test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Faction?

Hello,

I was curious on if there is the ability to be part of the Borg? Not just have a Borg captain or have a Borg bridge officer but to have a Borg cube and an entirely Borg crew? I know right now there are Federation, Klingon and Romulan factions, but will there ever be a Borg faction?

If not, is there a Borg vessel that one can obtain to fly around the universe in? Also, how many different types of Borg bridge officers are there? Currently, I have the liberated Borg female from the C-store but I've seen there are others. I just don't know how to get them. I just think it would be interesting to play as a character from a Borg perspective.

Comments

• jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    If you mean Borg from the Collective.. there would technically be no gameplay involved, due to the nature of the Collective hive-mind, as they don't really have individuality.. it'd not really make any sense for such a faction to exist. (And this comes from someone who loves the Borg..)

Now, Borg Cooperative, that's entirely different case, as they are a group of Liberated Borg and I'd love to see that myself. But, it seems very unlikely at this point.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I would be ok with Borg Collective characters just as long as there was no playable Borg Cube.

I know we already have ridiculous ships like the Enterprise J and the Herald Vonph in game.. the Borg Cube is that one last line that they haven't crossed yet. I still believe that if it ever happens it will be as a last cash grab before the lights go out.. so hopefully not for many more years.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I want to play as a Tholian
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I want to play as a Tholian

^this
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Even as a Borg fan whose mains are all LibBorg, I never want to see a playable Borg or Borg Collective faction.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I would be ok with Borg Collective characters just as long as there was no playable Borg Cube.

I know we already have ridiculous ships like the Enterprise J and the Herald Vonph in game.. the Borg Cube is that one last line that they haven't crossed yet. I still believe that if it ever happens it will be as a last cash grab before the lights go out.. so hopefully not for many more years.
    Maybe a Type 3 as their equivalent of the Oddy? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I want to fly a sphere
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    borg ship goes in game..... 4000 threads pop up about flying the wrong direction and not being able to tell which way they're flying
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would not mind a cooperative Borg faction, or even a purchase in the shop for being able to make a cooperative Borg for your existing factions, though issue is how to make a Liberated Borg an a Cooperative Borg different enough to be worth it. I could have seen the coup-Borg as part of a Delta faction when Delta rising hit, and that along with other Delta races could have made it worth it.

Where the fact of knowing which direction you are flying with the Borg ships is concerned. It would not be that hard I am sure to add a visual-overlay, such as on the shield display around your ship that is always visible that would give you a orientation of which direction is the forward facing. Also I could easily see if we got the Borg vessels from the Coop-Borg that they might be designed/redesigned, or built/rebuilt to be flown with smaller crew sized, which could translate to them being reduced in their overall size (which I would be fine with). My bigger thing would be what kind of ship trait, and consoles would be put onto the ships to make them desirable. Even that though is not that big an issue.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    I would not mind a cooperative Borg faction, or even a purchase in the shop for being able to make a cooperative Borg for your existing factions, though issue is how to make a Liberated Borg an a Cooperative Borg different enough to be worth it. I could have seen the coup-Borg as part of a Delta faction when Delta rising hit, and that along with other Delta races could have made it worth it.

Where the fact of knowing which direction you are flying with the Borg ships is concerned. It would not be that hard I am sure to add a visual-overlay, such as on the shield display around your ship that is always visible that would give you a orientation of which direction is the forward facing. Also I could easily see if we got the Borg vessels from the Coop-Borg that they might be designed/redesigned, or built/rebuilt to be flown with smaller crew sized, which could translate to them being reduced in their overall size (which I would be fine with). My bigger thing would be what kind of ship trait, and consoles would be put onto the ships to make them desirable. Even that though is not that big an issue.

Back in an interview that Geko did a while back, he mentioned that they were toying with the idea of a borg faction, actually. They stated they had solved the issue of the orientation problem, but they shelved the idea when they decided to focus in on endgame with that expansion. They could come back to it later though when they decide they're ready to do a borg expansion.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • seeonx#2905 seeonx Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I would also like to see more Borg content please. Can someone also explain to me how to borg out a ship?
    I would also like to see more Borg content please. Can someone also explain to me how to borg out a ship?
    Omega Rep Borg gear set(not the MACO, Honor Guard, or adapted versions). Examples:
    lusitaniac_by_marhawkman-d8808x5.png
    lapland_by_marhawkman-d83rd6y.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Or get yourself a T6 Adapted Battlecrusier or Destroyer and put Omega Reputation Assimilated gear.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I want to fly a sphere

I would be happy with a shuttle. Something like the dark Caitian ones design-wise, with the ability to mask its energy signature to avoid any possible difficult questions. It would make travelling to university so much easier.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    Or get yourself a T6 Adapted Battlecrusier or Destroyer and put Omega Reputation Assimilated gear.

Those ships look fantastic.. they really did a good job on these.

I'm heavily leaning toward getting one for an alt.. they definitely look like Assimilated ships.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    A playble Borg collective drone is out for pretty much the same reason, why in WoW any undead(lorewise that is they're classified as "humanoid" for gameplay reason) playble characters are liberated from the Scourge. The Borg collective is hostile to all known factions and the drones don't have any real individuality so either you'd have bend rules to independent drones that are still part of the collective or your drone character would be like when your character is assimilated when fighting against the borg (aka you just be an observer while the game played itself) except unlike when your normal character there would be no release from this control.

Oh and if they do make a playble borg faction you bet things like the adaption won't work as well as they do for NPCs.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    A Borg Collective PC would have to be a Queen, and there can be only one!

Borg Cooperative PC's make much more sense. As a faction, no, but if Cryptic ever goes to individual starter quests I could see Chapter One of a Liberated Borg's starter quest being the first Borg mission which ends in your character's assimilation.

Cue cutscene of medics and doctors working on the incapacitated drone, then your character awakens, hideously transformed into a cyborg, only to be informed that you killed your pregnant wife.

"NOOOOO!"

Then, "Let me introduce you to my friend Eliza. She's helped hundreds of captains through their first command."
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Whoever says it can't be done they are living in an alternate universe.

This is STO. Do you ever imagine the same STO with:

-Dinos shooting laser out of their heads running amock?
    -Flying a Voth City Ship was it impossible? How about Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser?
    -Flying the Enterprise J or your own mini starbase could not be done?
    -How about flying a Tholian recluse? Can you actually fly in a bridge aimed for 207 °C/404 °F and pretend you are a Tholian?

These are just some of the examples of how ridiculous and non canon this game has evolved. A borg ship NOT doable???. Think again.

The way I see it if Dinos shooting laser from their heads is possible...heck anything goes and that ship full of logic is way past already. Now bring me that Tactical cube and take my money tiger-2.gif

aliens_large.png​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    What? no Borg Type 3? bah.. useless junk. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Really? This AGAIN?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    it seems like, for the next 2 years we will be around gamma quadrant. unless ,the dominion ships were fleeing to ds9 from a new kind of big bad borg collective...
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    As Far as i know, the only Borg Boffs in the game are the C-store/preorder Engineer, the sci borg (hehehe) that you used to get from an achievment in the borg ground missions. Any thing else is either an LTS liberated borg character or just using those costume pieces on boffs. If i'm wrong, i would love to know where to get more borg officers.

For me, personally, the collective would be a perfect place to add playable borg into the game for EVERYONE. As an LTS though, i would love for them to update and add considerably more to the LTS Liberated Borg though, to keep it as a benefit rather than a cop out. Currently, they don't even have full body skins, which has been a HUGE bane to several of my captains and some of their boffs. Seriously. Telaxians are okay, but the super expensive Borg get a bad face makeup? that's it? Boo...

I think Realistically, regular borg players should get the traits and parts of the current LTS borg players but those LTS borg players should be upgraded to the superior versions of the traits, as well as having more Actual borg costume bits and not just the cooperative costume bits. Keep the LTS a step or two above the Cooperative, to keep it as an incentive but open up and expand the Borg considerably for ALL players. This way, we get cooperative ships, and the Borg cubes get to remain the dread of the galaxy.

Aside from the two boffs and the LTS work around, the only other things i can think of are the two adapted ships with the two borg sets equipped. There are even Borg weapons that you can get (from the rep now, i think?) the Arm weapons. I would love to see, as either Liberated or Cooperative, weapons that actually covered your arms like the fluidic wrist lance. There is an insane amount of potential in a borg faction and i would absolutely love to see it, so long as the LTS people were compensated and it didn't diminish the Borg as a whole... like voyager did.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    There are even Borg weapons that you can get (from the rep now, i think?) the Arm weapons.
    If you mean the Tactical/Medical/Maintenance thing, that's from a storyline mission in the short Borg arc.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    The Borg looking Borg you can get from the Assimilated Accolade (not the one from the Episode) can now be purchased for 500 Omega Marks from an Omega Reputation Project.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Borg BOFFs available in-game so far:

C-Store female Human/Klingon Engineering

C-Store male Reman Tactical

Lobi Store female Romulan Science

Omega Reputation male Borg Science
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Borg BOFFs available in-game so far:

C-Store female Human/Klingon Engineering

C-Store male Reman Tactical

Lobi Store female Romulan Science

Omega Reputation male Borg Science
    C-Store female Romulan science/Intel
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    None of my Liberated Borg Boffs or Characters have any vestige of augment devices on. What's the point of all the medical advances if you can't remove those abominations. It makes as much sense as Characters/Boffs with eyepatches. I mean really, this is the 25th Century. This is not the Pirates of the Caribbean. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.