test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrating Star Trek's 51st Birthday with ZEFilms!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
It's the 51st anniversary of the first episode of Star Trek airing, and we asked superstar in-game filmmaker ZEFilms to make us a little tribute. Check it out here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10635594

Comments

• megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    That is cool. Was expecting little nods to the other Enterprise ships even if they appeared once. This is good still.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Great work!
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    I hate to be that guy, but I do have to nitpick a little on the 1701-D having those extra bits on top of the nacelles.

Otherwise, nice work.
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    darthwoo wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy, but I do have to nitpick a little on the 1701-D having those extra bits on top of the nacelles.

Otherwise, nice work.

Lol...I was going to also nitpick on the Ent-A being from STTMP-VI....
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »

Otherwise, nice work.

the Ent-A wasn't from TMP-TUC, it was from TVH-TUC; it replaced the original kirk self-destructed over Genesis​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Nicely done Cryptic & by ZEFilms Productions too for the work & effort which usually is top-notch. I good montage film celebrating Star Trek.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    The movies in which the refitted NCC-1701 and the built from the 'ground-up' NCC-1701-A was from 1979 to 1991, not 1971.

Mind you, the refit was originally created for Star Trek: Phase II when Paramount was originally going to create a new channel Paramount Television Service (long before UPN). After making a new model for the Enterprise, they had to keep the older costumes from the original show. It was originally going to air May 1978, but it was considered cheaper to just make a movie rather than go headlong into creating a new channel.

So, it may well be said 1978-1971, but officially it would be 1979 when TMP was released.
  • defraggerdefragger Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Well what you don't know,is THAT GUY is Selfless,and made a little Girls dream come true.He might not be up to par to your standards,but yet HE takes his spare time to remind us that our love of Star Trek should never die.Have you any idea how much time he puts into this?
    Albeit may not be "Cannon" to you,but it brings back memories for me.It is a very intricate process through this creation stage.I commend,and salute you,ZEF Films\m/.Like most of us you could be grinding the game,but you remind us of how it came about,and how it revolves.And again he gave me great advice.So before you judge him,Imagine doing it yourself to cannon with such intricacy.We should be greatful that such people love the game...And ty Allen \m/

Braindrain\m/
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    darakoss wrote: »

Otherwise, nice work.

the Ent-A wasn't from TMP-TUC, it was from TVH-TUC; it replaced the original kirk self-destructed over Genesis​​

Um yeah thats why I was going to be nitpicky........because in the vid it shows the A and at the the bottom it says TMP-VI.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    Fantastic work as always, Allen. (Even with the little goofs. :) )
    Keep 'em comin'.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    b2ny89e.gif
    SP9Pu.gif
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Nice picture of the 1701-F... but you guys mirror flipped it so the registry number is reversed. Come on! Do you have to mess up everything by not paying attention to details? :'(

1aww18n.jpg
    See! Is that so hard? (Or do you actually have it mirror backwards in the game really?)
  • skepticalelf#3611 skepticalelf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    J'adore le clip pour la fête de star trek c'est super beau, j'aurais aimer voir plus de vaisseau par contre. :) Merci pour cette attention. :)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Nice picture of the 1701-F... but you guys mirror flipped it so the registry number is reversed. Come on! Do you have to mess up everything by not paying attention to details? :'(

1aww18n.jpg
    See! Is that so hard? (Or do you actually have it mirror backwards in the game really?)

-Mr. Lucas voice- Glass of water for Dracounguis.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg