canned the very same day. A CM speaks ex ore PWE; you can't beat that. :)
        3lsZz0w.jpg
      • colinus#1809 colinus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
        NO i want that interior please place in C-store or replace the old Galaxy Bridge with this one
        been a gold player since may 20th 2014
        o:)