test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online, The Game That I Love! Is it truly a No WIn Scenario?

Hello fellow Trekers!
I started playing this game right after the beta test and fell in love with it! I felt that it was truly the cutting edge of bring folks together to accomplish a common goal. Then borg stf's came out and I knew then that I was hooked. Cryptic had its ups and downs with content and being able to release it in a timely manner but being able to fall back on teaching folks how to get through the stf's kept me busy enough to stay the coarse. Over the years there where times where we were given missions that made us use a voice program to get through missions that too promoted teamwork and it was awesome.

Teamwork is what brought my fleet together and kept us hungry for more of that great content but something happened when the perfect world buy out came along. It seemed that the game started taking a turn for getting the most profit the quickest way. We started seeing the need for teams coming together to solve a mission a thing of the past. To compensate for this mission were introduced that the player could get buy without learning anything and could still get everything in the game. While this is a good model to keep the free to play coming in this has hurt the elite play that props up those that just want to log on STO for a bit then go play another game or more. The lack of needing to stay focused to get something is what holds the attention of those that stay logged into this game and do not visit another MMO.

The last mission that had any of the teamwork that I'm speaking of was "No Win Scenario" We ran that mission over and over again not for the reward but because we were doing it as a team. When announcing its removal you stated that not enough people where joining the ques. When confronted with the data that we always ran it in private your answer became "well we are just gonna take it off for overhaul" (its been over year) I submit to you that it was because you needed the elite play to jump into your meaningless other missions so that we could continue to prop up those folks who are not geared up to make it through a mission on advanced or elite.

Lower game play is what you continue to have us put up with. Instead of forcing the lower classed players to step it up a notch to get the gear to get into an advanced mission you play the odds that there will be at least 3 players on a team of 5 that will get 2 poorly equipped players through the mission. I submit to you that this is the reason why you removed the KICK player option or that the fact there is no minimum skill or gear requirements for any mission like that is set up in Never winter?

In closing its easy to see that this new season is nowhere close to being the best release ever. In fact myself and others have seen a sharp decline in players being in the game as a whole! There are plenty of folks that you can listen to that can help you make this game good enough for both the elite and the new player but YOU must look past your SHOW ME THE MONEY attitude and get your player base back. With new games on the horizon that will no doubt change the gaming world forever there is no reason why STO should not weather the storm with its franchise and stay alive. I humbly beseech you to truly evaluate what you have and what this game means to so many people and get back to what truly made this game worthy of the 52 million that perfect world payed for it and not how many people you can turn upside down to shake out their pockets.
END THE WELFARE PROGRAM CRYPTIC OR MAYBE WE NEED TO END YOURS!!!

Comments

• leguxoliverleguxoliver Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Star trek on-line have a great potential to make it a great game .

Lots or customization options for space / ground , for ships & everything .

Unfortunately the lack of challenge in pve / pvp just make sto as a Big shop where the only thing to do is Purchasing /buying stuff .

For which purpose ? owning it .. that s all once you get what you want (by grind / purchase ) either you try to get an other item or you leave the game .

For sure Ferengis enjoy a lot Star trek online ... why ? because The Grind Is Eternal ... & Ferengis win all the time .