test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Event!

167891012»

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    although i am getting them random one of my characters did finish the accolade in 2 wks. now trying to do the accolade for everyone else :)
  • naryan#9475 naryan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    And I finally found the model.
    I now need a holiday from my holiday on Risa, so my sanity can recover. :P
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    And I finally found the model.
    I now need a holiday from my holiday on Risa, so my sanity can recover. :P
    I heard building sand castles is soothing. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Why is there no build a snowman event for Winter Event?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Because they are evil, EVIL!!!!
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Mok'Bara, Argument, and Fireworks are all fixed in today's patch. 20 minutes every two hours for each. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I'm very disappointed about Biathlon. In about 40% of races at least one gate doesn't recognize when i go through on it and can not go back to try again, the time is short. I hope it'll be fix for next year event (but i know, there's a three years old invisible floater-bug :()
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    My one and ONLY time running the event, ended in disaster:

So I spend weeks grinding, for accolades and clothes I can't wear anywhere else. I finally make time to 'cash out' at event end and use account bank to consolidate all my lol'nuts on one toon that I'm still running the scavenger hunt on, and buy all the kit modules my other toons have worked so hard for. I got to put them in my bank and discover to my horror they're ALL bound to the toon that cannot use them.

I've been buying modules off the exchange for quite a while, passing them between toons to upgrade and passing them back and never seen this behavior before. I've even moved clothing boxes between toons from this event without ever thinking twice about, all without issue.

Now I've blown my wad from the last character still playing in the zone, with currency from the other characters to buy the stuff they've been told about in the event announcements, and ALL those EPIC kit modules that toon is incapable of equipping are bound to it. WTF moment. Tens of thousands of credits wasted, maybe a hundred hours of grinding wasted. No lockout what-so-ever keeping an incompatable character from buying REP gear he cannot use. No way to recover the expenses. Not even a gold colored trash can to throw them into.

Thanks Cryptic, ya got me again.

Feels like time for another vacation. GG
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Summer Event is over. :(

It was fun while it lasted. HATED the Biathlon because of the transition between board to floater. Wasn't too thrilled at other people taking my power boosts and making me get Finished instead of 1st Place. I do wish we had more Horga'hn Hunts than Artifact Hunts.

I hope next year we get some underwater stuff and more ways to earn tons of Favors since the BOFF abilities are a bit expensive. Most importantly, I hope we get a Pet Tab so that we can buy all the pets from the Event.

See you next year, Risa! :smile:
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    That invisible Floater seems to be an issue on a borked Costume Slot. I tested it further today. In that slot I have swimwear on. The slot is identified as 'Additional Outfit' but isn't, obviously. In that slot I can wear swimwear anywhere. Floaters dissappear in that slot only. I created another slot with the same swimwear and the Floater did NOT dissappear.

When I tried renaming the problem slot from Swimwear to Swimwear-everywhere, the System balked and stated that there were improper outfit parts in that slot. I didn't rename and it kept it as it was before.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    invisible floaters seems to be a kdf (big surprise...) problem, because i have yet to see it appear on any of my kdf characters, borked swimsuit slots or not​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    My two Characters that have that problem are KDF.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    Summer Event is over. :(

It was fun while it lasted. HATED the Biathlon because of the transition between board to floater. Wasn't too thrilled at other people taking my power boosts and making me get Finished instead of 1st Place. I do wish we had more Horga'hn Hunts than Artifact Hunts.

I hope next year we get some underwater stuff and more ways to earn tons of Favors since the BOFF abilities are a bit expensive. Most importantly, I hope we get a Pet Tab so that we can buy all the pets from the Event.

See you next year, Risa! :smile:

If others got the boosts, then they weren't "yours" were they? Kidding aside, it would be nice to have some kind of explanation of what the intended mechanical function of those boosts is. I suspect that the actual 1st person to hit them, not what you see as the 1st, is the one that gets it out of the crowd, and then there is a short cooldown where nobody gets it until it recharges. It's certainly not my favorite mechanic in the game, since it just multiplies the person in the lead's lead the whole way, unless they lose control somewhere.

I'd definitely be for more Horga'hn hunts, but don't clog my available time with that pitiful payout called Dance Off, please.

Ideally, I'd like to see the instance divided up into neighborhoods so that everybody can have their personal favorite events starting every 30 minutes. They already have the neighborhoods cut up, just going by the transporter destinations. Have the Resort one have Dance Off and Horga'hn Hunt each half hour, the Promenade could have Making Waves and maybe Castles in the Sand and Qwen's Camp could have Artifact Hunt and Biathlon.

And prices, rewards or both could use an adjustment. Everything in Winter is easier to get, making Lohlunat feel like a major grind.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.