test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Return of The Dominion: The Speculation Thread

Comments

• aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Except that the iconic Cardassian ships are lockbox.

As already mentioned, everyone forgets exclusivity. Just because they ARE T5/6 already, that doesn't mean you can't have similar, less powerful ships sans the unique consoles. And I imagine even if a Cardassian/New Link/Dominion faction was made, it would follow the Sub Faction role.

Another thing that would be interesting, is if the new sub faction was the KDF version of Agents of Yesterday. Perhaps splitting off at level 20, or 30, to keep the story from becoming conflicting. Maybe do a combination of Klingon and Starfleet missions, keep it different.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I'd rather see the new real estate in the Alpha Quadrant developed over another quadrant map.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    brian334 wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »
    STO has its own Vorta (though I forgot his name). ...edited, see above...

Eraun is his name. How many of you guys remember the Rapier where we first meet him?

One of the best NPCs in STO, second only to T'Nae, is Loriss, the Vorta who takes command of DS9 in the 2800 story arc. At times she is childish, as Vorta are portrayed in canon, but the character is powerful and sympathetic, (something so few STO villains achieve,) and she stands out as an example of a well written NPC opponent. I hope she's still with us when the Dominion Fleet arrives.

I concur... I rather fancied her as a protagonist in that arc.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'd rather have a playable Cardassian faction on its own.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Why all the fuss about what obviously is only going to be a revamp of the season 5 2800 arc.
    It'll be nice to see the new art, but that's all.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Why all the fuss about what obviously is only going to be a revamp of the season 5 2800 arc.
    It'll be nice to see the new art, but that's all.
    Cryptic has already said the featured series missions like Specters, Cloaked Intentions, and 2800, wont get revamps.

They are the only pre-LoR content, besides the Defera Borg Invasion Zone, that is off the table in terms of revamping.

It's content from season 5 so it is more than likely they'll change their opinion on the 2800 arc.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    If the Dominion/Cardi half a$$ faction do not come now...when then? This is the right and only time for redoing Ds9 and all the Gamma quadrant expansion. It is coming and be prepared for it!​​

Never?

I've pretty much given up on a Cardassian faction...

Plenty of other factions they could of went with but instead we got a half arsed second fed faction.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Loriss? She's not available, she's my Vorta Aliengen Romulan Engineering Character. Some of her clones are Bridge Officers on most of my other Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    storules wrote: »
    If the Dominion/Cardi half a$$ faction do not come now...when then? This is the right and only time for redoing Ds9 and all the Gamma quadrant expansion. It is coming and be prepared for it!​​

Never?

I've pretty much given up on a Cardassian faction...

Plenty of other factions they could of went with but instead we got a half arsed second fed faction.

Which is what a Cardassian faction would be: a 4 ep story that lets you choose Fed or KDF at the end, and from T2 on you're no longer Cardassian.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I'd rather see the new real estate in the Alpha Quadrant developed over another quadrant map.
    They have already used most of the systems from the expanded map in one mission or another. Or they are Federation/Klingon Empire worlds, that have been well settled/developed for over 100 years, meaning there is nothing to do there.

Your and my definitions of "nothing to do" with the First Federation sitting there differ quite widely ;).
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    remember there planet where the changers live the cap the new link . they live there but dont care rest of galaxy still they keep guard for jemhaddar
    nexus.jpg

• memnoch#6978 memnoch Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    The gamma quadrant has a Dyson sphere. I bet a very angry iconian and new Dyson ships with new upgradable protonic weapons. Whoot!
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Okay, T'ket is acceptible if she brings a protonic weapon update. Cannons, arrays, and gear that defends against protonic as well as enhances it would make protonic a full weapon energy type.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    What if The Dominion is A Dominion, an independant nation within a larger Empire.

Like their could be a Dominion of the Founders, A Dominion of the Herq, A Dominion of another powerful race, all ruled by someone else, and this Empire of Dominions is in a civil war.

I thought of this based on how Dominions work in the real world.

Within the Commonwealth, what they call the British Empire in the old days, you have The Dominion of Canada, The Dominion of New Zealand, The Dominion of Australia, and so on.
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > memnoch#6978 wrote: »
    >
    > The gamma quadrant has a Dyson sphere. I bet a very angry iconian and new Dyson ships with new upgradable protonic weapons. Whoot!
    >
    >
    >
    > Nothing suggests the Gamma Quadrant has a dyson sphere.

It's mentioned in the iconian ark. I forget which mission. I believe it's the one you infiltrate with sela. She finds a reference in a computer.
    I want my t6 Dyson pack!
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > memnoch#6978 wrote: »
    >
    > It's mentioned in the iconian ark. I forget which mission. I believe it's the one you infiltrate with sela. She finds a reference in a computer.
    >
    >
    >
    > No it's not.
    >
    > The only thing she finds reference of in the computers is that the sphere you are on now, the Iconian Sphere, is much older then the others, and that it's hiding in the Andromeda galaxy. She makes no mention of the Gamma Quadrant in that mission.
    >
    > The only time the Gamma Quadrant is mentioned in relation to the Iconians is
    > A. In the "Sphere of Influence" mission, where it is mentioned that the Iconians have been watching The Dominion, and their servants in the Gamma Quadrant have been keeping the Iconian Gateways hidden from The dominion. But no mention of a dyson sphere is made.
    > B. Sela's recordings for the Iconian reputation, where she talks about being hunted by heralds in the Gamma Quadrant, who want to stop her from making contact with The Dominion. But again, no mention of a sphere is made.
    >
    > The only three dyson spheres that are known to exist are the Solanae(Delta Quadrant), Jenolan(Delta Quadrant), and Iconian(hidden in subspace since the end of the war), as well as at least 3 smaller herald "shells" that aren't true dyson spheres.

Thank you for the correction. Even if it does come across as smug and self-righteous.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You gotta expect that.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    T2 Cardassian Patrol Vessel = Galor light

So... a Hideki?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I would say that the new episode Brushfire provides some hints that point into the direction of the Dominion becoming our allies (otherwise that Jem'hadar would have been completely and utterly pointless). Martok might even play a central role in negotiations between the Alliance and the Dominion. As always there will be some major threat that cannot be countered by one single faction alone (Tzenkethi, T'ket, unkown race). Everybody will band together until victory is at hand.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »
    STO has its own Vorta (though I forgot his name). ...edited, see above...
    Eraun is his name. How many of you guys remember the Rapier where we first meet him?

One of the best NPCs in STO, second only to T'Nae, is Loriss, the Vorta who takes command of DS9 in the 2800 story arc. At times she is childish, as Vorta are portrayed in canon, but the character is powerful and sympathetic, (something so few STO villains achieve,) and she stands out as an example of a well written NPC opponent. I hope she's still with us when the Dominion Fleet arrives.
    I remember the Rapier, god was he arrogant. When he was speaking to us, I have a slight urge to punch him in his vorta nose :) That was years ago though. Who knows, in the next expansion, we might meet Eraun 6, who might be a bit nicer, and not so arrogant :)
    Read/listen to the optional dialogs at the end of Boldly they Rode. :D Sooo much fun! In one of them Loriss mentions that Eraun is "sulking" and amuses herself by "expressing fawning sycophancy on his behalf". Hahaha.. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    -Even Mirror Leeta is only the way she is because that is literally how her whole universe is. She isn't just evil and ruthless for the sake of it, she is that way because that is how everyone there is raised to act.
    Also... she was possessed by the Pah-Wraiths...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg