test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LeVar Burton, Season 14, and more details from our STLV Panel!

Comments

• mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Have to admit I'd really enjoy seeing some more Cardassian and Dominion based content so the teaser at the end was appreciated. The fact that the Cardassians played such a major, heavy role in DS9 but were all but written out of their arc in favour of "Mirror Leeta" in the revamp has never set well with me.

As for the Dominion, I'm hoping that there isn't going to be a "Dominion war 2.0" and we get to approach them as an ally. As previous posters have suggested, some enemy like the Hur'q or perhaps T'Ket and her various pets attacking the Dominion and giving them a run for their money so they turn to the Alliance for help would be appealing to me.

I don't see a playable cardassian/dominion faction ever emerging, nor the ability to have playable Jem'hadar or Vorta. Cryptic seems quite happy with the current 'solution' of allowing players to recreate them in the Alien character creator options. Disappointing though as I'd quite like a proper playable Cardassian, at least on the Fed side since Cardassia is a protectorate of the Federation.

Though, Cryptic did introduce playable Talaxians for Lifers, even though there's no communication or means of travel between the Delta and Alpha/Beta quadrants for quite a bit of the game.

But first I'd really like to see a conclusion to the Tzenkethi arc.
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    Terry crews would've been better...

Everything is better with Terry crews in it xD
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • ncc1701z5ncc1701z5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    ncc1701z5 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong I'm very hyped for all the new stuff but......season 14? already? any season after 10 has had about 2 missions before the next update is announced, 13.5 only got one! basically cryptic my advice is slow down the number of new seasons and ".5's" and instead put all the new content under one season and things will be better :smiley: and my thoughts on the ds9 thing, maybe the Dominion want the alpha quadrant changelings back don't forget we left them all on Orias III and seeing as how the 25th anniversary of DS9 is next year......

I always find it funny when people make comments like these, because going on the STO wiki will show that seasons last 3-4 months before going to the .5 season, and .5 seasons only last 3-4 months themselves, and by the time season14 comes out, it will have been 4 months since the .5 season.

This isl iterally the exact same since they started doing .5 seasons back in season 8.

what I mean is the .5 seasons can last for an entire year or how ever long they want to but more content to go with them would be nice not just the launch stuff and then that's it until the next thing.
    "Saving the galaxy's our business"

Admiral Wilkens: "I bend our rules so folks don't have to live in fear strictly obeying someone else's".

• ncc1701z5ncc1701z5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    as to the TNG interior I can't express how much I love it. I only hope we get the ready room as well with some of picard's trinkets and livingston :smile:
    "Saving the galaxy's our business"

Admiral Wilkens: "I bend our rules so folks don't have to live in fear strictly obeying someone else's".

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Don't get me wrong I'm very hyped for all the new stuff but......season 14? already? any season after 10 has had about 2 missions before the next update is announced, 13.5 only got one! basically cryptic my advice is slow down the number of new seasons and ".5's" and instead put all the new content under one season and things will be better :smiley: and my thoughts on the ds9 thing, maybe the Dominion want the alpha quadrant changelings back don't forget we left them all on Orias III and seeing as how the 25th anniversary of DS9 is next year......

I always find it funny when people make comments like these, because going on the STO wiki will show that seasons last 3-4 months before going to the .5 season, and .5 seasons only last 3-4 months themselves, and by the time season14 comes out, it will have been 4 months since the .5 season.

This isl iterally the exact same since they started doing .5 seasons back in season 8.

what I mean is the .5 seasons can last for an entire year or how ever long they want to but more content to go with them would be nice not just the launch stuff and then that's it until the next thing.

They really can't last for a year or however long because the studio has a soft deadline to release a significant addition to the game roughly every three months, or at least behave as if it does. Starting at Season Ten is also a bit of a cherry-pick, given that Season 9.5, the last non-expansion release prior to that one, had zero new episodes and zero revamped episodes, and the prior few releases only contained one new episode each and some revamps for some of them. I'd like more episodes, too, but they seem to be on a limited episode release schedule this year, and that's what we're getting. It's as good as the year prior to Delta Rising, and better than the year prior to Legacy of Romulus, but not as good as what we became accustomed to during 2015. I have hopes that this slower pace of new content will pay off with maybe all of the old serial FEs getting a revamp in the near future, since they're all looking pretty dated by today's standards, and/or the expansion next year having a decent chunk of new content for existing characters.
    gaevsman wrote: »
    ak255 wrote: »
    LMAO! Man, they sure jumped quick from Season 13.5! So desperate to keep this game alive! And I'm already placing bets that new Galaxy-class layout is gonna be exclusive to some ship pack like you did with Voyager.

Lets hope not, because my zen is ready :smiley:

I have my doubts about it being in a multi-ship pack because all of the current variations of the Galaxy are already in those. Since owning a part of the pack usually precludes you from buying the whole pack, it would be difficult to code, and limit the number of sales that they get for it. They can do it, since they made the Temporal pack available to anyone who already owned the few pieces of it that already existed, but if the only new part of this supposed new pack is that interior, then why bother re-bundling it. Maybe they'll make it part of a big pack that includes no new ships, like how they offered the TOS and Defiant interiors with those bundles of odds and ends way back when.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Like someone mentioned, it will probably be sold in a similar way to the Voyager interior. I bought the TOS ship interior bundle even though I already owned the TOS Connie and bought the Voyager bundle just for the interior. The only Galaxy variants outside what I used leveling tokens to acquire other are the MU Guardian, Galaxy X, and the T6 Galaxy X. Hopefully the MU Guardian skin and parts can be used on other Galaxy variants. Because of the different variants though and possible interiors, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mega bundle of everything and then smaller packs like the Galaxy bundle with standard and Future Imperfect interiors, Galaxy X bundle with All Good Things interior, and a Generations bundle with interior. I do hope the interiors do include the Battle Bridge on a lower deck.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael Hmm, will this new Galaxy interior be available on all current Galaxy ships we already own?! Will it be only on a new Galaxy ship we need to buy? Or will it be like a bridge pack?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Am i the only one who wishes these cannon characters where left where the should be in the shows and a happy memory ? . im not saying there should not be the odd cameo apearance in this game but whole story arcs where the appear just upsets my star trek time lines
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Geordi, please! Put the glasses back on!

Banana clip version???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gULLOWDJ-t8
    edited August 2017
    jcsww wrote: »
    Like someone mentioned, it will probably be sold in a similar way to the Voyager interior. I bought the TOS ship interior bundle even though I already owned the TOS Connie and bought the Voyager bundle just for the interior. The only Galaxy variants outside what I used leveling tokens to acquire other are the MU Guardian, Galaxy X, and the T6 Galaxy X. Hopefully the MU Guardian skin and parts can be used on other Galaxy variants. Because of the different variants though and possible interiors, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mega bundle of everything and then smaller packs like the Galaxy bundle with standard and Future Imperfect interiors, Galaxy X bundle with All Good Things interior, and a Generations bundle with interior. I do hope the interiors do include the Battle Bridge on a lower deck.

I'm saying that's unlikely because there are no ships to bundle it with that aren't already part of other bundles. The Galaxy bundle contains the Tier 4 Venture, the Tier 5 Galaxy Refit and the Tier 5 Galaxy-X. The Tier 6 Andromeda is in the cross-faction Cruiser bundle and the Tier 6 Yamato is in the cross-faction Dreadnought bundle. Despite some stylistic similarities, the Guardian and Mirror Guardian are not part of the Galaxy family, since they can't use Galaxy parts. The Voyager interiors were able to be put into an Intrepid bundle because none of those ships were already in a bundle at that point.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael Hmm, will this new Galaxy interior be available on all current Galaxy ships we already own?! Will it be only on a new Galaxy ship we need to buy? Or will it be like a bridge pack?

I'd put good money on it being usable on all of the Galaxy family of ships, at the very least, but also on you having to purchase it to do so, in whatever fashion that they decide to make it available. No special screen-replica full interior has been free to begin with ever before, and I don't see that changing now.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Anniversary celebration.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    I thought it may be interesting and a twist if they would introduce career only characters. For example, Vorta for science, Jem'hadar for tactical, and Cardassian for engineer... I really want to play a Jem'hadar and a Cardiassian one day....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    anodynes wrote: »
    I'd put good money on it being usable on all of the Galaxy family of ships, at the very least, but also on you having to purchase it to do so, in whatever fashion that they decide to make it available. No special screen-replica full interior has been free to begin with ever before, and I don't see that changing now.

FTR, I don't mind paying for bridges; on the contrary, really. :) I just hope they don't pull some dipsh*t where you can only buy the bridge/interior pack if you buy a Galaxy bundle first, and you already happen to have a Galaxy ship somewhere (which is also part of some bundle), thus excluding you from getting the bridge/interior, like they did with the Intrepid bridge/interior. Cuz that would be incredibly lame.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    ltminns wrote: »
    Anniversary celebration.

Right, they gave away the bundle that the TOS interior was in after how long? 5 years? It certainly wasn't free to begin with, as I said above.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    You'll see a TNG 30th Anniversary Bundle that probably will include the Interior and other stuff (more TNG themed Uniform variants, including the free Work anniversary sash, etc. - plus maybe the T6 Galaxy Class variant.
    ^^^
    Already own the Galaxy Class variant; or got the other stuff when it was 'free'? Too bad for you, you'll still need to pay if you want the interior.
    ^^^
    My basis for this? It's pretty much how they sold the TOS interior. Many players had already bought some of the other TOS items that were bundled with the interior (including the TOS T0 Connie starter ship at the time) <---- But that didn't lower or give any sort of discount to/for the pack. If you wanted access to use the interior, you bought the pack, period.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    If I was to guess right now, it would be somewhat similar to what was just posted, but the ship, if there is one, will be a new Miracle Worker variant of the Galaxy. We have 2 Sovereigns with different specs, why not 2 Galaxies? It won't bother me if I have to pay full price for the bundle, even if it includes uniforms that I already have, so long as I can still buy the pack. The Intrepid bundle being the only reliable way to get the Voyager interiors (save for a couple of very brief surprise runs of the standalone interior) and being unavailable if you already owned the Tier 4 or Tier 5 Intrepids was just awful, and is something that should be remedied by making the interior itself a permanent addition to the C-Store.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Levar Berton made it to the front page of reddit today. He is getting sued by WNED for saying "You don't have to take my word for it" on his podcast. So he better not say something like "I can go anywhere" or "I can do anything" in the episode. Hope the case gets dismissed Janeway style - that's a Starfleet expression for GET OUT.

Good to have him on STO and looking forward to the episodes.
  • thefish#2706 thefish Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I could imagine the dominion being upset about
    that Jem Hadar that got killed in Brushfire
    , maybe a threat on a similar scale to the iconians? Maybe some idiot went to Dewa and T'ket is annoyed so that one is going against 10 other iconians and a galaxy? Maybe bigger... Maybe there we will be visiting a different galaxy who also struggled with the iconians, want revenge but we won't let them so they hate us.... so many possibilities.
    doin ma best :)

• benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    as to the TNG interior I can't express how much I love it. I only hope we get the ready room as well with some of picard's trinkets and livingston :smile:
    I totally agree.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Will the TNG one piece uniforms be available for purchase finally? It would also be nice to have the TWoK jacket available to use without the turtleneck under it as well, like it was in Yesterday's Enterprise. A full collar TNG uniform from the same episode would be awesome too. Admiral Picard's uniform from Future Imperfect would be an amazing addition to our uniforms as well as the ability to set the ranks on the Future Imperfect badge and colors too, so you could do Admiral variants. I would also like to see Admiral Riker's uniform from All Good Things as well.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Aside from TOS where the minidress seemed to be standard for females, it's always been an optional uniform and would continue to be so. Now we will finally have some true equality, where men and women both can choose either pants or skirts according to their own preference.

The practicality argument makes some sense, but it's never been a primary concern on the screen productions. Aside from a brief period in the TMP era films where we saw some armor for security and a radiation suit for Scotty, everyone has always worn flimsy cloth uniforms that won't protect from a stiff breeze. Fortunately, you have armor suit and other options you can dress your crew in if you're concerned about work hazards.

Also in cases of Race. If you go to Starfleet Academy and look at the cadets, you will notice that all the Caitians are wearing skirts without stockings. It was just something I noticed during one of the "duty officer weekends". At the time I wondered why, then as someone who tends to have more than my fair share of body hair, I discovered why when I wore a broad weave shirt to work.

That day I gained a ton of respect for the Dev that realized that Caitians would have specific problems with normal uniforms due to hair. They could do enough undergarments or linings to make the torso parts more comfortable but the moving parts like the legs and the arms would almost have to be bare.
  • chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    im hoping season 14 has more missions then just one we have to do every 3-4 weeks, would love a mass of them.
    4058756.jpg
    anodynes wrote: »
    If I was to guess right now, it would be somewhat similar to what was just posted, but the ship, if there is one, will be a new Miracle Worker variant of the Galaxy. We have 2 Sovereigns with different specs, why not 2 Galaxies? It won't bother me if I have to pay full price for the bundle, even if it includes uniforms that I already have, so long as I can still buy the pack. The Intrepid bundle being the only reliable way to get the Voyager interiors (save for a couple of very brief surprise runs of the standalone interior) and being unavailable if you already owned the Tier 4 or Tier 5 Intrepids was just awful, and is something that should be remedied by making the interior itself a permanent addition to the C-Store.

^^ This times 100!

Please, Cryptic, do not make the same mistake twice. Don't pull some lame cr*p saying I already own a Galaxy, and therefore am uneligible to obtain the full Galaxy bundle, and thus the interior. I'm one of those ppl who said I'd pay the price for a full ship even, just for a good interior. Now you're making one. No dipsh*t, please: just sell it to me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Though I think there should, at least, be some alkaloid to get by not fighting.

Be careful prescribing those alkaloids, Doctor, they can be quite dangerous.

https://www.britannica.com/science/alkaloid​​

Blah, do a typo, and they hold it over your head :*
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Levar Berton made it to the front page of reddit today. He is getting sued by WNED for saying "You don't have to take my word for it" on his podcast. So he better not say something like "I can go anywhere" or "I can do anything" in the episode. Hope the case gets dismissed Janeway style - that's a Starfleet expression for GET OUT.

Good to have him on STO and looking forward to the episodes.

Looks like WNED needs to pull the telephone pole out of their posteriors. :/
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I could imagine the dominion being upset about
    that Jem Hadar that got killed in Brushfire
    , maybe a threat on a similar scale to the iconians? Maybe some idiot went to Dewa and T'ket is annoyed so that one is going against 10 other iconians and a galaxy? Maybe bigger... Maybe there we will be visiting a different galaxy who also struggled with the iconians, want revenge but we won't let them so they hate us.... so many possibilities.
    Doutful
    The founders don't really care about "solids" so a death of single Jem'hadar (who are cannon fodder anyway) would not matter to them 1 bit nor would probably care one bit about the So'na that we killed dispite what so'na captain claimed

• gentooraxgentoorax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    All excellent news, I just hope this new fleet holding doesn't suffer from the same frame rate issues I see on New Romulus and Risa (and very slightly on ESD) with my AMD 390x!!!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Apples and Oranges. There was no Voyager/Pathfinder bundle before there was the Interior. It all came out together, though you may have picked up the lower Tier ships individually before the Bundles. Remember when it first came out you had the new T6 Pathfinder to add the Interior to as well as the larger Bundle. You couldn't have bought the T6 ship by itself.

The Galaxy, on the other hand already has a lower Tier bundle and the T6's for the Galaxy and Galaxy-X have already been released, so there is no place to put the Interior, except by itself, or as a Giveaway.

So maybe the Interior will be part of the Anniversary Giveaway and put into the C-Store for purchase for afterwards. They should add the Voyager Interiors to the C-Store as well and stop this madness.

They are not going to release a T6 Galaxy Premium Remastered Edition with different seating into the C-Store. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns