test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things I would like to see in a hypothetical Gamma Quadrant expansion

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
As the title says
1. DS9 interior revamp.

2. Karemma, Tosk, and Paradans added to Federation playable species, and Dosi, Wadi, and Hunters added to KDF playable species, since we know these governments have relations with those races, and the wormhole to the GQ has been open and used since the end of the war. It makes sense a few members of these races would have joined up for diplomatic reasons.

3. Dominion War 2.0 storyline, and Anti-Dominion taskforce reputation + pve queues.

4. 2 sector tall, by 4 sector wide, playable Gamma Quadrant sector space map centered around the Idran Wormhole's GQ terminus.(the white boxed area in the pic below)

5. AoY style Cardassian faction that can join up with either the Feds or the KDF after their short mission list is done.

6. New Link, Female Changeling, Odo, and Hur'q being involved in the story in some way.

7. Gamma Quadrant themed fleet holding.

8. Cardassian admiralty campaign.

9. DS9 cast VAs

Anything else y'all would like to see in such an expansion? Plot ideas? races? episodes referenced?

Is8BRGw.jpg

Comments

• mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    I largely agree with most of these.

I don't think we'd get extra playable species, though (a shame). And we could see a Cardassian mini-faction, but if Cryptic wants to get really "conservative", then they can just add THAT to the three existing factions as a playable species.

I also don't think we'd get a Dominion War 2.0 storyline. I don't think we'd get them as a full blown enemy faction. The Hur'q, on the other hand...

Here's my rebuttal to your proposal:

Expansion 4 (first six months of 2018) will get:
    • Gamma Quadrant sector map, 4x2 sector space, accessible via DS9 sector space point or Wormhole approach in DS9 space map
    • Exploration System, with access points in all four quadrants
    • Cardassian mini-faction, with insta-level to 50 after extended tutorial (for simplicity, we'll say FED-aligned only for now)
    • Fek'Ihri story arc revamp, for KDF players and hints to X4 storyline
    • Return of the Hur'q, main plot of the expansion, Dominion seeks the aid of the Alliance in response
    • Anti-Hue'q Reputation, with Alliance/Dominion hybrid technology
    • Cardassian Union Lock Box, containing T6 Hideki and T6 Cardie Science ship
    • DS9 interior revamp
    • DS9 alums return for VO (Garak, Kira, Odo, and Ezri Dax make the most sense to me, as well as return of Worf)

This would be on par with what we got for Agents of Yesterday, and lines up nicely with DS9's 25th anniversary.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    The only problem I have with the above suggestions is the Cardassian Union Lock Box: If a Cardassian mini-faction were to be introduced, then all of the Cardassian ships would most likely be offered through purchasing a LOR/DR/AOY type expansion package. It would make more sense for it to be a new Dominion (New Dominion?) Lock Box, Hur'q Lock Box, or even a Fek'Ihi Lock Box, offering Dominion, Hur'q, or Feh'Ihri ships respectively.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    The only problem I have with the above suggestions is the Cardassian Union Lock Box: If a Cardassian mini-faction were to be introduced, then all of the Cardassian ships would most likely be offered through purchasing a LOR/DR/AOY type expansion package. It would make more sense for it to be a new Dominion (New Dominion?) Lock Box, Hur'q Lock Box, or even a Fek'Ihi Lock Box, offering Dominion, Hur'q, or Feh'Ihri ships respectively.

Yeah, the only reason why I went the Lock Box route was because of the Galor and Keldon (the two most recognizable ships from canon) are already in-game through lock box. :disappointed: Also, I'm not totally convinced that Cryptic wants to make FOUR ships for every future release, instead of three. No matter what they do, I don't think the playerbase will be totally happy.

However, that being said... there IS the possibility of a new specialization being added, and they WOULD need to fill in a C-Store Mega Bundle of some sort. If the Cardie stuff goes there, then you could see the Fek'Ihri Lock Box first, followed by the Hur'q Lock Box. That could also open up a Cardassain Outpost Fleet Holding in the GQ, which would contain Cardie BOFFs, space and ground weapons, uniforms, etc...

It needs some refinement, and some give-take choices will need to be made... but THIS IS THE WAY CRYPTIC NEEDS TO GO!! IT'S NOT HARD!!! :smiley:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I'd rather have playable Vorta, and Dominion mini-faction. :p Praise the Founders! \o/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    1. DS9 interior revamp.
    2. 4. 2 sector tall, by 4 sector wide, playable Gamma Quadrant sector space map centered around the Idran Wormhole's GQ terminus.(the white boxed area in the pic below)
    10. DS9 cast VAs

If the expansion just had these three, I'd be cool with it - presuming there are some episodes to put that VA in of course. I'd love it though if they made DS9 a large adventure zone like New Romulus.
    3. Anti-Dominion taskforce reputation + pve queues.
    7. Gamma Quadrant themed fleet holding.
    8. Cardassian admiralty campaign.

I would expect these to happen, but can't say I would want then. We have more than enough grinds.

2. Karemma, Tosk, and Paradans added to Federation playable species, and Dosi, Wadi, and Hunters added to KDF playable species, since we know these governments have relations with those races, and the wormhole to the GQ has been open and used since the end of the war. It makes sense a few members of these races would have joined up for diplomatic reasons.

Why limit it by faction? Just give them cross-faction unlocks in the c-store like Trill.

5. AoY style Cardassian faction that can join up with either the Feds or the KDF after their short mission list is done.

If they can get Andrew Robinson then he alone would make a Cardassian mini-faction worth while. Otherwise there would be nothing in it actually from the show. No locations or characters would still be around.* I think a c-store unlock plus some Cardassian-heavy missions (with the right kind of vibe) for all would be fine.

*=okay, there's Empok Nor. But we already had that, sort of, and it is just a dupe of DS9.
    I don't think we'll see Dominion War 2.0 simply because the STO story has already established them as future allies.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    The Breen government does not actually attack us. Thot Trel and his lackeys are those we face in the FE series.

The Tholians.... are apparently trying to enforce their own weird variation of the Temporal Accords in the present... namely eradicating anything that doesn't belong in this timeline. The source of the conflict is that the Feds want to study their stuff first.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Story: Likely the Hur'q supported by T'Ket and her Heralds giving the Dominion a hard time, we then go and save the Dominion /sarcastic_cheer

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Personally I'd like to see something NEW, not rehash of what we've already seen. I'd rather the dominion come to us and say "We need your help against something new and we need your help NOW!" And also, we have to go to the gamma quadrant, gotta find new Khitomer.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I'd like for my Jem'Hadar officer to finally get to change clothes. It's been awhile since that episode came out, and he's starting to really put the 'O' in BO.