test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to ruin an MMO in less than 7 months...

blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
OSj2ocB.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    :popcorn:
    Oh this thread has some possibilities.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Inb4 forumites claim everything is fine with the game. :D

Which isn't a realistic statement to make, as everything has flaws and weaknesses.

I also like to point out that some points the OP made were highly subjective. Complaining about queue issues is fine, complaining about subjective taste in ships is not.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I5TPwQ6.png​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    In before lock.
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
    Can I haz your stuffz?

Just trying to cover all the bases...
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    ankylonankylon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    CARRIERS ARE FOR BORING PEOPLE!

Some of the stuff mentioned in this post has been discussed and debated in Tunebreaker's thread. But I am offended by the quote. :(

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Salas_Small.png
  • Options
    blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    ankylon wrote: »
    CARRIERS ARE FOR BORING PEOPLE!

Some of the stuff mentioned in this post has been discussed and debated in Tunebreaker's thread. But I am offended by the quote. :(

Ome on... that is funny stuff :)

Lock this thread... It would be the best thing they could do. They cant legitimate this thread fast enough...

Tunebreaker? I dont know who he is or neither have I read the thread... I am a frustrated player watching this game crumble over the last 7 months... if they had similar points then good for them.

More people have to step up and complain.
  • Options
    doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Well That totally happens in many games for many reasons. a few years back when it was decided to go to level 60. There were many platers and even Fleets lost because of the high amount of XP nede to just advance 1 level, and the enemy were harder to overcome. Cryptic has always done what they "can" to assist with the enjoyment of the game imho. What I personally encountered at the begining of my STO experience is something which may not be as common as it was many years back. Community, comradery, and the sence that there are actual friends in the game that have your back, and want to include you in there play time. It's an old miracle called friendship and belonging. If a game is buggy and doesn't seem to be going the right direction. That takes back seat to spending time with friends to have fun and learn. "IMHO" I placed that before some starfleet twitch stream one time that was brainstorming how to make the game better and I was almost totally ignored. almost. They just wanted to see what they could do with the game to make it more entertaining. I on the other had was directly concerned with the players. How the game can cause interaction, promotes team base playing They should make a storyline that requires teaming. maybe not a full 5 but at least 3 - 5. That all 3 elements of a squad must be represented to win, Science, Tactical, and Engineering.
    We all have ideas to better the game. I think it's past time we let them be known.
    Fleet Admiral Greybast outtie. :)
    P.s. You challenged the Devs. ... I challenge you to make your ideas made known to them so they can have a fuller understanding of what the members want and/or need. :)
    Peace to you, Live long and get over it.
    A wise man once asked me. You look bored what's the problem? I lost a piece to the game I like and now I can't play it. He asked me why? I said because you can't play it without the piece. He said why?
    I couldn't answer him so I tried and found out I could play the game without the piece and have just as much fun. Expand your paradym. Make the game your's not those who made it. Ok I'm done :D no wait ... heheheh
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    giphy.gif
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    uwWW9zM.png

Wow what a rant OP.

Welcome to the real end game of STO forum Posting. Have you been around post LoR or even after DR? This game has been up/down ever since with emphasis on $$$ rather than design.

Check the doom threads for some closure and you will see where this topics come on and on.​​
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    *shrug
    I've just come to accept it's just an activity to waste my time, and an attempt to sell me something. I'm happier now being bored than trying to fight the system and demand they make what I would call fun. Some peeps like what they're doing now, so I just go with the flow.

BTW, aren't carriers the new meta ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Here I thought this was going to turn into a flame fest faster than you could say... well flame fest. But many of these responses are levelheaded and reasonable, well those that are more than the "Good-bye" posts that is. I am pleasantly surprised and will have to get back to this thread at a later time. As I don't have the time to say all that I would like to say currently.

Sigh, nevermind. Lock it down.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    OP: Well ... bye.

Sorry they are not building exactly the game you want. You should find some other game then.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    TLDR

Long-winded hyperbole makes me look profound!
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

AM I EXAGGERATING?

More than a little bit, yes.

Sure, the game has some issues. But not to the ludicrous extent that you're claiming.

(Also, as others mentioned, some of that stuff is pretty subjective.)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Hope you find a game you like, sir. ~curtsy~ Can I have your stuffs? :)

And I happen to LIKE pizza cutter, thank you. :p
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    TIME FOR....

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif​​
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Funny about the pizza cutter thing. One of my retirement gifts was an all metal USS Enterprise (Constitution) which the saucer was pizza cutter. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    To an extend a bunch of that is opinion, and some just timing/luck? Idk.. I've never had less than a 10 man summer race, I find the carrier rather fun, and I participate (not as much as I used to but that's not due to s13) in the dps channels. There is always churn in a playerbase and without numbers we can't really say what's happening. You're also not taking into account that the queues are not uncommonly slower during summer/winter events. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying we could be in a mix of different goings-on and I don't think its the same level of (other sci fi franchise milky way _______) expansion exodus
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    :D:D:D:D
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    victornite1976victornite1976 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Funny about the pizza cutter thing. One of my retirement gifts was an all metal USS Enterprise (Constitution) which the saucer was pizza cutter. :)

LOL Awesome!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    OP, the game is fine largely.
    Some things did need nerfing for balance reasons though I suspect other nerfs may be needed to even the playing field
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      Well That totally happens in many games for many reasons. a few years back when it was decided to go to level 60. There were many platers and even Fleets lost because of the high amount of XP nede to just advance 1 level, and the enemy were harder to overcome. Cryptic has always done what they "can" to assist with the enjoyment of the game imho. What I personally encountered at the begining of my STO experience is something which may not be as common as it was many years back. Community, comradery, and the sence that there are actual friends in the game that have your back, and want to include you in there play time. It's an old miracle called friendship and belonging. If a game is buggy and doesn't seem to be going the right direction. That takes back seat to spending time with friends to have fun and learn. "IMHO" I placed that before some starfleet twitch stream one time that was brainstorming how to make the game better and I was almost totally ignored. almost. They just wanted to see what they could do with the game to make it more entertaining. I on the other had was directly concerned with the players. How the game can cause interaction, promotes team base playing They should make a storyline that requires teaming. maybe not a full 5 but at least 3 - 5. That all 3 elements of a squad must be represented to win, Science, Tactical, and Engineering.
      We all have ideas to better the game. I think it's past time we let them be known.
      Fleet Admiral Greybast outtie. :)
      P.s. You challenged the Devs. ... I challenge you to make your ideas made known to them so they can have a fuller understanding of what the members want and/or need. :)
      Peace to you, Live long and get over it.
      A wise man once asked me. You look bored what's the problem? I lost a piece to the game I like and now I can't play it. He asked me why? I said because you can't play it without the piece. He said why?
      I couldn't answer him so I tried and found out I could play the game without the piece and have just as much fun. Expand your paradym. Make the game your's not those who made it. Ok I'm done :D no wait ... heheheh

I agree.... the people who stay around are the ones who play with friends and use the more social aspects of this game.

I am surprised Cryptic doesn't see this.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    • Options
      goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
      STO is a storytelling platform just as much as it is a game. Flesh out your characters, use your Captain's log, create a bio. I realize that Season after Season the release cycle is repetitive, but you can create your own private story. Fly what you like...don't fly what doesn't appeal to you. Put a crew in place, BOFF and DOFF. Customize your BOFF's and create bio's for them also. Missions in STO are just as much stories as they are part of a game landscape to fly around in. They tell a story. Cryptic developers release fiction and content. There's a story to be told. Create yours.
      klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
      OP: Well ... bye.

Sorry they are not building exactly the game you want. You should find some other game then.

I'm sorry, what ? Building ? I wasn't around in the beginning but wasn't this a mission oriented game at one time ? I began to see the changes around season 6 where the shift of gameplay was toward stuff instead of completing missions. We're now to the point that gameplay is ONLY about getting stuff. It's how we've been conditioned. The years of rewarding players for not playing the missions has reinforced the behavior that developing grind content is more desireable than making missions.

My main toon hasn't played a mission beyond the Davidian arc, yet fully rep'd, multiple specializations, all purple rep/fleet gear. I sometimes even forget this is a Trek game. Now that I think about it, I'm unsure any of my toons have played beyond the Davidian arc. I've been so conditioned to accept gameplay as the daily grind I seldom remember there's actually missions to play.

This is obviously the way STO is intended to be, amirite ?
      KBF Lord MalaK
      Awoken Dead
      giphy.gif

• Options
      fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
      edited June 2017
      If that's the way you choose to play it ... There's no right or wrong way. We have routinely gotten new story missions and arcs (some of them are very good) and if you're stuck back at devidian you are definitely missing out on a couple of decent mission rewards. I know a few people that drop in the beginning of a season, play the new story content, then disappear until the next new mission comes out. They avoid the grind entirely.
    This discussion has been closed.