test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

De-NERF the Bat'leth

Canonically speaking, Starfleet has always feared being boarded by Klingons armed with the bat'leth sword, due to it's immense power in the close quarters of a starships' corridors. The same used to be true of the Bat'leth in-game. Long ago, one could switch the game into shooter mode and deliver powerful attacks with the bat'leth while moving, similar to how one can fire any energy weapon while moving. This allowed a skilled combatant to approach a ranged attacker with the defensive buffs of sprinting, slip around behind while starting a combination, and finish them off with a powerful flanking finish. Now, even in shooter mode, one must stop moving and set ones feet to swing the bat'leth, completely negating momentum and making a ripe target for a slow-reacting ranged combatant. Federation rightly feared the bat'leth, but now it is more of a liability than a terrifying warriors' blade. Why go to all the work of changing the mechanics of this weapon, only to destroy what that weapon has always been: the stuff of nightmares?

Not to mention it's very unbalanced to be able to move and fire, but not able to move and melee.
Tagged:

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    For what its worth I agree with you. I only use this weapon on my klingon engineer as fatal fists reduces the damage resistance of the targets so nicely for the mines and bombs to go off. I would love to see some glory returned to that weapon directly. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    dont play klingon much . but i agree the batleth should be feared
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    We can start by making newly -generated Batleths NOT be gimped by missing a modifier (this has been a bug for years and NOTHING has been done about it...)
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    why does it have to be newly-generated ones? missing modifiers is usually something that can be retroactively fixed on already-existing items​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.