test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LoR Legacy pack. Worth it?

sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Romulan Discussion
Question is as it says- for my situation here's some info:

I have all the T6 ship packs already, as far I am aware the only thing this pack offers me (given it consists of all T5 Rom ships) is the consoles and associated set bonuses that comes with it (and master key bundle).

• Haakona: Dual Vector Separation that completes Maneuvering Protocol Set.
  • D'Deridex Retrofit & D'ridthau Warbird: Projected Singularity and Molecular Phase Inversion Field, respectively. Completes the Enhanced Maneuvering Systems.
  • Mogai Retrofit & Valdore: Ionized Particle Beam and Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator, completes Enhanced Weapon Systems Efficiency.
  • Dhelan Retrofit & Dhael: Sabotage Probe Launcher & Singularity Inverter. Different as that's only a 2-item set that comprises the Enhanced Defensive Systems.
  • T'Varo & T'Varo Retrofit: Singularity Stabilizer and Plasma Destabiliser, completes Enhanced Projectile Efficiency.
That's 5 sets that I can potentially complete, 4 of which I already have one console from. If the bonuses are worth having I'll simply buy the equivalent fleet ship and stick the consoles on that. As I already have a handful of modules that won't cost me anything more. On the flipside, since I have all the varients of the Scimitar it's not as though I need any other ships!
Post edited by sovereign010 on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    Most of those sets are novelties in my opinion.

There is an exception, the Mogai/Valdore/Morrigu set, where the two set is a 25% drop in Weapon power draw. Though, I'd go with the Valdore and Morrigu consoles and forego the Mogai Retrofit's lighting gun console entirely.

Links to STOWiki, as you might have a different opinion. Set bonus listing are near the bottom of each:
    Enhanced Maneuvering Systems
    Enhanced Weapon Systems Efficiency
    Enhanced Defensive Systems
    Enhanced Projectile Efficiency (these are a bit more novel, and set bonus might be handy for a torp boat)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    The T'varo set can be evil if you like running a torp boat with that enhanced cloak
    but really only you can determine if these sets are worth it for your dollars
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    For Torp Boats, the T'Varo set is exceptional, but you can get them with the cheaper basic version of the LoR Starter Pack, or get the ships individually. Far more economical that way, if that's all you want.
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    For Torp Boats, the T'Varo set is exceptional, but you can get them with the cheaper basic version of the LoR Starter Pack, or get the ships individually. Far more economical that way, if that's all you want.
    Can't believe I didn't think of working out the cost of buying each ship individually and you're right, it works out at 14,750 instead of 16,000.

However it also includes 30 Master Keys, apparently those bind to account on pickup so they can't be sold.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    bound keys = free lobi and depending on your luck a few mil EC on the ex