test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you pay for Screen Accurate Bridges and interiors?

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
With the amazing work carried out by Thomas Marrone on the Constitution Refit, Pilot Connie and Miranda, most if not all of the hero ships are now looking better than ever, fantastic even, well done Thomas and thank you for working after hours on this project.

My question now is this. Isn't it about time the same love was shown to the interiors of these ships, at least the bridges. We have screen accurate interiors for some ships, Kirk's Connie, Voyager, and accurate bridges for the JJ ships, but what about the Galaxy, the Sovereign, the Connie Refit, and more, including accurate ready rooms, conference rooms leading off the bridge as in the Enterprise D.

Clearly this level of detail is expensive to produce and perhaps some would say a waste of resources, but is it? If the company can make a profit on these bridges and interiors they could hire new staff to cover the design and implementation.

So would you guys like to see screen accurate bridges or even full interiors if you had to buy them in the C store, even if the price was the same as a ship?

Would you pay for Screen Accurate Bridges and interiors? 166 votes

Yes I would pay for screen accurate bridges only.
11%
rakhohl#4803reyan01lordsteve1lexusk19kodachikunogeekysoldierarchsorcererxfeiqaghostmattertieberionegalattmsb777jiralinriadjf021eagleeyeabcaurigas7steaenvorwodatmghost7729#8985 19 votes
Yes I would pay for screen accurate bridges and interiors, I know this may cost as much as the ship or perhaps more.
57%
antonine3258bjornfriedberginsgaraks31baddmoonrizinchipg7mattjohnsonvakurumimorishitahawku001xsmokeybacon90e30ernestspielman1meimeitoobloodyrizjcsteelearliekkosdrakethewhitederrico1jbmonroetucker031 95 votes
No, this is not something I would spend money on.
31%
ikonn#1068coldnapalmssbn655allyoftheforcegaevsmanmustrumridcully0crypticarmsmandracounguisrepetitiveepicquesteriusswamarianarabaturwhere2r1mithrosnomorecaptainpugwash1seaofsorrowstunebreakercrashdragonthunderfoot#5163anazonda 52 votes

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Yes I would pay for screen accurate bridges and interiors, I know this may cost as much as the ship or perhaps more.
    I'm with the Nova fetishist.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I want to say yes. However, my biggest 'issue' with ship interiors is that we need something to actually DO there.

So my answer is 'Yes - if they made them more functional atop improving the aesthetics.

+1

The bridges and all are fine and nice looking but the times I actually visited one can counted on one hand. It hink I've been at the captain's table more often and that's once a year max.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    If I happen to like the bridge I’m willing to pay for it. How much I’m willing to pay is determined on how much I like it. Hope that answer helps the poll, lol. At least I can add that the quality of the kelvin bridges where that good that they played heavily into my decision to get the Vengeance as well as the Connie.

I hope that Cryptic takes this still somewhat missing element from the shows and integrates it into this game:

player’s housing = player’s ships = ongoing way to generate revenue.

Much better than sold power creep and leaving customers after nerfs.

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Yes I would pay for screen accurate bridges only.
    Yes i'd pay, provided it was a sensible amount.

But they do need to add something to do on there. Add some sort of extra storage space only accessible from the interior, small minor missions like those on the fleet starbases? Who knows.
    Even adding a means to read all those wonderful story blogs you guys do to some sort of on board library would be nice.
    SulMatuul.png
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Arnt we already paying for everything anyway?
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Yes i'd pay, provided it was a sensible amount.

But they do need to add something to do on there. Add some sort of extra storage space only accessible from the interior, small minor missions like those on the fleet starbases? Who knows.
    Even adding a means to read all those wonderful story blogs you guys do to some sort of on board library would be nice.

I'd like that. Three great ideas right there.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • lordzandor#5872 lordzandor Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I want to say yes. However, my biggest 'issue' with ship interiors is that we need something to actually DO there.

So my answer is 'Yes - if they made them more functional atop improving the aesthetics.

Actually, you can make yourself having stuff to do there. For example, in my fleet we occasionally do Star Trek trivia as part of bigger fleet events and we usually gather at the mess hall of a Romulan ship. I could very well foresee this changing to Ten Forward if we get TNG bridge + interior.
    If you are very much into roleplaying, you could also make yourself tour the ship and visit all the departments to start doff missions instead of doing it through the doff window.

But I also get what you mean and I agree. Functional interiors would be pretty awesome.
    fb4e279c70a13f40beed85b1da7177e8_large.png
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    No. There have been ongoing issues with bridges, such as boffs not sitting at their consoles properly (either above the chair, or sitting on the deck with their shins going into the deck) and many of the ships which I had selected a specific bridge for, have been defaulting to Origin for ages. I'm not going to pay money for something which is just as likely to be over-written to Origin :-\
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Yep! And also the ability to place BOFFs where you want them.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I dont care about bridges, perhaps if there where missions there... but no, not really interested..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Unfortunately, there are too many bridge interiors for them to actually do anything functional there, since it would necessarily require working on ALL those bazillion maps at the same time.
  • terribleromulanterribleromulan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I would love accurate TOS movie bridges, and would pay for them. What I would pay for hands down, no question, would miss a couple of meals to pay for would be functional TWOK uniforms that can be customized to the detail of TOS uniforms...I mean come on, we have the prize pack for the items and weapons of that timeline...it's...only logical....(yes...I peppered my reply with Shatner punctuation).
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I do not roleplay and I spend most of my time outside of the ship. Therefore, this is not something I am personally interested in.

However, exactly how much of the interior of the ship do you want access to? A small section of a deck or two with access to a few rooms like for example, the missions involving the USS Voyager? Or are we talking about a full blown deck by deck layout for the entire ship? Obviously, the latter is going to extremely time consuming (months of design) and expensive (hiring a staff to do such work).
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    I've bought bridges before - I like all my ships to have an appropriate bridge. These things matter :).

That said it would be heavily dependent on the bridge / interior in question; about the only one not in game I'd pay for is the 22c NX interior, and I'd happily drop 2K Zen for that.
  • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Where is a maybe option?
  • victornite1976victornite1976 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Bridge and Interiors. But before that, we need to be able to visit other areas of the ship, as for right not (on PS4) the turbolifts don't work.
    Post edited by victornite1976 on
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Not really, given the limited usefulness, I wouldn't spend money on them, accurate or not. :(
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No.

At $30 (USD) per ship, they should come with these things anyway.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    As much as I would love to see some better bridges/interiors, I have to agree that there's slim chance we will get them without something to do there. That being said, there are already plenty of missions in-game that take place inside a ship. Making generic Starfleet, Klingon, and Romulan interiors that can be used in past and future missions could meet such a requirement while also updating those older missions with better quality maps. The work itself would be done for that purpose, to be used as mission maps. The bonus would be giving that interior map to players for use as their starship interior. I've also held that startship interiors could be done like Fleet Starbases, but with projects scaled towards the individual, and instead of Fleet Holdings, new decks could be added.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

+1

The bridges and all are fine and nice looking but the times I actually visited one can counted on one hand. It hink I've been at the captain's table more often and that's once a year max.

We, the players, are partly to blame for that too (or largely even, maybe). People don't want to go to their bridges, and do doff missions from there. We used to have to go all the way down to Engineering even, to craft an Alient Artifact console, etc. But the people whined, wanted life of easy street, and have everything done, straight from their U.I. Well, there you have it. I, for one, would applaud if things like doffing became a bridge-only thing exclusively (doffing tends to be regional, though, so they'd have to work in where you currently located, in space, as the bridge map area likely doesn't have any doff missiond at all).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I'm not sure...I would definitely be interested in bridges...but full interiors I don't know...I'd have to see the price tag on them to decide.
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    I'd pay for meaningfull interiors for all ships [lobi, lockbox all promo and crossfaction included] wether they would be "screen accurate" or not

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

+1

We, the players, are partly to blame for that too (or largely even, maybe). People don't want to go to their bridges, and do doff missions from there. We used to have to go all the way down to Engineering even, to craft an Alient Artifact console, etc. But the people whined, wanted life of easy street, and have everything done, straight from their U.I. Well, there you have it. I, for one, would applaud if things like doffing became a bridge-only thing exclusively (doffing tends to be regional, though, so they'd have to work in where you currently located, in space, as the bridge map area likely doesn't have any doff missiond at all).
    I have a little post-game ritual where I would visit the bridge, do a tour of each station, then send the toon to her quarters for the night :D
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Given they can't even get crew members to sit in chairs properly, I think asking for accuracy is too much.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I will only ever again spend money on interiors if mission content is happening more regularly there. Or maybe if it's bundled with a ship I'll buy anyway.

It doesn't seem that they can really do that, so meh, if they never make a player ship interior ever again, I wouldn't shed a tear.

And if they ever make mission and Foundry useable interiors, I don't care about screen accurate. I want ship in a bottle episodes.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I would honestly only pay no more than 1.5k Zen for a fully fledged TNG interior like the Voyager one. Give me a TNG interior and I'll be happy even if another one never comes. Don't really care for any other interior given how expensive ships are already.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Well I DEFINITELY would buy interiors that are screen accurate.

We have a lot of movie era ships, such as Excelsior, Connie, Stargazer, Ambassador, Oberth, Miranda and who knows what else may make it in to the game!

A single movie era interior, be it the Wrath of Khan era bridge or even the Undiscovered Country bridge would be VERY welcome and we would have a lot of people purchasing this movie era interior. I love that we have a complete Voyager interior- I don't expect a complete wrath of khan or undiscovered country interior, but even just a bridge would be fabulous.

While I agree that we should have more to do on our ships so that our ship truly becomes a home, I still think a screen accurate interior will add to the immersion for players and a lot of us would buy it.

There's a new designer on STO who already has a movie era interior modeled. I bet he could take his models and augment them for the game, or at the very least he is an expert with movie era interiors.

Take our money Cryptic!!! GIVE US THE MOVIE ERA TO COMPLETE OUR SET :D
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I would pay for a bridge costume option. To clarify: Allow players to fit their ship with the bridge of their choice, with the proviso that they have to own the ship who's bridge they wish to use on another ship. Who wouldn't want the Kelvin lens-flare fest on their Intrepid? etc.
  • bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    Although I would welcome added utility to Bridges/Interiors, I would still pay much for them from the RP perspective.

BCW :)