What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

=/\= STO Executive Producer Stephen Ricossa Interview =/\=

Comments

• Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    A couple of questions, suggestions and points:

-Could the facility be added, so that players with custom Alien characters, could name their creations as their headcanoned race? For example, rather than reading 'Alien Female' it could, for example, be changed to read 'Jek'hu Female'. Players can change character and ship names, this would be a nice option to have.

-T6 Nova class
    -T4 New-Orleans class as a supplement to the Exploration Cruiser when reaching L30. (Consider this a Combat Cruiser with similar stats to the Galaxy Class, but a turn rate of 16, rather than 7)

-Cardassian boffs - Z Store (Engineering skills)
    -Deltan boffs - Z Store (Trait/skills as per KDF Orions. But for Feds)
    -Lukari boffs - Z Store (Science skills)
    -Vaadwaur boffs - Z Store (Tactical skills

-Give Romulan Embassy boffs the ability to wear Starfleet uniforms, rather than just Romulan uniforms or Romulan civilian clothes.
    -Give Klingons a wider range of long-hair styles rather than just 'dreads'. Think House Duras hairstyles. And on that note:
    -House Duras cranial ridge option for Klingon characters and boffs

-Is B'Ellera actually Worf's daughter? (I think she has the cranial ridges of House Mogh)

-Please consider hiring Jennifer Hetrick to reprise her role of Vash, for a mission, possibly relating to exploring the civilization of the Draconis System or next year's summer event.

-Put some Lobi items in the Latinum Store, such as Ferengi-themed or Trader-themed items. Make the Latinum store a worthwhile ec sink.

-What kind of familiarization and training is given to new devs, in the complexities of the legacy code? Could this program be improved to minimize or even prevent, some of the bugs and glitches which frequently occur during weekly maintenance, which sometimes necessitate a second 'Emergency Maintenance' downtime the next day.

-New faction concept: Pirate/Independant Trader. Players can only use items received as drops, traded, or purchased through the exchange.
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Tellarite Ships as engineer compliments to Andorian tactical and Vulcan science vessels.
  • Options
    eligold9#9115 eligold9 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Basically, there is so much potential for role play in the open world of STO, but little development in that direction.
    Namely:
    1. Would you develop the ship interior to be more detailed and varied for different ships?
    2. Would more locations be developed and opened for players (Rigel, Denobula, Trill, Betazed, etc.)?
    3. How about open the Foundry for more than 5 people at a time?

Thanks!
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    If we ever get a T6 Vor'cha: Is there a chance it will include all the design elements available to consider it a top choice for cannon builts ?

And will it come to STO with it's nose mounted weapon ?

This one here at 2:30: https://youtube.com/watch?v=CLjAn7xBOiw

Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    -Is B'Ellera actually Worf's daughter? (I think she has the cranial ridges of House Mogh)
    No, I think what he said the end of "Bringing Down the House" makes it clear that she's just a pupil of Worf's combat training efforts with House Martok's young bekks, like the Mok'bara classes he used to lead aboard the Enterprise. Although according to the Path to 2409 backlore, Worf had another son with Lady Grilka named K'Dhan (he doesn't appear in-game).

Also Admiral D'Vak, formerly of Battle Group Omega, is Alexander Rozhenko's son, which also makes him Worf's grandson.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    I'll bring this again altho I am pretty sure it will get ignored.

When will we see again the Elite version of the Borg STFs. And if never, what is the reason behind this decision? There are good content and in fact better then the ones we got after Delta Rising, with clear and non-random objectives and so on. There are also accolades and costume options tied up to those elite versions, that characters after Delta Rising cant access anymore. This is going on for years...

What about exploration? The old exploration, even if it had its flows and was hated by some ppl (I actually liked it), was Something compared with the Nothing we have now. When can we see the exploration content promised when the old one was scraped?

• Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    No, I think what he said the end of "Bringing Down the House" makes it clear that she's just a pupil of Worf's combat training efforts with House Martok's young bekks, like the Mok'bara classes he used to lead aboard the Enterprise. Although according to the Path to 2409 backlore, Worf had another son with Lady Grilka named K'Dhan (he doesn't appear in-game).

Also Admiral D'Vak, formerly of Battle Group Omega, is Alexander Rozhenko's son, which also makes him Worf's grandson.
    I wondered if she might have been an unacknowledged child, like how in Twenty Years After, by Dumas, Raoul was really Athos' son, but treated as his ward, for the sake of social appearances :)
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    I can't help but wonder, after the Miranda remodel, how high is a model revamp of the Connie Refit on the priority list?
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Any plans to retune specialization (Intelligence, Command) abilities since the major balance pass is complete?

Somewhat jokingly, you could pass along there's at least one person who would pay the Zen price of a T6 ship in exchange for a model revamp of the Refit Connie if it comes with a TMP/TWOK era bridge & interior.
    Post edited by vampeiyre on
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The low tier ships, after leveling past them, are useful only as Admiralty cards. What kind of ideas have you investigated to make them more useful in game, (and thus potentially make better sales in the C- store?)
  • Options
    bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    When will an "Exploration System" be implemented?

Regards. BCW :)
  • Options
    kapla5571kapla5571 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Q. Can we get to option to use the winter event klingon fishing gauntlet as a melee weapon please. It just looks like it could open a can of whup TRIBBLE in a melee engagement. i would even pay a Dilith fee if it unlocked the weapon post winter event.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    mattaukett wrote: »
    2) There's been a many examples over the years of content that's gone to Tribble buggy, been fixed and then gone buggy again on release to Holodeck or where changes simply seem to have been rushed out last minute with little or no testing (e.g. the new queue interface). Can you give us an idea of what QA processes you use to try and reduce this and also give the community some confidence that this is an area which is being addressed?

I'll add to this:

Animation bugs: The new animation system was released on Tribble two weeks before "Agents of Yesterday". This introduced numerous animation bugs. A few bugs were fixed before and after launch. The rest remain unfixed to this day.

Doffing bug in sector space: Since the sector space revamp of Season 10, doff assignments don't update correctly in sector space. This issue was reported early on. I filed five bug reports on Tribble a month before the release of Season 10; I filed them again on Holodeck after launch. Other people reported the problem shortly after launch as well. It remains unfixed more than two years later.

Risa bugs: Two months before the start of the summer event, I sent Salami Inferno a list of bugs on Risa. Since then, they've fixed two or three of them (the most obvious ones); the rest remain unfixed.

EDIT: Some text to get past the post-eating spam filter
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Doffing bug in sector space: Since the sector space revamp of Season 10, doff assignments don't update correctly in sector space. This issue was reported early on. I filed five bug reports on Tribble a month before the release of Season 10; I filed them again on Holodeck after launch. Other people reported the problem shortly after launch as well. It remains unfixed more than two years later.

Ooooh. This.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    M'ress hair for Caitian females anytime soon? (We've been waiting 6 years so far...)
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Currently we have relatively few choices for bridge officers with good space traits. Filling the bridge of my Kumari or the one of my Vor'cha with Andorians/Klingons comes at the price of reduced ship performance.

Q: are there any plans to introduce more space traits for our bridge officers ?
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Fixing old bugs and better QA are my only concerns at the minute. That and a full season like DR instead of the drip-feeding of story missions we've had of late.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Any plans to make STO "GREAT AGAIN" without building a space wall :) or nerfing the poor little old Science Captain ?

Oh and Vor'cha where's my t6 Vor'cha please.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    we have a online trek mmo and a on air show with discovery! that's a huge opportunity. wouldn't parallel projects be something ?!
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I can't help but wonder, after the Miranda remodel, how high is a model revamp of the Connie Refit on the priority list?

Check out the news. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    aleluya#3402 aleluya Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Can we expect the release of the t6 Vor'cha and Vo'Quv on the "ZEN STORE" before the second coming of Christ?
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    Much like the people here is there any hits that can be given to the status of a T6 Vorcha or Norway if not what ship news can you give us?
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    delaromadelaroma Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    can we please have some word on when a DS9 Revamp will happen, when a New Romulus completed city, better ship interiors (I'm very grateful for the Connie and Miranda outside updates, but how a bout some love for the inside of the ship)

Inventory tab for pets, on saying that more combat pets would be cool. staying with the Inventory tab when selling junk to the vendors can the Crafting Mats been moved so gear is shown first, then Mats (just to make life a little easier type thing)

Sorry, sound more like a wish list than questions to ask.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As I said before, you are never going to get a New Romulus completed city. The labor force to build it is constantly yawning and slacking off to the point that we need to continually admonish them to work. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    What would the odds of ToS era Romulan and/or Klingon faction(s) similar to the UFP ToS characters?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Between 0 and none, unfortunately.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I'd ask would you consider season 13 and the introduction of the new PvE UI, Balance pass and PvE/P queues a success or have you seen a drop in player activity/behavior since it went live ?.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    1.) Favorite Ship Material Type? (Set or otherwise)

2.) Any teasers for:
    -a.) Next Specialization
    -b.) Next Expansion
    -c.) Next Story Arc

3.) Any plans for a PILOT Cruiser/Science Vessel? (with maneuvers)
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Next Expansion. WHEN?
    Next FACTION and when?
    Pet tab and R&D tab additions?​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.