test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ULC - Annual #7: Sunspots; Entry Thread

aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Ten Forward
This is the entry thread for ULC - Annual #7:Sunspots

I’m late, I’m late, for this very important Prompt! (L'yh ehhq gudjjhg lqwr Judylwb Idoov Idqilfwlrq...) Sorry!

In company with the regular ULC's, this is an optional challenge I've decided to start for us regular ULC participants, or even a jumping in point for new authors, in developing a lesser used character, a newer alt, or just to flesh out one of your regular characters. For best results, the idea of the ULC-Annual is to stick to one character for the rest of the 5 month challenge.

Obviously you don't have to participate for all 12 prompts, I just thought it would be something interesting and new to try with the start of 2017.

The (Galactic) Center of Attention

It seems the Cytherian's are at it again. While transporting Colonists to a new building site in the Beta Quadrant, your ship has stumbled upon a satellite probe orbiting the planet. With information retrieved and shared from the Enterprise, the device is identified and safely contained to keep any unwary civilian transports from activating the infernal device. Of course ever optimistic, your Science Officer and Chief Engineer assure you the device has been neutralized and is safe to be transported for either return to the Cytherian civilization, or to be delivered to the third party Daystrom Institute for the chance to extrapolate new technology and innovations from the device. In the mean time you order for it to be safely secured in the Cargo deck with a forcefield, until a decision is reached.

What no one expected was for a young Lukari colonist to have gotten lost looking for their stored cargo. Of course the device manages to interfere with the forcefield, and the colonist interacts with the device. Only it doesn't give the colonist knowledge, it shows them a dire plea for help.

As usual, no NSFW content.

The discussion thread is here.

The LC Submission thread is here

Index of previous ULCs:
  1. Identity Problems
  2. Rouge
  3. Firstborn
  4. Foolhardy
  5. Dependency
  6. Breadcrumbs

Comments

• Options