• mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    file.php?id=12&mode=view
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    mneme0 wrote: »
    file.php?id=12&mode=view

"not allowed to view"
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
  • caediciuscaedicius Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Many of my ships have names with a roman background. Weapons like Spatha, gladtiator or soldier-classes like Velites, Secutor, Hoplomacus, Cataphractari, Auxilia or other Latin words like Lupa (she-wolf/TRIBBLE), Aliena, Carnifex, Rapax, explorator, Lacerator, Vulpecula, Evocator. Other have a Romulan background like my Flagg-Ship, the R.R.W. Imperatrix Sela :D , Latrunculo (a chess-like game of the Romulans) or Valdore II. One i named after the family of my char, Aquila. The Klingon ships I have for my Rom-Kling have Kligon names, of course.
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    When I get stuck thinking up a name for my warbirds I tend to use Turian names. For example:

RRW Vakarius (D'Deridex, my main's main ship)
    RRW Victus (Ha'apax)
    RRW Tarquin (Ha'nom)
    RRW Adrien (Ha'feh)
    RRW Corinthus (Caprimul)

Other than that...

RRW Korvix (Faeht)
    RRW Teverresh (Deihu)
    RRW Crateris (Hathos)
    RRW Kaehht (Koro't'inga, it means "gift" in Rihanssu, thought it would be neat for one of my characters to use hand-me-down battlecrusiers from the Klingons)
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    My latest is RRW Umhri Aumh. A FT6 Morrigu which is all decked out in all the Nukara and Chronometric tetryon gear I can stick on her.

Umhri Aumh loosely translates as "Pointy Stick" Because when I first started playing MMO's, all players had to fight with were sticks and a rock. And in PvP, we all had to share the rock.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    RRW Avatrunei, a Garidian Warbird​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Mogai.thumb.jpg.101944292bfc8bc3ecd5756352d9dc0e.jpg
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    I google up 'english to romulan' and cough up various names... if that doesn't work I ask protogoth for assistance. Sometimes it just doesnt work though, she took existing romulan to make a word for 'raptor' and it barely fits in the name box by itself.
  • aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Since some Romulan stuff is based of of the Romans, I used some latin names:

Martius
    Forvitni
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I suppose I'll have to admit that I'm prone to going 'space elves' when I need names for Romulan ships sometimes; R.R.W. Ceyl ('Swift', in Warhammer Elvish), Lecai (a Kobali Samsar), and so forth.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'm not imaginative in terms of categories; I usually go bird names of some kind, though I dance around names to Latin names, English names, mythology as appropriate.

Appropriate being: whatever feels good at the moment of unboxing.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I use Noctivagus for my ship name. I believe it means Night Wanderer in Latin.
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    My tactical carrier warbird is the R.R.W. Ailuros, and my scorpion fighter is the Artemis.

Ailuros is the greek name for the Egyptian cat goddess bastet, and Artemis is the equivalent greek goddess. My federation character commands the U.S.S. Bastet =p
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    I have kind of a list and most I don't fly anymore. I'll share my 5 principals:
    R.R.W. Telek R'Mor (Fleet Laeosa-class) - Primary Mission/Special mission craft
    R.R.W. Rakal (Tyton-class) - Secondary Mission vessel
    R.R.W. Ch'eren (Deihu-Class) - Secondary Flagship
    R.R.W. Vauthil (Flambard-class) - Primary Flagship
    U.S.S. Tennessee (Presidio-class) - Primary Yacht (A gift from our Federation underlings allies) :p

Other ships in my inventory include almost every ship except for the multi-missions (those WILL be mine though), the Kara and Haakona and the D-rexes.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    all my ships have sumerian or gaulish gods name like: Shamash, Ninasu, Loucetios, Taranis, Belenos etc
  • viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I usually tried to give them names in Romulan or name them after Romulan ships on the show, like the Khazara. There's a D'Valthau (Valdore + D'Ridthau) somewhere in the dock, a Khazara, a Verelan, one D'Tervek (from the random generator because it sounded nice) and for fun the intel ship was named "bright/shiny" (ehhae) because all the dark/dangerous/stealthy Romulan names (shadow, secret, etc.) have been used for NPC ships or as class names for Romulan warbirds - which is nice :)
    cw2myks.jpg
    here's the list for my main, dont even remember what half of em mean anymore lol
  • captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    Updated:

@mneme0 I don't know if you still have that document in your possession but I just sent an access request. I could always use more Rom names for my Federation-aligned Rom ships.

Oh and my Dinaes Warbird Destroyer is called the RRW Imperator Unum (One Emperor) hehe
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Most often I use Rihannsu names for my ships and characters, though the ships I cycle through just for traits I sometimes do not bother renaming from the default. I do have a few exceptions to that (like the Drow Haelthara who was one of my first ever electronic game characters and I put into most games as a sort of tradition (in this case as a dark skinned Vulcanoid "alien" from a Romulan client world), and has ships named in the Drow language (her main ship so far is a Chronos named Draeval Arisa (lit. "Time Stalker).

I have too many characters (I am a bit of an altaholic) to list everything here but a good example is my first STO character (who was modeled from an earlier paper-and-dice Star Trek game character of mine), Rhean ei'Temhlmnae t'Llhweiir and her ship ChR (or RRW in STO) Mos'Ihhueindet which means (very roughly) "forced to water" after a small but aggressive fish-eating raptor that is often dragged underwater while killing its prey (it is a kind of reference to the real-world osprey who does the same thing).

I brought over another captain from that same campaign (Mavus i-Xantherope t'Latasalaem who originally captained a T-10 destroyer called ChR Ipae'llaiir (roughly "Firecrown") but now commands a Surhuelh of the same name (but with RRW prefix of course).

I have an Orion/Romulan mix (using "alien" in the Rom character gen and a kit module to provide the "pheromone" effect) who flew a Ha'nom called Heith Galan (lit. "Last Seeker") but who is currently in a Chronos waiting for the new Romulan temporal ship to come off of "new" status so it can be bought with the coupon. I am not sure whether I will use a Romulan name or an Orion one for the new ship yet (I used both types in the various ships she leveled in).
  • hungrywinner#6860 hungrywinner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've named my Romulan ships based on the Romulan ships form the Star Fleet Battles universe.
  • johnstrader1johnstrader1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    RRW M'nrga (make new Romulus great again)
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Though Im highly disappointed in how it's flying, my legendary T'liss is the R.R.W. Lupercal

Lupercal being the roman term for the Capitoline Wolf. In Roman mythology, Romulus and Remus were nursed by a She-Wolf when they were abandoned as babies. That became a major symbol of Rome, represented by the Capitoline Wolf statue.

The captain is a female Romulan named Aschia Senius. Aschius and Senius were the two sons of Remus who fled Rome after Romulus killed their father.