test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balancing issue

How is it that NPC enemies are able to find my cloaked ship? Also, why is it that when I'm part of a group in an episode all enemies focus on me to the exclusion of all else?
Tagged:

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    You could have a low Stealth stat and high Threat Control stat.

-Stealth obviously measures your ability to remain undetected while under cloak or Mask Energy Signature.
    -Threat Control measures how much you are basically broadcasting in order to get things to focus on you and not someone else. Basically means you draw aggro easier than others.

So a low Stealth stat and high Threat Control would mean you're going to be a target even while cloaked.

Its only a theory, but maybe you can check with some fleetmates in a private PvP. Have them on the other team, and see how far away they can detect you while under cloak. Some snoopers with high Stealth Detection can see cloaked ships up to 15-20 km away, while others who have bubkis for Stealth Detection won't be able to see a cloaked ship even if it flew up and kissed them on the bow.

Once you figure that out, maybe focus on your Threat Control. If all else fails... get a tankier non cloaker ship?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    High aux power should also improve stealth. There's also a duty officer that provides some aux power while cloaked to help with that too, although they're becoming kind of more rare on the exchange. I'm not sure if NPC science ships make use of sensor scan, but recently have been decloaked by one in the current mirror invasion event, and I was really close to them, so proximity might make a difference too. This is how it should work, cloaks as an ambush/evasion strategy countered by science officers and vessels capable of snooping.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Slot a Reman boff with Infiltrator, and you're good to go.
    3lsZz0w.jpg