test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Special Fleet Projects

tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Fleet System and Holdings
My fleet is a Ferengi Fleet. Well at least in my imagination it is. Temporal Consortium is the name of my fleet and it got me thinking even though the holding is Federation there are a lot of different species in the Federation. Could the developers make more special fleet projects to tailor fleets to reflect that? For example, for my fleet project maybe a operational Dabo table and maybe Ferengi banners etc. Or lets say Vulcan or Andorian decorations. Yes its more dillithium for us to spend but hey I sometimes buy zen to convert to dillithium and a lot of other people do too. Bigger fleets have more people and can handle the dillithium cost. It would also be a chance to customize fleets to different groups of people or social groups.
Post edited by tom40s on

Comments

• Options
    Well anyway I thought it would be a good idea to be able to customize each fleet space station to each "individual" fleet. A chance for each fleet to be unique if you will.
  • Options
    Does anyone think this is a good idea? Programmer's think we could do this? Really REally want a dabo table :smiley:
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    My Armada would have great use for this sort of thing, esp. Romulan/Reman Starbase skins.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Something like that could be some NPC's in K-13 with the big trident scanners, and remote controlled robotic arms for the hard to reach places instead of those 2 balcony NPC's with their phasers.
  • Options
    yes that's true but the star base has a lot of empty space where we could put a dabo table and banners for Ferengi, or any other species. As well as personalizing the other fleet holding so not every body's star base or holdings look exactly alike.
  • Options
    someperson22someperson22 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    tom40s wrote: »
    My fleet is a Ferengi Fleet. Well at least in my imagination it is. Temporal Consortium is the name of my fleet and it got me thinking even though the holding is Federation there are a lot of different species in the Federation. Could the developers make more special fleet projects to tailor fleets to reflect that? For example, for my fleet project maybe a operational Dabo table and maybe Ferengi banners etc. Or lets say Vulcan or Andorian decorations. Yes its more dillithium for us to spend but hey I sometimes buy zen to convert to dillithium and a lot of other people do too. Bigger fleets have more people and can handle the dillithium cost. It would also be a chance to customize fleets to different groups of people or social groups.

Yeah the fleet starbase in my opinion is a bit on the big side. I think they should make the main area smaller and expand the bar area and put a Dabo table in there and some other stuff that would expand the fleet starbase more and actually have people visit the starbase more not just for fleet weapons and fleet meetings but for more exploration and entertainment. Also have functional holodecks where you can have training, weapons testing different PVP maps etc. And maybe upgrade the other areas so it has more upgraded technology for the 25th Century things look out of place and some consoles just looks like it got dropped down in the middle of nowhere having no purpose whatsoever. Also if you owned a fleet I would want a different office not that standard one that Cryptic has on every ship! I would want one more like Admiral Quinn's office and also have another office for your second in command as well.
  • Options
    I like the idea of the special offices , and the fleet base skins are great too, are the devas reading this these are great ideas lets do it.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    someperson22 is right, if the fleet was more customized fleet members would have more reasons to visit the star base: it would be more popular. More fleet members might also contribute to fleet projects also.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    This has been asked for since the Fleet starbase was first added in. Since nothing was done you have your answer unfortunately. I would love to see Romulan fleets get a skin to redo the fleet SB, and ferengi pretty much anything could be added but I highly doubt it will.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck