test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Announcing the Ferengi Admiralty Campaign

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    When I thought what the next Admiralty Faction will be, I was thinking it would be a possible playable game faction. Like the Dominion or something like that.
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Gents don't ask for lobi as they will not give you that. Even if they would consider at best 3-5 lobi per the 10th tour of duty is best one can hope. So for a gambling/non-combat pet device about 60 days of admirality
  • captainchapman12captainchapman12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Captains on PC will soon have a new Campaign to send their ships on - not for exploration or glory, but cold hard profits.

Full details here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10542693

How about when you complete the 10 day you get Lobi crystals or one key instead. What is the point of tons of ore if you can only refine 8000 a day.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, they 'forgot' how to give Lobi out during Featured Episode Reruns, so you certainly won't get any here.

Besides an Auto Assign like Doffing, they need to fix the Federation 10 of 10 rewards after maxing out all Specializations. Instead of 2 Spec Points you get 5,760 Dilitium. Hardly an equivalent to the 10 of 10 of the Federation or Ferengi Campaigns.

Other Portents from this. The Ferengi D'Kora and Ferengi Lockbox will be updated to T6 and added to the Infinity. Perhaps a non-GPL Nagus Marauder.

I am feeling a distinct Privateer/Marauder bent with recent additions to the Lockbox/Lobi Store/R&D Promotion/Admiralty Campaigns.

Since we got a new R&D School, a new Admiralty Campaign, and an off the normal six month schedule Reputation (three month, Competitive Wargames), we are definitely due for another grindfest - a new Specialization.

Hamster wheels, on your mark, get set....
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Yeah, they 'forgot' how to give Lobi out during Featured Episode Reruns, so you certainly won't get any here.

Besides an Auto Assign like Doffing, they need to fix the Federation 10 of 10 rewards after maxing out all Specializations. Instead of 2 Spec Points you get 5,760 Dilitium. Hardly an equivalent to the 10 of 10 of the Federation or Ferengi Campaigns.

Other Portents from this. The Ferengi D'Kora and Ferengi Lockbox will be updated to T6 and added to the Infinity. Perhaps a non-GPL Nagus Marauder.

I am feeling a distinct Privateer/Marauder bent with recent additions to the Lockbox/Lobi Store/R&D Promotion/Admiralty Campaigns.

Since we got a new R&D School, a new Admiralty Campaign, and an off the normal six month schedule Reputation (three month, Competitive Wargames), we are definitely due for another grindfest - a new Specialization.

As long as that "Privateer/Marauder bent" leads to a true cross faction faction (Nausicaans and Orions and Klinks and Gorn and Humans and Trill and Remans, etc) then I'm happy.

Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me....
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Any more admiralty is good for me, It is how I get a decent amount of daily allowance of dilithium. Gotta feed the fleet....

How about that instead of giving actual dilithium they give fleet project vouchers, that way it helps build out some fleet that are in desperate need of DIL, but people want to spend dil on their own stuff and never fleet stuff.

Maybe have the admiralty missions give either "Fleet project vouchers" or "Fleet equipment Dil vouchers" Project vouchers can only be used for fleet projects, and Equipment vouchers are good for buying stuff at fleet stores like DOFFs, BOFFs, and fleet weapons, consoles, etc...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I love the Admiralty system, and I like dilithium. I'll take this one!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I saw new Admiralty track and was thinking "Nice! Something new!" Saw it involved personal wealth, thought "YES! ECs! Ratty needs new outfits!" Then... saw GPL and...
    sad_rainbow_dash_on_cloud_by_dasprid-d7d4xnd.png
    I'll be in my corner. Nothing really useful in GPL Store. Sad Day.

Only real way to game the Admiralty System on the DL rewards would be get Klingon to ToD 9, then get Ferengi to ToD 9, then try and land both ToD 10. More effort than its worth.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • aeternusdoleoaeternusdoleo Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Hm. Interesting. 30K dil / 10 days *2 = 6K dil/day. Add the 2k dil from a daily "turn over contraband" and you can supplement a large list of alts purely from admiralty, never flying a mission. All you need is a ton of ships that are unlocked accountwide...
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Ex-PWI player (Dawnglory): Ulsyr (BM 104/104/103)
    Now on STO. More fun there.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Hm. Interesting. 30K dil / 10 days *2 = 6K dil/day. Add the 2k dil from a daily "turn over contraband" and you can supplement a large list of alts purely from admiralty, never flying a mission. All you need is a ton of ships that are unlocked accountwide...

Need more ships for admiralty purposes..... That's where they get ya!

Actually the mirror ships are worth getting now a days for just admiralty tokens. especially the sci ships.

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Especially the Romulan and Klingon ones.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Captains on PC will soon have a new Campaign to send their ships on - not for exploration or glory, but cold hard profits.

Full details here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10542693

You made a mistake, But I'll fix it for you. you meant to say...

Look everyone we re-skinned the KDF Admiralty System, we do good! right...?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I didn't see a date for this, just the mention that it was coming at a future update. Any chance we can get something more concrete than - sometime in the future?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I think it's a good addition. I'm not looking forward to grinding again, but with Admiralty it really is go at your own pace.
  • phtaylor23phtaylor23 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    This new Admiralty is kinda cool, yet I feel maybe after 10 Tours of Duty you get 30 lobi. Which means 30 days to get a 900 lobi ship. (I think my math is off)

This would be useful for people that can't afford to buy keys whether it's zen, or EC.

Now I know there maybe some people who think that is over powered, or under powered. If that is the case then lower or raise the lobi accordingly.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

As long as that "Privateer/Marauder bent" leads to a true cross faction faction (Nausicaans and Orions and Klinks and Gorn and Humans and Trill and Remans, etc) then I'm happy.

They have been building up the pirate/outlaw concept with the Nak'hul (sp?) captain and his Ferengi fiance first officer.....
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Idea... Have some of the random items it gives be Lobi or GPL. Make it more worth the while to do the campaigns.
    Completing assignments for the Ferengi Trade Alliance offers various rewards, with a primary focus on Dilithium Ore and Gold-Pressed Latinum.
    So, there is GPL rewards already. For Lobis, no chance, unless it's like 1 per crit chance on specific assignments, once a day only.

What I hope is a revamp of the Latinum store, because so far, most of the items are mostly useless AND on a timer.

Also, I dunno how to feel about the Tour of Duty granting the same reward as the KDF ToD. More Dil is always good (except for the Zen-Dil exchange ratio until a Phoenix Box event arrives to clean the saturation), but I'd have expected and welcome something to distinguish both campaigns, like less Dil but 5,000,000 EC per account per day for example.

Yeah, I've got thousands of GPL in lockboxes, never gonna touch the stuff without a serious upgrade of the GPL store. It's worthless, useless and completely superfluous. Not even sure if the admiralty card is worth the effort.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I really don't care for the admiralty system and especially for this new addition.

The admiralty system should be more like being able to use some of your ships in missions and such. You would then have to make sure all we're equipped and built up instead of dry docking the ships you really don't use.
  • leoanimaleoanima Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    phtaylor23 wrote: »
    This new Admiralty is kinda cool, yet I feel maybe after 10 Tours of Duty you get 30 lobi. Which means 30 days to get a 900 lobi ship. (I think my math is off)

This would be useful for people that can't afford to buy keys whether it's zen, or EC.

Now I know there maybe some people who think that is over powered, or under powered. If that is the case then lower or raise the lobi accordingly.

Your math is off as you suspect, takes a min of 20 hours to complete each 1 of 10 for the full tour of duty. Roughly 10 days in most cases, so 3 per day if they did go with Lobi (which they won't in all likely hood) so 300 days for that ship you mentioned (just about 6 weeks shy of a year).

end response~

my stuff :expressionless:

Reality check time - as mentioned previously - only 3 missions can be run at a time - it's takes roughly 15~16 missions a day to cycle up the next tour of duty mission, you can only have 8 slotted a time - so you'll have to collect and reassign those slots 2 times a day - at minimum (you can of course use pass tokens - but those run out). So if you could run 30~32 missions a day - this could eliminate the need to do anything else for you daily 8k dilithium refining limit (not including Vet / fleet mining missions).

THAT is nutty - it would take over 60 T4+ ships to do that turn over daily (or running a lot of shuttle missions - toss a shuttle at it knowing it will fail), I can do it - I've got over 150 admiralty cards - BUT no way am I touching that system more then the 2 times a day I already do.

In short - it's much easier to punch in numbers of a spread sheet then develop some actual content. MORE PLAYABLE CONTENT PLEASE - not more combat nerf batting , and DEFINATELY not more "content" that is effectively meaningless and just makes it looks like something is being developed - like .. Admiralty campaigns.

If admiralty was cool - it would have involved actually outfitting ships - and sending them on missions, or accompanying them on missions - not some less user friendly reiteration of the duty officer system.
  • aeternusdoleoaeternusdoleo Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »

Need more ships for admiralty purposes..... That's where they get ya!

Actually the mirror ships are worth getting now a days for just admiralty tokens. especially the sci ships.
    *shrug* I invested in a few shuttles (reduction of maintenance means your big ships cycle at 9 hr intervals), done the various summer and winter events (accountwide free ship) and bought the odd pack of ships with the dil from admiralty. Doing some fleet stuff if you get your alts into a moderate fleet can get you a few free ships from the fleet base if you're klingon or fed. Roms don't get those tho, but roms get extra free shuttles, so that evens out. Then there's the wormhole and temporal vortex modifiers which have an innate maintenance reduction. From what I hear that ferengi admiralty boat will have one too.
    It's not hard to do this, but yea, you need to invest in a few alts - extra character slots or subscribe.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Ex-PWI player (Dawnglory): Ulsyr (BM 104/104/103)
    Now on STO. More fun there.
  • sniperonxtcsniperonxtc Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Will we some day be able to buy this Nagus dread that was given to whomever players and is not available? Or at least let us spend something on making nandis and D'koras golden.

I didn´t spend a single penny on sto since the day I saw I can´t get a gülden ship - good marketing guys.

Peace
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.Much PAIN but still time.BELIEVE.There is GOOD out there.We oPpose DECEPTION.COnduit CLOSING/
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    smagaton wrote: »
    Bah, rather have master keys, 2-4 per tour would be a greast motivator for the next lock box event!!:)
    Make GPL great again - transfer some stuff from lobi store over:)
    And I can think of some examples: the tailor unlocks normally associated with lobi store armors; and it can be an alternative currency for the lobi outfits, period.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited June 2017

They have been building up the pirate/outlaw concept with the Nak'hul (sp?) captain and his Ferengi fiance first officer.....

Oh I know.

First it was the origin story from a while back that introduced them (though that was more likely a throwaway at the time).

Next was the Privateer Lockboxes along with the Lobi store items (Husnock Warship, Privateer Outfit, Privateer Armor, and the set pieces).

Then we got the Amerie promo ship along with the second part of the privateer story.

Now we have the new Ferengi Admiralty campaign.

It's worth noting that the admiralty campaigns have been synergistic with the three factions (i.e. - each faction has it's own corresponding Admiralty campaign... 23c Fed is still Fed, so it gets rolled into that) until now, where we have a fourth Admiralty campaign without a corresponding faction.

Either this is the prelude to a new Independent Faction reveal, or it's the biggest set of coincidences in STO history.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I think there's way too much tablet-click-and-wait stuff in the game as it is. The duty officer system, R&D system, admiralty system... These days I can hardly motivate myself to log in for longer than it takes to do the daily summer ship grind.
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    I think there's way too much tablet-click-and-wait stuff in the game as it is. The duty officer system, R&D system, admiralty system... These days I can hardly motivate myself to log in for longer than it takes to do the daily summer ship grind.

Exactly. I'm only doing the summer grind and use the saved time to play games who actually have playable content, instead of managing glorified Excel tables -_-