test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Active players, how long have you been playing?

locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User

Active players, how long have you been playing? 203 votes

Since the launch
28%
jarfaruboweninugamiikonn#1068antonine3258thetaninealexraptorrdaboholicgaevsmancrypticarmsmandracounguiseldarion79pimpy2uwarmaker001biconiansdaviddxxksathra2jbmonroetucker031mainasheline 57 votes
After the launch but before free to play
17%
s2racingssbn655mirrorchaosmattjohnsonvacokebearprotoneousmustrumridcully0reyan01meimeitoormy1081geekysoldierrattler2patrickngoangrytargmarkhawkmanvaine87damainxliantheliadrazursouthclawadmrenlarreck 36 votes
Since free to play
23%
nightkencomrademocobernatkduncanidaho11aliensamongusmattaukettirm1963garaks31toivaspencerb96baddmoonrizinbejaymacjonsillsszerontzurvelquaquesteriusvegeta50024arabaturazrael605thebuzz1 47 votes
After free to play but before Legacy of Romulus
12%
r5e4w3q2fadmbambamkitsunesnoutlordsteve1where2r1risian4jcsteeleseaofsorrowswillidesspacehermitpeterconnorfirstfeiqakiralyncarter60shevethillard1959futilepurposenickcastletonelemberq333onetontoad 26 votes
Since Legacy of Romulus
6%
coldnapalmdearghargilltminnskodachikunowinteranestisennahcheribechattycbrjwrrjamieblanchardkaote93newnjanirvanabellethebastian2 13 votes
After Legacy of Romulus but before Delta Rising
5%
jodarkriderbloodyrizodinforever20000tunebreakeralcyoneserenechiyoumikugalattxyquarzecaptpatrick01bcwhguderian1941sarah2774captiansmirk 12 votes
Since Delta Rising
0%
midnightrider7altran3301 2 votes
After Delta Rising but before Agents of Yesterday
1%
alcaatrazmephizton2092daeridanii#0793 3 votes
After Agents of Yesterday
3%
shadowslasher410#3475redspecter23shinku#4469superhuman559seeonx#2905kusanagi#1992ranmarumori13#8319 7 votes

Comments

• carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    ive been playing sto since about a year before legacy of romulus
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Since free to play
    patrickngo wrote: »

dammit, hit the wrong button. At/AFTER free to play, (stoopid mouse..)

Lol. Now the poll is a sham.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Since free to play
    F2P was in 2012, right?
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    barely played before f2p. the game have changed a lot.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I think I started playing three or four months after F2P. I checked out the game when it was still pay to play. Checked again and started playing a few months later in March 2012 or so.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited August 2017
    Since Legacy of Romulus
    I was in game before LoR really, for a while, I remember having to level a fed to be able to play a gorn after all, but LoR's hype train hooked me good since I'd always wanted to play Romulans...

Been feeling sorta burned by cryptic since, given how LoR played out. I voted LoR since that was when I really jumped in and played daily
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Since free to play
    Fun fact, just last week I completed the "New Romulus Explorer" accolade on one char. Turns out it took me over 1500 days from starting it. That kinda put the game into perspective. I really play it since a long, long while ago.

EDIT: I'll just add that I'm alternating periods where I play daily for several hours and then weeks to months where I'll barely log in on a couple chars to say start a daily rep project.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It was a while ago, but I believe I started approximately 6 months or so before Legacy Of Romulus.

Man, I was so excited to make a Romulan.. those were some good times. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    After Legacy of Romulus but before Delta Rising
    Looking at those answer options, 4 years doesn't seem that old at all :D
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    started playing almost exactly 1 year after release when I found a copy of the game for 14 Euros on amazon, was even a collectors edition with shirt and red matter reactor console and everything...had to get it, eventhough I only had heard bad things about it, was Star Trek after all. Then I found even 6 month worth of game time cards at a store for only 5 Euros. Call it destiny, because I have been playing this game since then, with almost no pause.
    Go pro or go home
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Since summer 2011. Have played actively ever since. Still enjoy STO.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Since free to play
    Since shortly after the game went Free-to-Play. I still remember my very first character taking part in The Odyssey Class, during the 2 Year Anniversary Event.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Since the launch
    Since "Closed Beta"
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Since the launch
    No option for me I see.. I played since Closed Beta. Before the game even launched.

edit: just gonna say "Since the launch" then
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I started maybe a month before F2P. Heard it was going F2P, planned on getting it... saw a copy of the Collector's Edition for $10 at my local Gamestop and snapped that baby up faster than you can say "Engage".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Since the launch
    Since launch but I took some breaks before Legacy of Romulus
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Since the launch
    My CD arrived 2 days late, so I'm claiming 'at launch' since I did pay for it before launch. ;)
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Since the launch
    I'm in an on again off again relationship with STO.

I was a beta player back in 2009 before the game released and I preordered the PC version and played the hell out of it for about two months before I stopped due to the monthly fee. When it became free to play a few years later I jumped back in but only for a couple weeks as there were so many other games to play it just didn't make the cut as well as me having forgotten most the story and controls.

I downloaded the game on my PS4 the day it released putting another $10 towards the game so that I could get my Borg Bridge Officer back. Unfortunately, there was a glitch where I was unable to move forward in the story. I took another break and as of last week, I jumped back in. I redownloaded the game and luckily, the bug was fixed. I continued on but unfortunately have hit another snag on Nimbus III. The devs are working on fixing it. In the meantime, I'm doing some PvE portions of the game via Starbase 24. Tomorrow I should be up to Commander finally; currently sitting at level 29.

Once this bug is completed, I'm planning on sticking with STO until I've finished the various seasons. Needless to say, I'm way behind.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Since the launch
    I was fortunate enough to get into the late alpha and have been with it ever since sans a break due to work and travel but mainly because of the fact I could not progress my toon through the Kobali story line and PWE's response was essentially there is nothing we can do about the missions or the tickets seemed to vanish without a trace.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Since the launch
    Closed beta.
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Since the launch
    I took a long break at the beginning of the year of hell.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    After Agents of Yesterday
    I've only been playing since 2 months ago. So I am still a noob.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    Since before launch which doesn't seem to be an option.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    Since Legacy of Romulus
    Started in January 2014, been playing on and off since.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Since free to play
    I entered shortly before the arrival of the 2800 (season 5).
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Since free to play
    Season 7 for me
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      Since the launch
      I've been here since Beta release. I got the Beta release through Steam.. But I only have over 2200 hours on Steam. For a long time I played on the DVD release by Atari so it never counted my time. I've made different accounts over the course of that time though.

I remember a lot of good times. In the old days before the server was shut down for Maintenance. They spawned Borg Cube's outside earth spacedock etc.

I also remember the good old spawning on ground maps as a starship.

Oh and just after the Klingon faction was introduced.. Somehow a Klingon player spawned on ESD and was able to kill Admiral Quinn.

I remember the first crew member (first officer) you got could be a Tactical Female Andorian. I also remember you could pick officers during the tutorial.. The tutorial was also way more awesome, being flung into a Borg Battle. Seeing Cube's from the ship interior etc..

And I really miss the old Q missions, there's a lot of old missions I really do miss... That I wish wasn't deleted from the game. Then there's some good ones that thankfully got deleted. Like that time Admiral T'nae was actually an Undine and forced you to slaughter like.. 500 Romulans. lol..

I remember I was so hyped for STO I even pre-ordered the deluxe edition and stuff.. We got special items that somehow have disappeared now though..

The sad fact is after all this time and experience on STO I am the biggest noob ever.. I know almost nothing of skills.. Boffs.. Starship layout etc.. I really do.. Suck at the game, PVE content etc...

But I'm really good at biographies, space barbie and the "RP" aspects of the game!

REqGHdL.png