What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Endeavor System!

Comments

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Best option for dil and ec to keep the status quo is to make them only usable for rep projects/fleet - we always want rep/fleet items so rewarding dil and ec only usable by them would make sense and more importantly, would help new players to get the sets they need to proceed in endgame, making endgame builds more open and simultaneously letting old players try out new gear without the painful costs attatched (138k dil for a 4pc space set, for instance is a big outlay for experimentation, so limits trying new things)

Reward it in an account transferrable box so you can put it on the right drone and theres no need for an account unlock (presuming, of course all alts can contribute to the endeavour total)

Edit- In a sidethought, it would likely promote fleet growth too as people would be happier to donate that dilithium and ec (when the temp recruit fleet dil boxes were accessible, most dil requirements were easily filled in the fleet I'm in, unlike currently where you have to give a part of your own grind earnings)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I like the idea, but the rewards are not enough to spark my interest.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Just don't make it a permanent, unhidable part of the interface like the server-wide hamsterwheel goal bars.

If it's useful, I'll use it. If not, I'll ignore it. But I don't want to look at "Collect particle traces 0/500" on top of the objective list for two or three days without the ability to at least hide that UI element.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    we don't have particle traces anymore - those were removed with the last crafting revamp

and the accolade tied to collecting all 10 was never updated, so anyone who had it in progress (like me) got TRIBBLE​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    This doesn't seem to be a "system" in the sense it's not "grind to the next rank" thing. This is more incentive for "hey, everyone fill this queue today" which I am fine with.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I actually thought this looked interesting. I'm all for other ways to get ec/dil as I don't get tons of either when I play. The players that do, that is a grind in itself. I usually just play content and vendor most everything I get from loot. That keeps me in enough ec to do what I need to do. If I need more I get a few keys with my stipend/Arc zen and sell those.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My prediction:

New Lockbox Infinity on July 6th including at a minimum the T6 D'Kora (Marauder) upgrade and incorporatation of Ferengi Lockbox.

About two weeks later Season 13.5 with Endeavor System, Ferengi Admiralty Campaign, and a new Reputation, probably Privateer.

New Lockbox with who knows what.

Any thoughts?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Coming in a future update, PC Captains will be able to complete a new Endeavor every two to three days to earn rewards in the game!

Full details here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10549024

Translation: "We notice players have stopped Grinding as much as they used to. Here's a NEW/SHINY grind mechanic to remedy that (Hey, it's easier and quicker then actual NEW mission content and it's 100$ Geko approved too!")
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Intriguing, most intriguing... might solve some of the empty queue problems that folks keep complaining about.
    THAT would be nice!
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    Translation: "We notice players have stopped Grinding as much as they used to. Here's a NEW/SHINY grind mechanic to remedy that (Hey, it's easier and quicker then actual NEW mission content")

Yes, that's the situation here. :/
    There's another mmo I play regularly where all they do is make a monthly grind event. And they recently made it more grindy because it wasn't grindy enough.
    Obviously I am not playing that one all day.......
    redvenge wrote: »
    STO has such a diverse selection races, factions, classes, ship types weapons and powers, that it encourages making multiple characters to explore all the different options in gameplay.

Truthfully, I lost interest in having new characters when Cryptic failed to provide my top 4 wishlist species for playable captains.
    2 of which should have been implemented long ago! :'(:(
    There is just so much to do getting a new character levelled in all the various grinds I am not doing for it for just another generic Trek character.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    jamiek81jamiek81 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I would honestly prefer events that keep going, i mean the temporal agent thing was fun and made rolling a 23rd Century Captain fun and worthwhile, but once it finished, it pretty much became just like being Starfleet, rendering the new start redundant.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    jamiek81 wrote: »
    I would honestly prefer events that keep going, i mean the temporal agent thing was fun and made rolling a 23rd Century Captain fun and worthwhile, but once it finished, it pretty much became just like being Starfleet, rendering the new start redundant.

Still waiting on a Mirror Recruit event...
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    When I read the head line I first thought "Strange name for a new mission; perhaps a new form of exploration attempt; a fully fleshed out system to explore with some new procedural methods added?" Then the description loaded and I face-palmed.

Well... maybe I accidentally do something which is also an "endeavor goal" when I'm back in my play more regularly phase but I cannot see me actively pursue that.
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    The rewards are lousy. If you give EC, all it is is going to cause inflation. And who needs marks?
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    @discojer
    It depends on what kind of marks.
    I think fleets, even maxed ones will always need fleet marks to run their projects.
    Provisioning Assignments partly require fleet marks, so they will always need to be donated/acquired.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Pros and cons of the Endeavor system and I'll throw weekend events in with this too.

Pros:
    •The endeavor system can help the "dead queues" issue. That is, the queues that don't get enough people to start them because they are unpopular for various reasons.
    •A lot of players need to be told what to do otherwise they don't play much after logging in. This is one of the challenges with an open world environment. The endeavor system and weekend events can help with keeping players online and engaged in something other than hanging around the exchange.

Cons:
    •As many have pointed out, weekends in the summer are busy for a lot of people. Any kind of limited time reward for a weekend event really stinks if you want it but can't be around for it.
    •How much to reward is a VERY fine line. If the reward is not significant enough, the player's won't participate. But if the rewards are worth getting, player's feel obligated to do the event and it turns into a job/grind for them otherwise, they may feel like they are "falling behind" or "missing out" if they do not participate.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Pros and cons of the Endeavor system and I'll throw weekend events in with this too.

That Footer picture is just SO disturbing LOL.
  • Options
    tenchivutenchivu Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Is the reward account-wide unlocked? If it isnt, then there is no point doing it. I, like many others, have many toons, and each plays different ships and weapons.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Shouldn't enable people with accolade addiction.

I need my fix, man. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I knew I should have known better than to think this was a new exploration system.

Even after all this time, I still want to boldly go. To seek out new life and new civilizations and NOT BLOW THEM UP.

To be fair, we boldly met the Lukari and did not blow them up. We DID have to defend them from being blow up by the Tholians.

That said, once we met their "cousins," the Kentari, we were forced to fight some of them, but only the ones that tried to kill our Lukari friends.

Lots of pew-pew, a bit less KAH-BLEW-WEE!
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

Pros:
    •The endeavor system can help the "dead queues" issue. That is, the queues that don't get enough people to start them because they are unpopular for various reasons.
    •A lot of players need to be told what to do otherwise they don't play much after logging in. This is one of the challenges with an open world environment. The endeavor system and weekend events can help with keeping players online and engaged in something other than hanging around the exchange.

I believe those "pros" would go far to aid what ails this game for most people.

I feel the biggest issue (for me as a casual) is always: waiting around for the time that "something" is supposed happen...

Which is one of the biggest problem with the Risa schedule this year. Also, from reading the forums, it is a big problem with PUG queues not "popping", or a decent PvP match, for that matter (probably). End up with waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for what one wants to do, vice actually doing it. I rather sign off and try a different time or do the same as everyone else is doing because of the reliability of being able to do it.

Maybe this "Endeavor" system objectives will help some different missions to occur in a more timely manner.
    That would be a good thing.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    meh, rekitting my ship to a different energy type to complete a project ain't happenning.
    Nice bait, but I'm not biting.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    thefish#2706 thefish Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    a pile of energy credits

just what we needed - MORE EC printing in an already massively hyperinflated EC economy and no sinks of worth to destroy it​​

The main place that I get rid of my millions of EC is when contributing to fleet holdings, but little is required per 'quest'.

also, when will this future update be? 13.5?
    doin ma best :)

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    July 18th.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns