test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would you like to see added to the C-store?

Comments

• captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I would definately love to see this: Lobi/lockbox ship account-wide unlock token token.

I'd very much like to see more ships from various species like more Caitian/Ferasan and Vulcan ships. Maybe even some from, say, Trill or more Orion ships. And always good to have more species to pick from when making toons.

And just because, more hairstyles for Caitians/Ferasans. They always seemed to have so few choices. I'd throw a few dollars at more hairstyles to pick from for some species that have limited styles.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I would like a T6 Constellation as others have mentioned.

I'll second that notion as well.
    My secondary toon has the best Constellation you can currently get (the Fleet type), but a T-6 would certainly be nice to drop the cost of the fleet version to 1-Ship module. A T-6 would also allow player's toons to have a T-6 version for over an entire account.

or at LEAST allow us to use the Constellation skin in the T6 Temporal Cruisers, those 4 engine ones. They are roughly the same size.

That alone would be enough to me.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • alphagoralphagor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    still waiting for a TOS style shuttle interior............and for smokebailey to put up a graphic of her giving out cookies and BLUE milk in a thong !

Seconding this one. Worst turndown ever. Already got everything TOS styled for my AoY char: ship, interiors, boffs, weapons. And that damn shuttle is still using the TNG skin.

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Even though it would not happen. I would not mind seeing both more tailor, and Alien race part options in packs you can purchase. Also I would not mind seeing them add in mini-story arc mission packs, which to me would be more like the option side missions in some rpgs have, and if priced right I could see these going over well actually (an yes we have foundry yet some players would rather play mission or arcs created by the devs than other players at times).
    still waiting for a TOS style shuttle interior............and for smokebailey to put up a graphic of her giving out cookies and BLUE milk in a thong !

Patience....patience. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • silk121silk121 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    mo8ius142 wrote: »
    (...Lots of GREAT stuff...)
    +1 on all these excellent suggestions, particularly new idle animations! Some of my favorite moments have been things like, on the mission with Rodek and Kuumaarke, jumping down the waterfall to take scans, and slapping the tricorder, or when listening to Cooper before suiting up, and the resting-**** face reaction to his plan :D

Additionally, definitely more T1 fun ships, and especially more CIVILIAN fun ships, would be really nice. For example, I have an all-Bolian, civilian mining crew, who exist solely to mine dilithium. Levelling him up to get mining access was actually a really fun experience, as that was the first time I'd ever played a noticeably non-human character. Sure, my main is an Alien, I have Romulan and Klingon alts, but from behind, they just look like any regular woman, but the Bolian: No hair, very differently colored skin, cranial ridge, it felt noticeably different to playing the other characters, and in a good way :) But getting back on-point, as a miner, he should be in command of a freighter like the Azura, Sela's souped-up garbage scow, or those freighters in orbit of Argelius II, not a Starfleet vessel. The exterior and interior graphics for those ships already exist, so why not throw the skins over the base code stats for something like the Nova or the Kazon Raider? Doesn't have to be something powerful like an Odyssey, just something which can get from A to B in timely fashion, and maybe even get in a Red Alert or two without being a public embarrassment? Perhaps 3/2 armament, two universal Lt.Cmdr seats, two Lt universal seats, or Lt and Ens universal? Nothing extreme in any discipline, but something flexible so each player can get their best fit?

I would definitely pay zen for something like that (and the above ideas) :) Thanks, devs #MakeItSo

I would love something like this....anything to help bring RP to the game
    smokebailey giving out cookies and BLUE milk in a thong !
    now i'd buy that for a dollar.........

I'd rather have keys or favors or ships XD
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but what is 'blue milk'? ~blinks anime style~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I have to add one more to my wishlist. A T6 USS Discovery with a universal self distruct console. Every time the self distruct console is activated, it creates a 100km explosion that destroys everything Star Trek and calls in random generic Sci Fi channel elements to repopulate your map.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator

It's a Star Wars reference. :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

It's a Star Wars reference. :smirk:

ahh, no wonder I am unfamiliar. Only real SW media i liked was the old lando novels.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    A T6 Orion carrier with 2 bays and Orion frigates.
    A T6 Romulan carrier with 2 bays and Romulan frigates.
    A T6 Ferasan Battlecruiser

Romulan uniform from Nemesis
    Tholian Boff
    still waiting for a TOS style shuttle interior............and for smokebailey to put up a graphic of her giving out cookies and BLUE milk in a thong on Risa !

check out the goddesses comic thread. B)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    The purpose of this thread is to promote discussion on what would inspire each of us to make further purchases in the Zen store.

My wife, son, and I are LTS players and the remainder of our post is just to describe our situation and what we are interested in seeing; I am sure other players have their own lists. You have our money and loyalty. We make additional purchases on a regular basis. We play all three factions. Our opinions are no more nor less important than any of those who might add to this discussion. That being said, I consider the C-store to be tapped out and do not intend to make any purchases besides an occasional lockbox pack for S&G. I have little interest in lockboxes and no interest whatever in R&D promos. My last purchase was a Reliant. Thank you for your excellent work on that. I consider your ship offerings to be quite good overall if a little faction-inconsistent, but we simply have too many for it to be worthwhile to acquire any more without a substantial reason.

The following things, added to existing categories, would potentially open our wallets:

Attractive T6 sub-faction ships, including additional Vulcan and Orion options and (future) Romulan sub-factions. I am aware this may carry a heavy development cost.
    New BOFFs. Development cost of this item has to be negligible.
    New DOFF packs. Development cost of this item has to be even more negligible.
    Additional Romulan, KDF, or cross-faction outfits. I am aware this may carry a heavy development cost.

Additional types of items would almost certainly open my wallet if they were found in the C-store (I realize some of these may carry heavy development costs):

Specialization fleshing out such that Commando or Strategist ships are created.
    Species reset token, especially if additional species with racial traits are created.
    Ship paints.
    Ship prefixes.
    Unique weapons or kit modules.
    Emotes.
    Lobi/lockbox ship > account-bind token.
    Transwarp delay remover.

Generally, I think the C-store would be more desirable to most users and make you more money if some development time was put into revamping and expanding it, and especially if more creative and interesting items were put in it. Please, give us a reason to give you our money. :)

More and cooler EMOTES and PET TAB please!​​
    DUwNP.gif

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Did I mention more Romulan ships? :D
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    What could cryptic sell to me to keep the game alive ? Currently ships and ships in lockboxes are supposed to be the answer.
    Admirality and ship specializations are all designed to encourage buying more ships.

But, all my captains have one, maybe two, specific ships they command. I'm not a ship collector.

Two more to go then all my captains have the T6 version of "their" ship. After that not much I see myself buying.

However, I'm interested in the pimp-my-ride part of the game. Customization, adding functionalities and so on. A realisitc bridge for my BoP and Vor'cha for starters instead of the concert halls we have atm.

Some sort of refit system would be nice. Instead of selling me a ship for 30 bucks every 3 or so years maybe 5 refit tokens for 10 bucks each are more pofitable ?

Powercreep is a necessity for every mmo, so why not incremental steps instead of the big item reset ?
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I just thought of it: Playable Romulan Federation captain :sunglasses:

Sure, a Romulan can become Fed-alligned, and thus has access to Fed ships, but they still have to wear Romulan uniforms, so yeah, an actual Federation Romulan, not just an aliengen headcanoned as being on an EB-1 visa :wink:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Or just make a Vulcan and pretend the label is different. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Or just make a Vulcan and pretend the label is different. :p
    That may create immigration issues :p

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
    Cross faction species....like Fed Gorn, KDF Ferengi, etc.

We got Fed Klingons and KDF Trills, so why not? :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Another vote for the T6 Constellation here - maybe they'll do something with it around the TNG 30th Anniversary, given that it was Picard's first command and we've already had a T6 Galaxy.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    A way to make low tier vessels useful. Currently players level up to T5 in anout a month at most, so the T1 fhrough T4 ships get used for about a week each. If the player moves slow, that is.

Ideas:

Assign BOffs, DOffs, and gear to each active roster vessel and they come as your Fleet Support in random rotation.

Create content exclusive to tiers so that to play a particular queued mission requires the use of a particular tier vessel.

Level matched PvP in which captains of higher level get temporarily level-matched to the appropriate power level for a particular tier.
    > @silverlobes#2676 said:
    > Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I just thought of it: Playable Romulan Federation captain :sunglasses:
    >
    > Sure, a Romulan can become Fed-alligned, and thus has access to Fed ships, but they still have to wear Romulan uniforms, so yeah, an actual Federation Romulan, not just an aliengen headcanoned as being on an EB-1 visa :wink:

If they do that they should also offer KDF faction Romulans, KDF Humans, RR Humans & RR Klingons (could even just say they are the Hybrids from TNG Bloodlines). The descendants of Khitomer, they could reveal themselves by now, & the Republic could use them.
    Definitely :sunglasses: Using the 'alien = visa status' notion, I created a Human for my KDF crew. Having a Fed-aligned Romulan, I can load Human boffs as exchange officers, but absolutely, a greater variety would be awesome :sunglasses:

Actually my KDF Delta Recruit is an Alien modelled into a Human. My Fed Delta is a c-store Klingon, and I made a RR Romulan/Klingon Hybrid out of an Alien too for my RR Delta.

Nice reversals, I like it :sunglasses: